Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
    homestead recruiters have better connections with the high school coaches though, so if there are character flaws that arent apparent in normal contact they will know about it quicker.
    Not saying its the only way that this can happen but i have to admit its a bit odd that a guy good enough to be offered by ohio state and oklahoma has no offer by both michigan and msu.
    Especially considering Michigan's dire need for DL.

Comment

• Listen, if people on this message board know about it, then people on the coaching staffs of Oklahoma and Ohio State know about it, too. It's just that simple.

Maybe the situations at Oklahoma and Ohio State allow for them to take a risk on kids with supposed work ethic issues. Maybe those staffs think they can whip him into shape. Maybe Dantonio doesn't like big DTs and Rodriguez is an idiot who can't evaluate talent. Who the hell knows? But to claim that the MSU and Michigan coaches have information that the Ohio State and Oklahoma coaches don't is just stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        Especially considering Michigan's dire need for DL.
        You'd think considering Michigan's dire need for actual defensive players (not hybrid's or ATHs), they'd stop recruiting tiny WRs/RBs too. I think they've proven they aren't going with conventional logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by HindSight View Post
          You'd think considering Michigan's dire need for actual defensive players (not hybrid's or ATHs), they'd stop recruiting tiny WRs/RBs too. I think they've proven they aren't going with conventional logic.
          They're full on offense unless a super wants to commit. Nice attempt, though. They had Hankins at camp and tested his conditioning by having him run four straight plays. After the third and fourth, an oxygen tank would have been a nice present for Hankins.

Comment

Listen, if people on this message board know about it, then people on the coaching staffs of Oklahoma and Ohio State know about it, too. It's just that simple.

Maybe the situations at Oklahoma and Ohio State allow for them to take a risk on kids with supposed work ethic issues. Maybe those staffs think they can whip him into shape. Maybe Dantonio doesn't like big DTs and Rodriguez is an idiot who can't evaluate talent. Who the hell knows? But to claim that the MSU and Michigan coaches have information that the Ohio State and Oklahoma coaches don't is just stupid.
            Im not saying that anyone on this message board knows it.

I think that better contacts with the HS coaches can make a difference in the eagerness of a program to offer someone

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
            - Corner or Wideout in the first
            - No reaching
            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              They're full on offense unless a super wants to commit. Nice attempt, though. They had Hankins at camp and tested his conditioning by having him run four straight plays. After the third and fourth, an oxygen tank would have been a nice present for Hankins.
              And you know about that. And so do I. But somehow the Ohio State and Oklahoma staffs don't? Seriously?

Comment

And you know about that. And so do I. But somehow the Ohio State and Oklahoma staffs don't? Seriously?
                I understand what you're saying, and I'm really not trying to turn this into an argument. I just think it's really, really weird that neither in-state coach has offered. Dantonio will offer pretty much any borderline prospect from MI, especially from Southeastern. Rodriguez needs DT depth badly, and really could use an in-road to Southeastern. Trust me, I want Hankins to be offered. From the sound of it, he'd commit to UM in a second. I think that UM needs another NT type, and I don't see why they couldn't just redshirt him or something like that to make him shed weight.

Comment

• My argument isn't whether it's weird or not that the in-state schools didn't offer but schools did like OSU and especially Oklahoma considering how much DL talent they put into the League. That's very weird. But somebody claimed that the MSU and Michigan coaching staffs knew something that the Ohio State and Oklahoma staffs didn't. That's just foolish.

Comment

My argument isn't whether it's weird or not that the in-state schools didn't offer but schools did like OSU and especially Oklahoma considering how much DL talent they put into the League. That's very weird. But somebody claimed that the MSU and Michigan coaching staffs knew something that the Ohio State and Oklahoma staffs didn't. That's just foolish.
                    It's foolish that someone could possibly know something that someone else doesn't?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      It's foolish that someone could possibly know something that someone else doesn't?
                      It's foolish that I know something that the Ohio State staff doesn't...yes.

Comment

• I'm confused now.

Also, JBond I'm cool with the infraction, but did you have to delete me embarassing Told?

Comment

• There's not much to be confused about. The knock on the kid is that he's too fat and his work ethic is questionable. The fact that I, you, and anybody reading this knows that means that the Ohio State and Oklahoma coaching staffs know it, too. The claim that MSU and Michigan didn't offer because they knew it, but Oklahoma and OSU offered because they didn't know it is what is foolish.

Comment

• Embarrassing me?

The three will be Hawks by the end of August. Forlorn conclusion.

Comment

• do you mean forgone?

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                                Embarrassing me?

The three will be Hawks by the end of August. Forlorn conclusion.
                                Forlorn, adj.,
                                1) Abandonned, left behind, deserted
                                2) Miserable

You were looking for foregone conclusion. Great Iowa education at work.

Jbond deleted my post because I called you a naughty name, but in it, I gave you quotes to disprove everything you said. Particularly humorous is the fact that you said Kirksey and Shumpert never visited Minnesota, when in fact they did in late July, one week before they visited Iowa.

I swear man, you're so awful it's funny, but it gets old proving you wrong every single day.
                                Last edited by bearsfan_51; 08-10-2009, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information