Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Forlorn, adj.,
    1) Abandonned, left behind, deserted
    2) Miserable

You were looking for foregone conclusion. Great Iowa education at work.

Jbond deleted my thread because I called you a naughty name, but in it, I gave you quotes to disprove everything you said. Particularly humerous is the fact that you said Kirksey and Shumpert never visisted Minnesota, when in fact they did in late July, one week before they visited Iowa.

I swear man, you're so awful it's funny, but it gets old proving you wrong every single day.

Its actually one of the few words in the english language thats directly 'stolen' from a dutch word and then spelled totally different. Good times

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
    - Corner or Wideout in the first
    - No reaching
    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
      Its actually one of the few words in the english language thats directly 'stolen' from a dutch word and then spelled totally different. Good times

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• No neither have them have visited Minnesota Bearsfan.

Comment

• When Shumpert, Kirksey, Davis, and at it appears Coker...

are Hawkeyes, just like Donnal, Gray, Poggi, Ferguson, Scherff, Hoch, and Trinca Pasat before them..

That makes me wrong again?

Things must be different in hyperbole town.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
            When Shumpert, Kirksey, Davis, and at it appears Coker...

are Hawkeyes, just like Donnal, Gray, Poggi, Ferguson, Scherff, Hoch, and Trinca Pasat before them..

That makes me wrong again?

Things must be different in hyperbole town.
            I thought I'd be ironic this time and use a link from an Iowa message board.

http://www.hawkeyehideout.com/showthread.php?p=82173

I have no idea who half of the players you listed even are, but I know Shumpert, Kirksey, and Coker all visited here. Whether they commit I have no idea, but I do know you are full of **** 99% of the time. Iowa could get them this year, as they actually seem to be doing slightly better than pathetic in the recruiting department so far.

Or I could pull up the numbers again to show just how bad we've beaten you at recruiting the last few years. Brandon Green, Lamonte Edwards, Tom Parrish, Bryant Allen, Ra'Shede Hageman, Marquies Gray, Sam Maresh, Kerry Lewis. That's just off the top of my head. All offers from Iowa, all went to Minnesota.

In fact, for the last two years there wasn't a single player with an offer from Minnesota that went to Iowa. Mike Hardy was the first to change that.
            Last edited by bearsfan_51; 08-10-2009, 08:28 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              I thought I'd be ironic this time and use a link from an Iowa message board.

http://www.hawkeyehideout.com/showthread.php?p=82173

I have no idea who half of the players you listed even are, but I know Shumpert, Kirksey, and Coker all visited here. Whether they commit I have no idea, but I do know you are full of **** 99% of the time. Iowa could get them this year, as they actually seem to be doing slightly better than pathetic in the recruiting department so far.

Or I could pull up the numbers again to show just how bad we've beaten you at recruiting the last few years. Brandon Green, Lamonte Edwards, Tom Parrish, Bryant Allen, Ra'Shede Hageman, Marquies Gray, Sam Maresh, Kerry Lewis. That's just off the top of my head. All offers from Iowa, all went to Minnesota.

In fact, for the last two years there wasn't a single player with an offer from Minnesota that went to Iowa. Mike Hardy was the first to change that.

I was about to post the same link.

And forlorn conclusion=sig quote.

Comment

• Hooray for head to head recruiting wins!!!!

;)

Comment

• Players I predicted would commit to Iowa, and have.

This year? Jimmy Gjere and Lamonte Edwards, Parish didn't have an offer.

We generally don't recruit well as Timmy Promises, but we still beat him by fifty points, on the road. This year is different. The approach has changed, and so have the results.

99% of the time? That means for every two hundred players I say will commit to Iowa, only two do. Wow. I guess I didn't know I was that bad.

Comment

• So where does everyone think all these players will go...here is mine, feel free to quote.

Running Back
                    Lache Seastrunk---Louisiana State
                    Marcus Lattimore---South Carolina
                    Michael Dyer---Arkansas
                    Jordon James---UCLA

Wide Receiver
                    Darius White---Oklahoma State (going with the sleeper)
                    Kyle Prater---Southern California
                    Trovon Reed---Louisiana State
                    Shakim Phillips---Pittsburgh
                    Chris Dunkley---Florida
                    Ivan McCartney---North Carolina

Offensive Tackle
                    Seantrel Henderson---Literally have no clue, I'll say USC but I'll change tomorrow

Defensive End
                    Jackson Jeffcoat---Texas
                    Ronald Powell---Southern California
                    JR Ferguson---Tennessee
                    Gabe King---North Carolina State
                    Brandon Willis---Clemson
                    Owamagbe Odighizuwa---California

Defensive Tackle
                    Shariff Floyd---Penn State

Linebacker
                    Jordan Hicks---Texas
                    Jeff Luc---Georgia (sleeper pick)
                    Khairi Fortt---Penn State
                    Christian Jones---Florida State

Defensive Back
                    Lamarcus Joyner---Florida State
                    Josh Shaw---Ohio State
                    Josh Fulton---South Carolina
                    Cody Riggs---Florida

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Solid besides

Shaw USC, McCartney Florida, Willis FSU, Luc Florida

Comment

• Luc - UF
                        Powell - UF

Both WILL happen unless Strong leaves or something goes on with Powell.

Sticks - Miami

And I expect Obsjaijzn FIiwoakajd to be a Gator. We like him a lot.

Comment

• Willis and Luc to FSU, IMO.

Comment

• King to Cal.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

• Originally posted by HindSight View Post
                              There's not much to be confused about. The knock on the kid is that he's too fat and his work ethic is questionable. The fact that I, you, and anybody reading this knows that means that the Ohio State and Oklahoma coaching staffs know it, too. The claim that MSU and Michigan didn't offer because they knew it, but Oklahoma and OSU offered because they didn't know it is what is foolish.
                              But the extent of that laziness, lack of conditioning, and academic issues is something we (messageboarders) don't know, and I would say the two instate programs know more of than the OOS ones. Compare these two scenarios, and maybe you'll see what I'm trying to get at.

1) Oklahoma sees film of Hankins, thinks he looks good. They hear rumors that he's lazy and has academic issues, but they have no real way to verify this, since they don't have any connection to the school administration, his high school coaches, or Detroit football insiders, all of whom could give a much more detailed assessment of whether the rumors are true. They offer, since to them it's just hearsay and Hankins is undeniably a big (literally) talent.

2) UM and MSU see film and games, think he looks good. They hear he's lazy, and so they use their many Detroit area recruiters/insiders to check out his practices and see whether he dogs it there. They privately work him out. They talk to his high school coaches about his work ethic. They ask school administrators what kind of student he is. They get a bunch of red flags which concretely corroborate the rumors of laziness and conditioning, and decide not to offer.

It's not that Hankins having issues is something UM/MSU know about, and OU/tOSU are completely in the dark on. But the extent of the issues, and the reliability of the information about them, is an entirely different story and one where it's logical to assume the local programs know more of the whole story.

As previous posts have pointed out, it is extremely weird for someone to be talented enough to receive OOS offers from two of the most prestigious, selective football programs in the country, but not from the two instate programs (both of whom normally would fall all over themselves trying to recruit the next Joseph Barksdale or William Campbell).
                              Last edited by srv fan; 08-10-2009, 11:56 PM.
                              “Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling.”

- Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Dyer is in love with Auburn from what i hear.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information