Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
    ewww, I like Lache, but i wouldn't call him no.1, he isn't better than any of the no.1 top RB's of the last two years.
    He ain't Bryce Brown by any means but as a whole I feel like the entire top 10 for 2010 isn't as talented as the top 10 from 2009. Althought 2010 does look real deep at some really big positions.

Comment

No, that's called being maxed out. He will barely get bigger or stronger from this point on, and he's showed that he had trouble with leverage. He got past his opponents easily though (using hand moves, his length and speed) and he just seems like he'd be a better fit at DE (IMHO) where he wouldn't have leverage problems and his height would be a bonus (instead of a possible problem). I'm not knocking you, him or VT. I personally think VT is one of the best (top 3) programs that work with the talent they get, and the best special teams unit in the country year in and year out. I think that Acree is a great prospect, but I feel his body and skill set matches a DE better...no need to get testy.
      I'll disagree. Players he has been compared to (John Henderson I've heard from more than one person) are of similar height and rely greatly on their physical strength and hands. The thing is, Acree does not have to get much stronger. If he gos up just 50 pounds on his bench from now to the time he exits college (that would put him close to 500), he would still be one of the strongest players in the nation.

Not to mention our strength and conditioning coach is very, very good.

He's mean. He has a passion to dominate. He just hasn't had the coaching.

That won't be a problem with Coach Wiles, one of the best in the nation. Once we get Acree some leverage and pad level he will be unstoppable.

Coach Wiles and Coach Foster have been given steel off the furnace. He already has the skills to dominate. We just have to teach him how.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Minnesota is abnormally loaded with talent this year. I don't expect Seantrelle to stay, but I think we've got a better than 50% shot with the rest.

Already have a commit from Konrad Zagzebski, the greatest name for a linebacker ever.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Minnesota is abnormally loaded with talent this year. I don't expect Seantrelle to stay, but I think we've got a better than 50% shot with the rest.

Already have a commit from Konrad Zagzebski, the greatest name for a linebacker ever.
          Guessing that LB is a Polack.

Originally posted by supermario86
          Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

Dillion Baxter is the best SD RB since Bush, and Petey thinks so too.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recrui...n-Baxter-32042
            I live in San Diego and all you hear about is Brennan Clay and how he was the first San Diego RB to have 1000 yards rushing and recieving in a season

Comment

Originally posted by Newbs24 View Post
              Guessing that LB is a Polack.
              Indeed. Northern Wisconsin. About 99% of the town is Polish immigrants.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Seantrel Henderson will be Rivals.com's #1 prospect, he was Junior of the Year aka early #1.

The kid is probably the best offensive line prospect since Andre Smith.
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                  Post this in the Canes thread but seeing as we are talking 2010 now, I'll post it here too for conversation sake. Commits in bold.

Easy Targets:
                  WR- Quentin Dunbar, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington
                  WR- Willis Wright, Miami Springs (FL) Miami Springs
                  RB- Jahkari Gore, Miami (FL) Columbus (WL250)
                  OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern
                  OL- Brandon Linder, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aqunias
                  OL- Jose Jose, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington
                  OL- Jacob Wheeler, Plantation (FL) American Heritage
                  DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (WL250) 5* Candidate
                  DT- Calvin Smith, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (WL250)
                  DE- Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (WL250)
                  DE- Lyndon Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
                  CB- Khalil Marshall, Miami (FL) Northwestern
                  WR- Michaelee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern
                  ATH- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Miami Central (WL250)
                  K- Jose Diaz, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington

Will need some work:
                  RB- Brandon Gainer, Miami (FL) Miami Central (WL250)
                  WR- Ted Meline, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
                  WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (WL250)
                  OL-Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (WL250) 5* Candidate
                  LB- LeNerick Reddick, Miami (FL) Miami Central
                  CB- Cody Riggs, Fort Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas
                  S- Demeterius Pettaway, Homestead (FL) Homestead
                  RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
                  RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas (WL250)
                  DL- Ego Ferguson, Frederick (MD) St. John’s Prep (WL250) 5* Candidate
                  CB- Dior Mathis, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech
                  S- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (WL250) 5* Candidate
                  S- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson

Highest Priority:
                  QB- Blake Bell, Wichita (KS) Bishop Carroll (WL250) 5* Candidate
                  CB- LaMarcus Joyner, Miami (FL) Southwest (WL250) 5* Candidate
                  OL- Robert Crisp, Chapel Hill (NC) Chapel Hill (WL250) 5* Candidate
                  DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines (WL250) 5* Candidate
                  TE- Gerald Christian, West Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer (WL250)

Longshots:
                  RB- Corvin Lamb, Miami (FL) Northwestern (WL250)
                  WR- De’Joshua Johnson, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (WL250)
                  WR- Tai-ler Jones, Gainesville (GA)Gainesville HS
                  OL- Chaz Green, Tampa (FL) Tampa Cathloic
                  LB- Gideon Ajagbe, Coconut Grove (FL) Ransom Everglades (WL250)
                  LB- Christian Jones, Winter Park (FL) Lake Howell
                  LB- Khairi Fortt, Stamford (CT) Stamford (WL250)
                  CB- Joseph Randle, Wichita (KS) Wichita Southeast (WL250)

You guys need to step your game up. I've had a solid list of 2010 options for a week already. ;)
                  Missouri is on Blake Bell also. Of course it sounds like half of the D1 schools are on the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                    Seantrel Henderson will be Rivals.com's #1 prospect, he was Junior of the Year aka early #1.

The kid is probably the best offensive line prospect since Andre Smith.
                    Bingo, Rivals is already pimping him.

Comment

Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
                      Missouri is on Blake Bell also. Of course it sounds like half of the D1 schools are on the kid.
                      Well yea, he's like the number 1 QB next year.

Luckily we have a good relationship with his "advisor".

Too bad the guy is a POS. Hopefully we can make that last for 1 more year so we can land Bell.

Comment

I don't see it with Blake Bell. Nice size, sure, but what else? Does not have a rocket arm, his 'wind up' is longer than Sandy Koufax, mechanics are not good, doesn't even seem to have great accuracy. Who knows though? He is a 2-3 years project where ever he goes, which I guess in our case would be what we are looking at it, but we already have that role in Taylor Cook.

Anyways, I think Blake will go to Oklahoma anyways if they want him. And if Butler really is his adviser, get ready for some fun Sooners!

Comment

Whats with high school kids having "advisors" now? Crazy.

Comment

the Texas Rivals site has Lache as the #2 player in the state of Texas for 2010 behind Jackson Jeffcoat.

Comment

Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
                              Rivals has Lache as the #2 player in the state of Texas for 2010 behind Jackson Jeffcoat.
                              Really? Kinda surprised by that.

They already have the Texas ratings up or is that a seperate Texas site on the Rivals network similar to FLAvarsity?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                                Really? Kinda surprised by that.

They already have the Texas ratings up or is that a seperate Texas site on the Rivals network similar to FLAvarsity?
                                similiar to FLAvarsity

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information