Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU offered Nick Montana as well. I pray we get him, just because his dad is my all time favorite. Well him and Barry Sanders. Pretty sad that, as a Saints fan, we've never had a player good enough to love like that.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
      LSU offered Nick Montana as well. I pray we get him, just because his dad is my all time favorite. Well him and Barry Sanders. Pretty sad that, as a Saints fan, we've never had a player good enough to love like that.
      Brees?

Comment

• Guess Gardner dropped the Bucks, prob because he isn't getting an offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
          Guess Gardner dropped the Bucks, prob because he isn't getting an offer.
          Link please?

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
            Link please?

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
              Brees?
              I do like Brees, just not as much as Montana. And I hated San Fran when the Saints were in the same division as them, just loved Montana.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Found an interesting arcticle on some southern Florida prospects mostly the Miami area. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=3910626

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                  Ohio State has by far the best chances of any OOS school with Joyner right now. The cornerback factory pitch and the fact that guys like Sabino, Travis Howard, Duron Carter, and most especially Jaamal Berry are up there already is an attractive situation. He'll be up in Columbus for the spring game and of course he'll probably call us his leader after that, but if it goes down to NLOID then I think our chances aren't as good (as if say he decides before January 2010). It would be hard for us to get Joyner out of Florida simply because we'd have to stay on him hard all year knowing that the Big 3 will be doing that (but with better resources like distance), but getting OSU getting LJ is do-able, though not easy.
                  Not sure how Howard or Sabino help with Joyner at all. They are 2 years removed from HS, play in a completely different county of FLA and went to a HS that LJ has probably never set foot in. To him, they are just 2 random dudes that happen to be born in Florida. Just about every other good D1 program can boast that. Jamal Berry is similar, I dont think Southwest and Palmetto ever play, athough being just a year apart they were likely to be at some of the same camps. But honestly, your reaching for straws here, ND has some random guys from Florida that LJ has nothing to do with. Do you count that as a plus for them the way you do for OSU?

BTW...pretty sure he already said hes waiting til NSD to annouce.

Comment

• Penn State's Scout guy talked to Devin Gardner today and said that he is interested in Penn State even with Michigan and Paul Jones in the picture. Interesting on how it will turn out.

Also, San Diego WR Kenny Stills wants to make an official visit to Penn State. He looks like a very solid player. I would love to have him on board.

Comment

• It'd be funny if we offered Gardner, he'd have to be willing to compete with a probable true SO Kevin Newsome, and a true freshmen (going to enroll early) Paul Jones in his own class. RV can recruit Michigan, and I'd take him just so I could see UM, ND and others freak out if he committed to PSU. Also takes away tOSU's fall back option if they don't get Montana. Devin did a rivals or scout interview a few days ago and said he'd "like" a PSU offer, and my whole thing was that unless he initiates contact/shows interest, PSU isn't going to offer just for the hell of it, particularly when they've already got their guy in '10.

I also like that '10 CA WR Kenny Stills already has his PSU written offer. And the fact that he won the Maxwell (most outstanding at the camp?) over '10 USC commit Dillon Baxter at yesterdays FBU camp is cool....I don't know anything about Baxter though so that means little too me. He is a Wisconsin legacy but it would be nice if he weren't going to go there, I would definitely like to have him...plus he wants to get out of Cali.
                      Last edited by PENNSTATEHOMER; 02-16-2009, 04:20 PM.
                      "If nobody told you how good you were, how good would you be?"

Comment

• source is rivals; we are real thin at lber

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

That and he was never as high on Ohio State as Buckeye fans thought he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                            source is rivals; we are real thin at lber
                            I just read the article.

Kinda iffy. Usually when a kid names a leader, it's a big article all about it.

This was literally 2 lines at the end of a page long article about Doc Holliday, DJ Johnson and Anquan Boldin.

And on top of that WVU is his only written offer. Miami, Rutgers and FIU are all verbal offers right now.

Too early and the info is too limited here to say what the kid is really thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                              Not sure how Howard or Sabino help with Joyner at all. They are 2 years removed from HS, play in a completely different county of FLA and went to a HS that LJ has probably never set foot in. To him, they are just 2 random dudes that happen to be born in Florida. Just about every other good D1 program can boast that. Jaamal Berry is similar, I dont think Southwest and Palmetto ever play, athough being just a year apart they were likely to be at some of the same camps. But honestly, your reaching for straws here, ND has some random guys from Florida that LJ has nothing to do with. Do you count that as a plus for them the way you do for OSU?

BTW...pretty sure he already said hes waiting til NSD to annouce.

Joyner caught Berry from behind on a big run last season when SW and Palmetto played, pretty famous highlight amongst Buckeye fans. Berry and Sabino/Howard know each other and are friends, and Berry and Sabino's moms watch the games together when OSU plays. Berry and Carter already know Joyner, there aren't best friends or anything but Joyner likes the idea of playing with Berry in Columbus - one of the reasons he said Ohio State is high on his list. I'm not sure about Howard and Sabino but what I meant really when I said having those Miami guys that can influence Joyner is that they and their parents can tell Joyner how they like Columbus and what their recruitment was like.

Comment

yeah, we're gonna take one QB this year and it's gonna be Montana....maybe sooner than expected. Staff likes him a lot more than Devin and Joe Montana said he'd be "honored to have his son play for Jim Tressel". SF's former owner is from Youngstown just like JT, which is where the Montana/Tressel connection comes from.
                                Last edited by keylime_5; 02-16-2009, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information