Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joey, is Godfrey a Cane lock? Have to think so.


    Originally posted by supermario86
    Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Newbs24 View Post
      Joey, is Godfrey a Cane lock? Have to think so.
      We talked about it a few pages back if your in the mood to go searching thru the pages for it.

      I never throw around the word lock. But most will be surprised if he goes elsewhere.

      Comment


      • Figured as much


        Originally posted by supermario86
        Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
          Who have you gotten from Dade County? People tend to forget that South Florida and Dade County are 2 different things.

          Only recent one I can think of is Hargrett who was a backup RB at MNW.

          I know about Doc Holliday also. But this year you are offering everyone in sight as opposed to most years where you just poach the guys that don't have grades.

          The only real marquee guy I can think of that you got was Gene Smith and QB recruitments are usually outside the scope of normal recruitments.
          no one since 2001

          antonio brown was a nehlen recruit; his senior year was rods 1st; under nehlen he played wr/db and was a great teammate; we were one of the few schools to offer him (mainly due to grades); well, nehlen kept a board of the top 25 student athletes on the team, and brown every year was ranked #7, and his coach still has the pic today; he made all big east a few years

          well, rod comes in and hardly plays him; pretty much p*ssed off his coach, and several others in dade county, they said they wouldnt let anyone go to wvu

          think we may have gotten 2---jt thomas, and quinton andrews

          brown eventually made it to the pros and played for washington

          http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...1301686_4.html

          But Nehlen retired before Brown's senior season, and the new coach, Rich Rodriguez, barely used him (including during a game at the Orange Bowl, which left a contingent of South Florida high school coaches vowing never to send players to West Virginia again, Boykins said).

          cred 2 BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jonny View Post
            Can you elaborate on this? Lockwood handles East PA and South Jersey I thought. I assume you have a guy for West PA, so how is WVU moving away from PA?
            not going into pa as much as we did under rod

            lockwood i believe is doing all of jersey now

            cred 2 BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
              lockwood i believe is doing all of jersey now
              That probably won't work. He was able to do it at Minnesota, but that's because Glen Mason is from NJ. Much easier to do SJ/Philly/Delaware than SJ/NJ, completely different beasts. Lockwood was in on some SJ players last year but I heard nothing about WVU in the rest of the state.

              Speaking of territories, I'm still pissed that we had to can Coach Demo. Our Florida recruiting sucks now, even though we are doing a lot better in SJ/Philly/Delaware. He's not Doc but he pulled in some very solid players. He actually rented an apartment down there and exclusively did Dade, and we had another assistant (Rizzi) for Broward and Palm Beach. Now both are gone, sucks.

              Comment


              • Kwilk,

                New smething was off about that Zach Allen blurb yesterday.

                Full article out toda.

                He says he grew up a Miami fan. Calls us his favorites. Loves our depth chart at TE and is likely to committ once he gets his offer.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                  Kwilk,

                  New smething was off about that Zach Allen blurb yesterday.

                  Full article out toda.

                  He says he grew up a Miami fan. Calls us his favorites. Loves our depth chart at TE and is likely to committ once he gets his offer.

                  I don't much about Allen yet, but a 200 pound pass catching TE from the muck?? Sign me up!

                  Comment


                  • ESPNU 150 Watch List running back Giovanni Bernard told affiliate Web site InsideTheU.com, "Well right now, you know, it's just basically Miami, they're really up there. West Virginia's up there, Oregon State and Maryland. Those are my four biggest schools right there."

                    The load-carrier for the nation's top high school team in 2008 added that he's also holding scholarship offers from Auburn, Boston College, Rutgers and Florida International.

                    Bernard, whose older brother Yvenson starred at Oregon State, recently ran a 4.58 40-yard dash at the Miami-FL Under Armour Combine.

                    also, texas qb jeremy johnson has a top 2 of wvu and ou; has a wvu offer, but not one from ou; wvu offering as a qb; we dont recruit texas unless a kid is really interested, so we'll see

                    cred 2 BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • Again, Florida people, any scouting report on Derek Owens?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                        ESPNU 150 Watch List running back Giovanni Bernard told affiliate Web site InsideTheU.com, "Well right now, you know, it's just basically Miami, they're really up there. West Virginia's up there, Oregon State and Maryland. Those are my four biggest schools right there."

                        The load-carrier for the nation's top high school team in 2008 added that he's also holding scholarship offers from Auburn, Boston College, Rutgers and Florida International.

                        Bernard, whose older brother Yvenson starred at Oregon State, recently ran a 4.58 40-yard dash at the Miami-FL Under Armour Combine.

                        also, texas qb jeremy johnson has a top 2 of wvu and ou; has a wvu offer, but not one from ou; wvu offering as a qb; we dont recruit texas unless a kid is really interested, so we'll see
                        I've heard from a few people now that Bernard wants to leave the state. I am actually surprised he said Miami leads...Would not surprise me at all to see him go to a school like Boston College or Oregon State.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                          I've heard from a few people now that Bernard wants to leave the state. I am actually surprised he said Miami leads...Would not surprise me at all to see him go to a school like Boston College or Oregon State.
                          Ive heard the opposite.

                          The only ons spewing that garbage that the idiots that hate the idea of us passing on Lamb and Clements because they are form MNW and BTW.

                          You been spending too much time on CS. Your sounding like them.

                          Ive long been hearing we where the leader and that he was favoring us. In fact the only other legit option Ive heard other then us is Oregon State cause of his bro.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                            Ive heard the opposite.

                            The only ons spewing that garbage that the idiots that hate the idea of us passing on Lamb and Clements because they are form MNW and BTW.

                            You been spending too much time on CS. Your sounding like them.

                            Ive long been hearing we where the leader and that he was favoring us. In fact the only other legit option Ive heard other then us is Oregon State cause of his bro.
                            I didn't hear that from CS, fwiw.

                            Comment


                            • Florida State finally offers Jeff Luc. He said if we offered a while ago he would have commited. Said he always wanted an FSU offer.

                              Comment


                              • I have been casually following Fort Wayne, IN runningback Rod Smith's recruitment over the past 6 months, I know he's always been high on Ohio State and Ohio State has had him near the top of their RB board, but being an OOS recruit with only 1 offer (Iowa) lots of Buckeye fans have swept him under the rug for now with all the attention Spencer Ware and Erick Howard have been getting, and some question if he'd ever get an offer b/c of grades. Apparently our coaches have told him they plan on offering, and I know he's a Buckeye lock if we offer. One of the best backs in Indiana high school history, nearly 6-4/220 and quite an athlete with good speed and a great vertical leap. Potential top 100 kid, maybe a 5 star if he blows up at combines and all star games but that's getting ahead.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information