Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of prospects USC has offered. I bolded the ones I think USC has a good chance of getting.

Jackson Jeffcoat, DE
    Anthony Barr, ATH
    Marvin Robinson, S/CB
    Lache Seastrunk, TB
    Ronald Powell, DE
    Dietrich Riley, S/CB
    Robert Woods, WR

Here are some commits who have a strong possibility to come, but havent been offered yet.

Matthew Jakubiec, OT
    Tevin McDonald, S/CB
    Dak Smith, DT/OT

And here are the recruits already signed up.

Dillon Baxter, RB/WR
    D.J. Morgan, RB

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
      List of prospects USC has offered. I bolded the ones I think USC has a good chance of getting.

Jackson Jeffcoat, DE
      Anthony Barr, ATH
      Marvin Robinson, S/CB
      Lache Seastrunk, TB
      Ronald Powell, DE
      Dietrich Riley, S/CB
      Robert Woods, WR

Here are some commits who have a strong possibility to come, but havent been offered yet.

Matthew Jakubiec, OT
      Tevin McDonald, S/CB
      Dak Smith, DT/OT

And here are the recruits already signed up.

Dillon Baxter, RB/WR
      D.J. Morgan, RB
      I dont see Jeffcoat going anywhere other than Texas or USC. I hope he chooses Texas since we lost Kennard and Jarvis to USC this year. He is going to the Texas Jr. day this weekend where he will get an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
        I dont see Jeffcoat going anywhere other than Texas or USC. I hope he chooses Texas since we lost Kennard and Jarvis to USC this year. He is going to the Texas Jr. day this weekend where he will get an offer.
        You mean you haven't offered him yet?

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
          Mack Brown does not offer until junior days.

We don't throw out offers like other schools do. That's why we consistently clean up the state. The local kids have been conditioned to think that an offer from Texas is "worth" more than an offer from someone else.

Some fans don't like it, but I don't see a problem with it. You wait until you have a real feel for the kid before you offer him.

Comment

GA WR Tai-ler Jones picks up offers from 'Bama, Michigan, Vandy and Duke

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/article/14414/
            Texas is hoping to get him in for a junior day pretty soon. We might offer him if we do.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasKing007 View Post
              Some fans don't like it, but I don't see a problem with it. You wait until you have a real feel for the kid before you offer him.
              This sounds like an episode of Flavor of Love.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Texas will be staying in state for the most part, as usual.

But we are reaching out early to a few guys:

WR Trovon Reed - Thibodaux, LA
                WR Tai-ler Jones - Gainesville, GA

Those two will be attending our junior day this weekend and will probably be offered.

LB Jordan Hicks - West Chester, OH

Has apparently been a Texas fan his whole life (weird considering where he lives). We tried to get him in this weekend but he will have to reschedule.

Comment

yea, texas is one of the few schools that can wait before they offer

for wvu's junior day, it's gonna be a lot smaller than rod's were; doc and stew feel it's better to bring in less players and spend more time with them individually, than bring in a lot and spend less time

coaches already have film on 400 prospects and are starting to rank their board; they figure out how many of each position they want, then divide into 3 tiers (tier 1, 2, 3); then rank within those tiers; once all tier 1 players committ somewhere, they start offering tier 2, and so on

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Yeah, Mack doesn't offer until he has them in person. I don't mind him waiting to offer though. Although I heard he already offered Jordan Hicks from OH. I am guessing there will be 5-10 commits this weekend.

Some guys I think might commit are:

WR Darius White
                    WR Darius Terrell
                    WR Mike Davis
                    DT Taylor Bible
                    DE Reggie Wilson
                    LB Aaron Benson
                    LB Corey Nelson
                    LB Dominique Patterson
                    DB Rashad Favors
                    DB Ahmad Dixon
                    DB Adrian White
                    Last edited by cdub11; 02-05-2009, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
                      Yeah, Mack doesn't offer until he has them in person. I don't mind him waiting to offer though.
                      yea, but you guys can afford to wait; cuz top in-state will wait on a texas offer, and there is so much talent in texas you dont have to leave the state

other schools dont have the luxury

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Will Mack Brown sign Mack Brown? I'm hearing Mack Brown is very interested in Florida.

This is going to get confusing.

Comment

• Lol, yeah.
                          Virginia Tech.
                          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• WR Chris Dunkley
                            WR Kadron Boone
                            OLB Gerald Chrisitan
                            OL Brent Benedict
                            DE BJ Butler
                            LB Jordan Haden
                            LB Gideon Ajagbe
                            LB Tyrone Cornelius

Early Gator leans from what I hear.

Comment

• Ohio State offers Nick Montana (son of Joe).

He currently has offers from OSU, LSU, Stanford, South Carolina, and Arizona.

I imagine he's probably waiting on Notre Dame, USC, or UCLA.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                Ohio State offers Nick Montana (son of Joe).

He currently has offers from OSU, LSU, Stanford, South Carolina, and Arizona.

I imagine he's probably waiting on Notre Dame, USC, or UCLA.
                                you would say that but he is REALLY high on lsu, i think he goes there

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                                - No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information