Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL, ESPN just called Urban "The King of College Football"... even as a Florida fan that's funny.

They did get one thing right - this will start an epic UT/UF recruiting battle and these two guys are going to use some downright dirty tactics against each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
      How good is Will Smith' son?
      Well, besides the fact that he opted to stay on JV when he could have moved up, I guess he's ok. Seems to be a bit more concerned on his image then playing D1 ball.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
      2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
      2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
        fair enough, suprised that nd offered him this early then (considering that (almost) every other guy we have offered is either a four to five star or a four star local (a fluid definition we have here for local)
        Almost everyone I have read seems to think Lo is a strong Michigan lean.

Comment

• Originally posted by fresssh View Post
          For easy targets I would add OL Jon Ragoo, CB Ravonne Carter,CB Richard Leonnard, and RB Hosey Williams. What do u guys think our chances are with Joyner?

Dior Mathis and Alec Olgtree are heavy Miami leans. Also I heard 3 St. Thomas players are about to commit. Any 1 think we can get sum early.

WR Keiwone Malone is a Mia lean, but I dont think we offered yet.
          Mathis and Olgetree are not Miami leans.

Mathis is seen as a backup plan from what I can gather and he's more likely to stay with his teammates at Michigan then to come down to Miami.

Olgetree I've seen linked heavily with UGA.

Hosey Williams isn't gonna get an offer from us and is very low on the list of RBs we are after. No sense in even putting him on the list.

3 St. Thomas players about to commit? The only 3 we are after are Linder, Bernard and Riggs. Considering Riggs and Bernard don't have offers, would be pretty hard for them to commit. Riggs is still being evaluated and Bernard is a backup plan.

Richard Leonard could be added as a potential target for us I suppose.

I've never heard Ragoo or Carter linked to us in any way shape or form and right now are not BCS caliber players.

Comment

• Tai-Ler Jones would be a legacy recruit for ND, so they def have an in with him

on the subject of in-state classes, NC was really weak in 08, better in 09 and 2010 looks damn strong. You gotta wonder if EVERY state looking better this year might just be early hype, though

Comment

• Lo Wood had a real good showing at the Under Armour camp and ran well for what was projected. I think he is a solid 4 star. On the Rivals 250 to watch for 2010. I think his recruitment ends before the summer. Possibly in March. Michigan feels VERY confident in him. And for a VERY good reason.

Originally posted by supermario86
              Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

• I read Kevin Newsome isn't too happy with Penn. State at the moment.

Too bad.

If his brother has a good year I wonder where he (Keevon) ends up.
                Virginia Tech.
                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

jeah and you are so convinced he will stay with illinois, sure it could happen but at the moment it is not really likely.
                  According to whom? Your Irish Eyes guy?

Cooper talked to Zook and told him that not exactly what he said in the interview and right now things are fine with him.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                  Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Sure wouldn't mind that pickup Bama.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                      According to whom? Your Irish Eyes guy?

Cooper talked to Zook and told him that not exactly what he said in the interview and right now things are fine with him.
                      amongst others, but well, we will see.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Me neither.

We picked up at least three defensive ends, three other guys who could play the position, this season. But Keevon has some tools.

I wonder if Kevin Newsome's discomfort will lead to anything. I doubt it. Would be nice.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

amongst others, but well, we will see.
                          Amongst others...wanna throw out some names? Did he tell this to Weiss? Because he did in fact talk to Zook and tell him things are fine and that his words were taken out of context in that article.

He's also very good friends with Prater who is an Illini lean at this point.

I'll never say never, but I don't see Cooper jumping ship after what happened after those "rumors" came about. Usually when our guys start talking things aren't good, they pretty much silenced the Cooper rumors a day or two after they broke.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Would be quite nice if he came home. I played against JuJu & Antone for 3 years and they are great athletes and competitors. I hope Beamer & company can make good use of those two.

Comment

• And I was just messing around with the "Corey Cooper >>> your recruit" thing. Since he's our only verbal right now I was just having some fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                                Amongst others...wanna throw out some names? Did he tell this to Weiss? Because he did in fact talk to Zook and tell him things are fine and that his words were taken out of context in that article.

He's also very good friends with Prater who is an Illini lean at this point.

I'll never say never, but I don't see Cooper jumping ship after what happened after those "rumors" came about. Usually when our guys start talking things aren't good, they pretty much silenced the Cooper rumors a day or two after they broke.
                                the guy for purdue said the same as did a couple of foxsports guys, Yeah he is a really good friend with both prater and cj fied(something more) and chance carter (who is imo a heavy ND lean) but to call prater an illinois lean is really pushing it since he's gone on record as saying he would prolly not take a decision until after his senior season.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                                - No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information