Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Kiffin accuses Meyer of recruiting violation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can't beat 'em, accuse them of violations

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
      Kiffin better live up to the recruiting bill the next few years or he'll be the one being joked about.
      His daddy should help him in that area...

Comment

Haha, Kiffin is a failure.

Lane Kiffin apparently owes Urban Meyer an apology. And the new Tennessee coach needs to read the NCAA rule book.

On Thursday morning at a breakfast function in Knoxville, Kiffin accused Meyer of an NCAA violation for calling Pahokee wide receiver Nu'Keese Richardson while Richardson was on his official visit to UT this past weekend. Richardson signed with the Vols on Wednesday.

"Just so you know, when a recruit is on another campus, you can't call him," Kiffin said. "I love the fact that Urban had to cheat and still didn't get him."

Kiffin's accusation is false, because there is no NCAA rule that prohibits a coach from calling a prospect while he's visiting another school during a contact period. This past weekend was a contact period.

"There is no rule that would prohibit Coach Meyer from calling a prospect at Tennessee on a Friday or Saturday during an official visit during a contact period," said Jamie McCloskey, UF's NCAA compliance director. "There's never been a rule. I've been doing this for a long time. Not only has there never been a rule, there's never been a discussion about having a rule.

"Unfortunately, you have someone accusing our coach of doing something improper, which is grossly unfair to him, to the program and the institution. Urban prides himself in doing things the right way. It's unfair. If a coach has a conflict with another coach in this league, this is not the way you handle it. It's not doing it out in the media, especially when we've done nothing wrong."

UF released the following statement from athletic director Jeremy Foley: "There was no rule violation and we have confirmed this with the Southeastern Conference. It is obvious that Coach Kiffin doesn’t know that there is not a rule precluding phone contact with a prospect during an official visit on another campus during a contact period. His allegations are inappropriate, out of line and, most importantly, totally false. It is completely unfair to Urban Meyer, our coaching staff, our football program and our institution. The appropriate action at this time in my opinion is for Coach Kiffin to make a public apology.

His comments not only slandered our coach, but he violated SEC rules by publicly criticizing another coach and institution."
        Link

So, over/under on how many points are we expecting Urb to drop on UT this season?

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
          So, over/under on how many points are we expecting Urb to drop on UT this season?
          You guys have beaten the piss out of them the last four years or so, with everyone you are returning I wouldn't expect this year to be different. Now you have a little more motivation too. I really have no problem with the Vols, I like a lot of their players and I love the tradition and passion at UT, but Kiffin is really rubbing people the wrong way and I think he is in for a rude awakening when fall rolls around.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
            You guys have beaten the piss out of them the last four years or so, with everyone you are returning I wouldn't expect this year to be different. Now you have a little more motivation too. I really have no problem with the Vols, I like a lot of their players and I love the tradition and passion at UT, but Kiffin is really rubbing people the wrong way and I think he is in for a rude awakening when fall rolls around.
            Yeah, but I'm expecting Urban to severely run up the score after this one...

The Georgia game was something Richt suggested, but his players executed.

Kiffin started this, and Urban's going to get him back, we all know that.

The plot thickens: With this not being a violation, Kiffin has violated SEC rules by publicly criticizing another coach.
            Last edited by sbh15; 02-05-2009, 03:31 PM.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3886703

"At an energetic breakfast with some of our donors and alumni I made a statement that was solely meant to excite the crowd," Kiffin said in a statement.

"If I offended anyone at the University of Florida, including Mr. Foley and Urban Meyer, I sincerely apologize. That was not my intention."
              I didn't know he did this in a booster breakfast, lol. I was hoping he did it during the NSD presser. Oh well...
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3886703

I didn't know he did this in a booster breakfast, lol. I was hoping he did it during the NSD presser. Oh well...
                I'm wondering how Nu'Keese feels about this, he doesn't seem like a kid who would want the coach he just left to get bashed by his new coach. Oh well, this is just Lane showing his true colors. Especially that half-assed apology.

Comment

Showing his true colors? Hah, be for real sbh. He made a joke to pump up the boosters and alumni in the crowd. Just like the, "I can't wait to sing Rocky Top all night after beating Florida next season," qwip he gave during his introduction presser.

This wasn't a press conference for the media where Kiffin came out and said, "OMG! Urban is teh cheaterz!" It was an on campus speech at university breakfast where the local was allow to cover since it was the new coach giving a speech after NSD. He used it as a way to compliment and garner praise for Eddie Gran, a Vols coach, by saying Gran landed Nuke even while Urban was calling him repeatedly on his visit in Knoxville.

Either way, BRAVEHEART is right, publicity is publicity. This has been all over ESPN today, and the more Kiffin gives the talking heads little bits to spew at their national audience, the better. Kiffin and Tennessee has nothing to lose. We likely lose to Florida this fall, and if Urban wants to run up the score, it only proves again that he's not the classiest guy in the world either. If Tennessee forces a close game or possibly even pulls out a victory, then he's backed up his fightin' words.

Either way, I love Kiffin. <3
                  Last edited by TitanHope; 02-05-2009, 05:22 PM.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Showing his true colors? Hah, be for real sbh. He made a joke to pump up the boosters and alumni in the crowd. Just like the, "I can't wait to sing Rocky Top all night after beating Florida next season," qwip he gave during his introduction presser.

This wasn't a press conference for the media where Kiffin came out and said, "OMG! Urban is teh cheaterz!" It was an on campus speech at university breakfast where the local was allow to cover since it was the new coach giving a speech after NSD. He used it as a way to compliment and garner praise for Eddie Gran, a Vols coach, by saying Gran landed Nuke even while Urban was calling him repeatedly on his visit in Knoxville.

Either way, BRAVEHEART is right, publicity is publicity. This has been all over ESPN today, and the more Kiffin gives the talking heads little bits to spew at their national audience, the better. Kiffin and Tennessee has nothing to lose. We likely lose to Florida this fall, and if Urban wants to run up the score, it only proves again that he's not the classiest guy in the world either. If Tennessee forces a close game or possibly even pulls out a victory, then he's backed up his fightin' words.
                    Well don't say Urban is classless after what Kiffin did today, Lane is asking for it.

I don't really care that it's a joke, he lied and tried to slander Urban... I have no problem with him thinking they'll beat us this year, but don't make up lies, c'mon now.

Anyway, Urban will settle this on the field next year. And the next year. And the next year, and the next year, and so on. I have a feeling Urban is going to do to Lane Kiffin what, as much as I hate to say it, Bruce Pearl has done to Billy Donovan (dominate him head to head).

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                      I'm wondering how Nu'Keese feels about this, he doesn't seem like a kid who would want the coach he just left to get bashed by his new coach. Oh well, this is just Lane showing his true colors. Especially that half-assed apology.
                      5'10 150-160 lbs wr's who can run fast are a dime a dozen. screw Nu'Keese, Janoris will blanket him

Comment

I go to college at NC State and we got a corner from Pahokee that Kiffin was also trying to pull in. The word coming out from those close to the situation is that Lane told Nu'Keese (wtf kind of name is that) to keep his visit to UT on the down low. So even if calling was a violation, it's not like Meyer would have known this kid was on campus if Kiffin had his way

Comment

Really who cares?

Both are scumbags.

Both have made tons are violations and neither will get punished for them. Simple as that.

Please don't tell me you guys really think Kiffin went about stealing Richardson and Teague from the Gators and Janzen from LSU the legal way.

Big booster money followed Kiffin to Tennesse and it got his father paid, got him Orgeron and is being thrown at recruits.

I find it funny that he is calling CUM out for violations even if he is right.

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15
                            Well don't say Urban is classless after what Kiffin did today, Lane is asking for it.

I don't really care that it's a joke, he lied and tried to slander Urban... I have no problem with him thinking they'll beat us this year, but don't make up lies, c'mon now.

Anyway, Urban will settle this on the field next year. And the next year. And the next year, and the next year, and so on. I have a feeling Urban is going to do to Lane Kiffin what, as much as I hate to say it, Bruce Pearl has done to Billy Donovan (dominate him head to head).
                            I didn't say he was classless. Just saying that if he goes out and deliberately runs up the score, it'll only appease Florida fans while everyone sees that he's not the type who takes the high road.

He didn't lie - he was just wrong about the severity of the act. Urban was calling him while on an official visit to Tennessee. Thats lame, and I bet Kiffin and the other Vols coaches were mad. It may not have been cheating, but it was still cheap. Cheap is allowed though. Just ask Nick Saban after forbidding recruits to take official visits to other schools after giving verbals to Bama.

Ya'll probably beat us this year. But because of this, TN/FL will be the most talked about game entering that weekend. If ya'll blow us out, then the story will be Urban getting his vengeance. If TN pulls the upset, its the start of a bitter rivalry. Either way, its attention for both schools and for the SEC.

I have a feeling this is Meyer's last season in the swamp, which is bitter sweet. After Notre Dame implodes this season, Meyer will replace Charlie Weiss as golden boy Tebow graduates. If Meyer stays, then the games will just get better and better as the Vols bring in QB's that can actually play football... -_-"
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

If Meyer stays, then the games will just get better and better as the Vols bring in QB's that can actually play football... -_-"
                              Crompton and Stephens FTL!
                              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

He didn't lie - he was just wrong about the severity of the act. Urban was calling him while on an official visit to Tennessee. Thats lame, and I bet Kiffin and the other Vols coaches were mad. It may not have been cheating, but it was still cheap. Cheap is allowed though. Just ask Nick Saban after forbidding recruits to take official visits to other schools after giving verbals to Bama.

He said Urban cheated. That was a lie. There's no law prohibiting contact during an open period, regardless of where the recruit is. Kiffin can feel free to hype up his team in front of boosters all he wants, just don't lie about it.

I have a feeling this is Meyer's last season in the swamp, which is bitter sweet. After Notre Dame implodes this season, Meyer will replace Charlie Weiss as golden boy Tebow graduates. If Meyer stays, then the games will just get better and better as the Vols bring in QB's that can actually play football... -_-"

Urban has said he won't consider it until all of his kids have left home, I believe his youngest is 13 or so. His big thing is not having to go too far for talent.
                                Yeah, above.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information