Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Kiffin accuses Meyer of recruiting violation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeyJr09
    Big booster money followed Kiffin to Tennesse and it got his father paid, got him Orgeron and is being thrown at recruits.
    You really gonna pull the paying recruits card, Joey? Seriously?

Really pathetic if you do. I only see that from homers who can't believe a player would dare choose another school over their fav school, so they resort to blaming the other school for paying the recruit in order to make themselves feel better.

Cause it could never be because a recruit like Janzen Jackson wants to be a coach someday, and thought that the opportunity to play under Monte Kiffin would greatly benefit him? Or that a player like Marsalis Teague, who's from the state of TN and was greatly interested in them until he gave his verbal to Florida, would dare decide to go to Tennessee where he'll get quicker playing time at slot WR over a talent laden Florida team?

Nope, its obvious that illegal gifts and money were the reason for it. Brilliant.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
      I didn't say he was classless. Just saying that if he goes out and deliberately runs up the score, it'll only appease Florida fans while everyone sees that he's not the type who takes the high road.

He didn't lie - he was just wrong about the severity of the act. Urban was calling him while on an official visit to Tennessee. Thats lame, and I bet Kiffin and the other Vols coaches were mad. It may not have been cheating, but it was still cheap. Cheap is allowed though. Just ask Nick Saban after forbidding recruits to take official visits to other schools after giving verbals to Bama.

Ya'll probably beat us this year. But because of this, TN/FL will be the most talked about game entering that weekend. If ya'll blow us out, then the story will be Urban getting his vengeance. If TN pulls the upset, its the start of a bitter rivalry. Either way, its attention for both schools and for the SEC.

I have a feeling this is Meyer's last season in the swamp, which is bitter sweet. After Notre Dame implodes this season, Meyer will replace Charlie Weiss as golden boy Tebow graduates. If Meyer stays, then the games will just get better and better as the Vols bring in QB's that can actually play football... -_-"
      Why are you trying to make out Urban to be such a bad guy like Kiffin is just a saint in all of this?

Comment

You really gonna pull the paying recruits card, Joey? Seriously?

Really pathetic if you do. I only see that from homers who can't believe a player would dare choose another school over their fav school, so they resort to blaming the other school for paying the recruit in order to make themselves feel better.

Cause it could never be because a recruit like Janzen Jackson wants to be a coach someday, and thought that the opportunity to play under Monte Kiffin would greatly benefit him? Or that a player like Marsalis Teague, who's from the state of TN and was greatly interested in them until he gave his verbal to Florida, would dare decide to go to Tennessee where he'll get quicker playing time at slot WR over a talent laden Florida team?

Nope, its obvious that illegal gifts and money were the reason for it. Brilliant.
        You do realize I am completely outside this situation?

Didnt affect Miami or any kids we were after in any way.

In fact, it hurt UF I loved seeing as they are our rivals.

But your are 100% naive if you don't think booster money given out to these kids had anything to do with it.

New coaches struggle to hold on to current commits when they take over a job and just try to fill spots and find players that fit them.

Not Kiffin, he comes in, kicks people out of his class and lands some of the best recruits in the nation. Sorry but you are extremely naive if you think kids wanna go to Tennessee that bad that they are dropping out of the last 2 NC winners during the last week of the process in order to sign in with a program that just had to change HC and is coming off a what 3 win season?

Get real dude. Money certainly played a role. Me bringing it up isn't pathetic. You being naive enough to think it didnt happen is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15
          He said Urban cheated. That was a lie. There's no law prohibiting contact during an open period, regardless of where the recruit is. Kiffin can feel free to hype up his team in front of boosters all he wants, just don't lie about it.
          It's only a lie if he actually knew it wasn't a recruiting violation and decided to say Urban cheated anyway. We don't know if he knew or not - if he just made a mistake or is working the media.

Originally posted by sbh15
          Urban has said he won't consider it until all of his kids have left home, I believe his youngest is 13 or so. His big thing is not having to go too far for talent.
          He's also said that being the HC at Notre Dame is his dream job. I'm not saying he's not a man of his word, but because other coaches like Nick Saban and Bobby Petrino have said they were staying with their team and then bolted as soon as an opportunity arose, no one can say for sure. Common sense tells me he'll jet if Charlie Weiss is fired. It's his dream job. He has to deny speculation of him wanting to go there in order to keep the Gator fanbase happy. His two time Heismann winning QB will be leaving. And Notre Dame is still a school that can recruit nationally.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

It's only a lie if he actually knew it wasn't a recruiting violation and decided to say Urban cheated anyway. We don't know if he knew or not - if he just made a mistake or is working the media.

He's also said that being the HC at Notre Dame is his dream job. I'm not saying he's not a man of his word, but because other coaches like Nick Saban and Bobby Petrino have said they were staying with their team and then bolted as soon as an opportunity arose, no one can say for sure. Common sense tells me he'll jet if Charlie Weiss is fired. It's his dream job. He has to deny speculation of him wanting to go there in order to keep the Gator fanbase happy. His two time Heismann winning QB will be leaving. And Notre Dame is still a school that can recruit nationally.
            Dude Bobby Bowden said that Bama was his dream job but he never took it

Comment

Originally posted by murdamal86 View Post
              Dude Bobby Bowden said that Bama was his dream job but he never took it
              Urban Meyer is NOT Bobby Bowden.

Bowden is a top 2 all time coach and for all his faults is a good guy.

Plus, everyone knew when Urb took the UF job that he was using it as a stepping stone to ND or the NFL when he got the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by murdamal86
                Why are you trying to make out Urban to be such a bad guy like Kiffin is just a saint in all of this?
                I'm not saying Kiffin is a saint or even that Urban is a bad guy. I'm saying I like Kiffin being a bit of a prick.

You do realize I am completely outside this situation?

Didnt affect Miami or any kids we were after in any way.

In fact, it hurt UF I loved seeing as they are our rivals.
                What relevance does the team you root for have in this? You came in here, called both Meyer and Kiffin scumbags, and then said Tennessee pays for recruits. I didn't call you a homer. I said thats something I see homers do when they have sour grapes, hence it being a lame argument - period. I wasn't describing you as a homer. I was describing your argument as baseless.

Get real dude. Money certainly played a role. Me bringing it up isn't pathetic. You being naive enough to think it didnt happen is pathetic.
                Riiiiiiight. Yet, if I were to come out and say Miami pays money to recruits too, I'd be wrong wouldn't I?
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I'm not saying Kiffin is a saint or even that Urban is a bad guy. I'm saying I like Kiffin being a bit of a prick.

What relevance does the team you root for have in this? You came in here, called both Meyer and Kiffin scumbags, and then said Tennessee pays for recruits. I didn't call you a homer. I said thats something I see homers do when they have sour grapes, hence it being a lame argument - period. I wasn't describing you as a homer. I was describing your argument as baseless.

Riiiiiiight. Yet, if I were to come out and say Miami pays money to recruits too, I'd be wrong wouldn't I?
                  You dont know me very well.

I say all the time we pay people. Look at the shady relationship we have with Bryce and Arthurs "Advisor". You think we aren't giving him stuff under the table in exchange for Bryce and Arthur?

Miami basically wrote the book on paying for recruits in the 80's.

Difference is I'm not naive to that. You are too blind to see it.

It's not rocket science man. Look at the situation and how everything went down.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post

Plus, everyone knew when Urb took the UF job that he was using it as a stepping stone to ND or the NFL when he got the chance.
                    when the Bama job came open, Bobby Bowden had not became "Bobby Bowden". The point i was trying to make is that even if a job is someone's dream job, doesn't guarantee that they will take it once it becomes open. i'm not even saying that Urban WON'T go to ND because i think he will, it's just not that much of a fore gone conclusion as some people think.

And how the heck is Bobby a good guy?

Comment

Originally posted by murdamal86 View Post
                      when the Bama job came open, Bobby Bowden had not became "Bobby Bowden". The point i was trying to make is that even if a job is someone's dream job, doesn't guarantee that they will take it once it becomes open. i'm not even saying that Urban WON'T go to ND because i think he will, it's just not that much of a fore gone conclusion as some people think.

And how the heck is Bobby a good guy?
                      Bobby is not a bad guy. He has faults for sure but he's not a total POS like Meyer.

And like I said Bobby isn't the Meyer. Meyer is a guy that is never content. He's always looking for the next step. He's a milder Larry Brown.

Bobby was fine staying at FSU.

Comment

You dont know me very well.

I say all the time we pay people. Look at the shady relationship we have with Bryce and Arthurs "Advisor". You think we aren't giving him stuff under the table in exchange for Bryce and Arthur?

Miami basically wrote the book on paying for recruits in the 80's.

Difference is I'm not naive to that. You are too blind to see it.

It's not rocket science man. Look at the situation and how everything went down.
                        Am I naive or are you just cynical? You give no proof whatsoever, just speculation, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume you're not familiar with the recruitment of either Jackson, Richardson, or Teague.

Why didn't other recruits that left Tennessee in favor of other schools stay if Tennessee is paying better than other universities?
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Bobby is not a bad guy. He has faults for sure but he's not a total POS like Meyer.

And like I said Bobby isn't the Meyer. Meyer is a guy that is never content. He's always looking for the next step. He's a milder Larry Brown.

Bobby was fine staying at FSU.
                          and how is Meyer a POS?

Comment

You don't think Meyer could get the Notre Dame job if he wanted it right now? If he called up the AD there before they decided to stick with Weis, they would have bought out that contract in an instant. Urban ain't going anywhere until his youngest graduates. At that point, I think he bolts.

He's never getting an NFL job with his offense, however.

Comment

ND isn't eating Weis contact to get Meyer. Guess you miss those reports on ESPN where ND flat out said we are not gonna eating Weis contract. Hence why he's still around.

Titan, seriously? Your asking me to prove that people were paid? Really? Come on now. Now your just asking questions that you know very well can't be answered. Grasping at straws. Of course I have no proof. But I have common sense and I am not naive to how the world and big business works. College football is one of the biggest businesses youll find. BTW...Tennesse didn't lose anyone that Kiffin didnt ok. Your biggest loss was Boyd and he was let go.

Murda,

Do I really have to explain the reasons Meyer is a POS. Hes a good coach. POS person. You know that.

Comment

ND isn't eating Weis contact to get Meyer. Guess you miss those reports on ESPN where ND flat out said we are not gonna eating Weis contract. Hence why he's still around.
                                Yeah, but it took them a while to do it. I'm saying that if Urb said "I want that job" BEFORE they made the decision to keep Weis, they would have run his fat ass out of there in a second. How do you figure Urban really needs Florida as a stepping stone for ND? He was offered that job the year he took the Florida job. I've told everyone countless times, it's all about his family. He wants talent in his backyard so he doesn't have to fly all over the place on recruiting trips. Once his kids are in college, that won't be a problem. He's just trying to stay around his family as much as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information