Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2011 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSU picks up another huge commitment for 2012 with likely 4-5* DE Dante Fowler.

Comment

• Michigan commitment WR Shawn Conway isn't going to make the grades and has to go to JUCO. Don't you just love Rich Rod's recruiting?

Comment

• Teddy decommits too WOOOOOOO. Sheesh we need a new coach already. I'm sure he'll be back by signing day but man this is annoying.

Also JUCO (formerly UGA) QB Zach Mettenberger to LSU. LSU has been the only real competition for Teddy, so this should help a big with keeping him.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
          Teddy decommits too WOOOOOOO. Sheesh we need a new coach already. I'm sure he'll be back by signing day but man this is annoying.

Also JUCO (formerly UGA) QB Zach Mettenberger to LSU. LSU has been the only real competition for Teddy, so this should help a big with keeping him.
          I think if Bridgewater wants to go to LSU they'd drop Steven Rivers for him.

Comment

• LB Arrington Jenkins Is Ready

Looks like there will soon be another commitment for FSU's Class of 2011.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              Michigan commitment WR Shawn Conway isn't going to make the grades and has to go to JUCO. Don't you just love Rich Rod's recruiting?
              I was looking forward to seeing him next year too. He reminded me of Braylon Edwards. This class is getting worse and worse.
              "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

• Originally posted by Silver & Blue View Post
                I was looking forward to seeing him next year too. He reminded me of Braylon Edwards. This class is getting worse and worse.
                You mean he reminds you of Roy Roundtree.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                  You mean he reminds you of Roy Roundtree.
                  Haha, well the way he jumps up and go gets the ball is what reminded me of Braylon. Besides Roundtree is only 6-0 where Conway is 6-3.
                  "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Haha, well the way he jumps up and go gets the ball is what reminded me of Braylon. Besides Roundtree is only 6-0 where Conway is 6-3.
                    Yes, but Roundtree is the next (better) Braylon. Just ask sniper, he knows what's up.

Comment

It's a dig at the BTN's Chris Martin, who said that Roundtree's measurables (6'0", 175 pounds) reminded him of Braylon Edwards' measurables (6'3", 215 pounds).

Comment

So you're saying Conway dropped the ball in the classroom?

Comment

• Originally posted by HindSight View Post
                          So you're saying Conway dropped the ball in the classroom?
                          I knew someone was going to say something like that when I mentioned Braylon. lol

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

• Yeah, it sucks. I really thought Conway was underrated and was one of the few of Rod's three-stars that I was excited about.

Comment

• That is an inappropriately awful comparison by Martin

Comment

• Top 100 Countdown &amp; top Bama recruits

Here's a slideshow countdown of the top 100 recruits from no. 100 to no. 1:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...00-commitments

Noteworthy are the higher than normal number of Stanford & Clemson recruits, a testament to the respective recruting skills of Jim Harbaugh & Dabo Swinney.

Alabama is allegedly neck in neck with Texas, the Horns have the most recruits from the ESPN top 150. They had a top 5 recruiting class last yr too, & didn't bowl qualify with a 5-7 rcd. this yr, that's got to be on Mack Brown their coaches.

The Crimson Tide cleaned up on in-state talent in the early recruiting seasonas expected (projected eventual starters in bold), with WR Marvin Shinn (6-4, 180)

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-f...3dmarvin-shinn

from the Vigor HS Wolfpack in Prichard, a suburb of Mobile, & another LB Brent Calloway, #12-ranked in the country,

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...Calloway-97611

of Russellville, AL.

Ex-Kent St. CB Saban emphasizes the secondary above all & loves to personally cherrypick DBs -- he got the top-ranked safety per Scout.com in Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix of Orlando in April, beating out FSU. HC-D is expected to play corner at the next level.

As reported earlier LB Trey DePriest of Springfield, OH is a top 10 LB Saban stole from under the Buckeyes' noses.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information