Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2011 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    No, that's every kid.
    hahaha I was just about to respond similar to this.

I don't care that told was wrong on this one, but I really, really hope he isn't wrong on Coe. Coe's had us as one of his top schools forever, while everyone else has constantly changed. He's really the only recruit I care about for the rest of '11.

Comment

• Coe has been a silent Gopher commit for months.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Coe has been a silent Gopher commit for months.
        Nooooo only one person is allowed that type of knowledge about recruits!!!!

I really just want Coe because while he really is good, Illinois fans have gotten their hopes up since he randomly decided to visit them after seeing how beastly Leshoure is.

But Coe is announcing at the AA game, so I get to wait a while.

Oh and I lied, I kinda care about getting Cyrus Kouandjio out of Maryland. It won't happen, and he's prolly gonna go to Alabama or something, but a little piece of me hopes he picks us.

Comment

• Didn't see it mentioned, but 3* CB Bennett Okotcha decommits from Wisconsin and commits to ND.

Seems the kid has no film on him, but is a teammate of recent ND commit Cam McDaniel. At this point, any CB will help, with the depth chart there being so thin.

Comment

• what position would coe play for yall?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
            - Corner or Wideout in the first
            - No reaching
            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• coe, simmons, kirby, taylor, price

feel good about them all

wrong on french, happens

BF still sucks bad

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                French is all kinds of Hawkeye, and has been for months now.
                Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                BearsFan, Coe, and French are silent commitments.
                I lol'd. laaaaaa

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                  wrong on french, happens (all the time)
                  fixed for ya

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

fixed for ya
                    I've come to realize it's not actually his fault. It's not like he's actually making meaningful predictions, he's just taking any name mentioned by an Iowa website article or on an Iowa message board and saying he has a good feeling about them, and for the guys mentioned 5 or more times they are close to committing or are silently committed. He's just using the shotgun method, throwing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                      He's just using the shotgun method, throwing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks.
                      Michigan fans know that as the Rich Rodriguez method of recruiting.

Comment

• Florida commit Nick Waisome will visit FSU officially this weekend.

Comment

• big time visit for fsu
                          french named ia his leader about...ten times over the last few months
                          crap season will do that to recruiting
                          bf still sucks
                          meyer leaving helps us tremendously with delvon simmons

Comment

• He was like 55/45 when he committed to Florida, now I think regardless of hire he is FSU's to lose. This FSU class is going to be epic, like 2006 Florida or 2008 Alabama epic.

Comment

• Originally posted by MassNole View Post
                              He was like 55/45 when he committed to Florida, now I think regardless of hire he is FSU's to lose. This FSU class is going to be epic, like 2006 Florida or 2008 Alabama epic.
                              Are you kidding? Calm down, your class will be good. It probably won't be in the top 20 of the past five years though. Florida is going to make a huge hire and your going to see the same thing that happens to any big school when a new coach comes in. Guys who were never are on Florida's radar are going to commit and guys we thought rock solid will leave. But don't act like suddenly you can get anyone you want because the other big FL schools are down.
                              Last edited by sbh15; 12-10-2010, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                                Are you kidding? Calm down, your class will be good. It probably won't be in the top 20 of the past five years though. Florida is going to make a huge hire and your going to see the same thing that happens to any big school when a new coach comes in. Guys who were never are on Florida's radar are going to commit and guys we thought rock solid will leave. But don't act like suddenly you can get anyone you want because the other big FL schools are down.
                                If it's Petrino your recruiting will suffer. He's a great coach but there will be a drop-off from Meyer to him.

If it's Stoops then recruiting should stay the same but you'll never win another BCS game.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information