Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2011 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
    Are you kidding? Calm down, your class will be good. It probably won't be in the top 20 of the past five years though. Florida is going to make a huge hire and your going to see the same thing that happens to any big school when a new coach comes in. Guys who were never are on Florida's radar are going to commit and guys we thought rock solid will leave. But don't act like suddenly you can get anyone you want because the other big FL schools are down.
    FSU currently sits with the #3/4 class between ESPN/Rivals and are a mere 1 point behind OU on Rivals, so lets say consensus #3 class right now. This is with the following players LIKELY to commit to FSU.....

5* LB Tony Steward
    #1 TE Nick O'Leary
    4* QB Jacoby Brissett (back to FSU in a big way now from what I was told)
    4* WR Kelvin Benjamin
    #1 Juco DE Tank Carradine
    #1 Juco OL Jacob Fahrenkrug

And possibly from 4/5* DT Tim Jernigan, 4* CB Nick Waisome and 3* ATH Pop Saunders.

That would be a total of 14-16 of the ESPNU 150. That is an epic class by any measure. As for Rivals rankings, FSU would have three 5*'s and I believe 8/10 of the top players in Florida.

If it pans out on the field will be another matter.
    Last edited by MassNole; 12-10-2010, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Also isn't Clowney looking a FSU also? I know he probably won't go there but I think he visited or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyz View Post
        Also isn't Clowney looking a FSU also? I know he probably won't go there but I think he visited or something.
        Clowney is visiting but there is only like a .00001% chance if FSU beats the tar out of USC in the Peach Bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by MassNole View Post
          Clowney is visiting but there is only like a .00001% chance if FSU beats the tar out of USC in the Peach Bowl.
          Single-game results don't really affect recruits that much.

Comment

• I know, FSU has no chance at Clowney and it's just a courtesy visit.

Comment

• If you can get a recruit to visit, there is always a chance.

Comment

He was like 55/45 when he committed to Florida, now I think regardless of hire he is FSU's to lose. This FSU class is going to be epic, like 2006 Florida or 2008 Alabama epic.
                If we managed to land Clowney, I'd agree with you. It's a very good class, but not epic.

Comment

• 5* CA WR George Farmer commits to USC.

Comment

• Brendon Bigelow switches to Cal from UW. salty.
                    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• that big kid can run
                      f*** snow

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                        If you can get a recruit to visit, there is always a chance.
                        Not true, some recruits go on visits to recruit for other schools. In 2008 when FSU was recruiting Julio Jones they didn't let one of his teammates join him because he had been recruiting for other schools. Clowney is currently recruiting for SC, fortunately there are no other real overlapping recruits between FSU and SC besides maybe Erinn Joe, but I am 99% sure FSU dropped him from their recruiting list.

Comment

FSU currently sits with the #3/4 class between ESPN/Rivals and are a mere 1 point behind OU on Rivals, so lets say consensus #3 class right now. This is with the following players LIKELY to commit to FSU.....

5* LB Tony Steward
                          #1 TE Nick O'Leary
                          4* QB Jacoby Brissett (back to FSU in a big way now from what I was told)
                          4* WR Kelvin Benjamin
                          #1 Juco DE Tank Carradine
                          #1 Juco OL Jacob Fahrenkrug

And possibly from 4/5* DT Tim Jernigan, 4* CB Nick Waisome and 3* ATH Pop Saunders.

That would be a total of 14-16 of the ESPNU 150. That is an epic class by any measure. As for Rivals rankings, FSU would have three 5*'s and I believe 8/10 of the top players in Florida.

If it pans out on the field will be another matter.
                          taking official visit to auburn this weekend.

also auburn got a commitment from greg robinson, tackle from louisiana. HUGE steal from lsu again. first trovon reed now him.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• TJ Thorpe signs with the heels.. most likely a slot guy/return man unless he converts to CB
                            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                            Coples is that dude.
                            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• does florida keep most of its recuits with will muschamp? hmmm....... interesting. i wonder if FLA keeps the spread on offense

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• http://cincinnati.247sports.com/Arti...-Football-8127

2010 Ohio Mr.Football running back Akise Teague commits to Cincinnati over Wisconsin. A bit surprising that he picked Cincy over Big Ten offers, but apparently he wants to stay close to home. This guy was one Buckeye fans were dying to see us offer after his amazing senior year. If you have a chance look at Teague's video, his moves are sick. 48 TDs this season and a state title game that he won behind his 5 touchdowns.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information