Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2011 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I haven't been following recruiting as much lately... Does Washington have a chance at some "big name" recruits this year?

    Originally posted by Tebowfan85
    too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

    Comment


    • Originally posted by OneToughGame View Post
      I haven't been following recruiting as much lately... Does Washington have a chance at some "big name" recruits this year?
      Kasen Williams is one of the top WRs (and is from Washington)

      Probably have a bit of a shot at DeAnthony Thomas but are going up against USC, UCLA, and Cal

      Comment


      • Yeah, I think WR Jaxon Shipley is going to be a REALLY good WR at Texas. He may not be quite the burner that Jordan is, but Jaxon is taller than Jordan and a very talented WR.

        Comment


        • RB Brandon Williams (Brookshire Royal) gave a verbal to Baylor... HUGE pickup for them.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by OneToughGame View Post
            I haven't been following recruiting as much lately... Does Washington have a chance at some "big name" recruits this year?
            When they sign 32 or 33 again this year I'm sure they will have a few good ones.

            Comment


            • What does everyone think James Wilder Jr. will end up playing at the next level?

              I mean he probably has the athleticism to play DE in college but he would definitely be a stud OLB too.

              BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                What does everyone think James Wilder Jr. will end up playing at the next level?

                I mean he probably has the athleticism to play DE in college but he would definitely be a stud OLB too.
                He'll play Tim Tebow on defense. Assuming he's a Gator. ;)

                Comment


                • Texas 2nd Junior Day Invite List on Feb. 27 (guys in bold are the players I think receive an offer)

                  Herschel Sims - Abilene - RB
                  Bradley Marquez - Odessa - RB
                  Hakeem Flowers - Greensville (S.C.) Wade Hampton - WR
                  Marquis Jackson - Fort Worth Arlington Heights - WR
                  Garrett Greenlea - Klein Collins - OL
                  Quincy Russell - San Antonio Sam Houston - DT
                  James Castleman - Amarillo - DT
                  Devon Hocutt - Killeen Ellison - LB
                  Trevon Randle - Clear Springs - LB
                  Kendall Thompson - Carthage - LB
                  Eric Agbaroji - Midlothian - CB
                  Charles Jackson - Klein Collins - CB
                  Franklin Shannon - Dallas Skyline - S
                  Nick Shepard - Cy Ridge - DB
                  Quandre Diggs - Angleton - ATH
                  Ladarius Brown - Waxahachie - ATH

                  Desmond Roland - Dallas Lake Highlands - ATH

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
                    Bradley Marquez - Odessa - RB
                    Odessa HS or Permian HS ;)


                    Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                    - Corner or Wideout in the first
                    - No reaching
                    - No Kelvin Benjamin

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by wicket View Post
                      Odessa HS or Permian HS ;)
                      Odessa HS, not Permian. I've heard that he is a pretty talented baseball player as well.

                      Comment


                      • I'd really like for Texas to land WR Hakeem Flowers and WR Marquis Jackson and turn both of them into DB's.


                        I've heard that CB Charles Jackson is a REALLY talented CB. I hope Texas offers him, but who knows....

                        I really hope Texas lands Diggs as well. Love to land Q-Jammer's little Bro. Diggs is legit though as a prospect. I mean he can really play.

                        I like Plano East DB Lyndell Johnson as well. I'm not sure if he is coming to the Jr. day though.


                        I'm not saying will offer all of those guys, just my thoughts on them.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
                          I'd really like for Texas to land WR Hakeem Flowers and WR Marquis Jackson and turn both of them into DB's.

                          I've heard that CB Charles Jackson is a REALLY talented CB. I hope Texas offers him, but who knows....

                          I really hope Texas lands Diggs as well. Love to land Q-Jammer's little Bro. Diggs is legit though as a prospect. I mean he can really play.

                          I like Plano East DB Lyndell Johnson as well. I'm not sure if he is coming to the Jr. day though.

                          I'm not saying will offer all of those guys, just my thoughts on them.
                          Since we took 4/5 WRs in 2010, I really wouldn't mind only taking 2 this year. We really need some DBs and OL though, especially OL. I know we offered Flowers, Westerman, and Greenlea will probably get an offer as well. I think we aboslutely need 2 of the 3, I'm not excited about our current OL commits. Diggs is a lock IMO.

                          Comment


                          • I cant see Texas offering any other WR's in this class... As far as DB's go, I think there are 2 spots left... I think Diggs gets one of them... Safety Avery Walls from Georgia is visiting Austin tomorrow

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
                              I cant see Texas offering any other WR's in this class... As far as DB's go, I think there are 2 spots left... I think Diggs gets one of them... Safety Avery Walls from Georgia is visiting Austin tomorrow
                              WOW!!! I've watched a highlight video on Walls and he hits like a TRUCK!! I hope Mack rolls out the red carpet for him.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
                                WOW!!! I've watched a highlight video on Walls and he hits like a TRUCK!! I hope Mack rolls out the red carpet for him.
                                would love to land this guy and Diggs to go along with Sheroid Evans, Leroy Scott and Mykkele Thompson

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information