Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2011 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not gonna make a new thread just to show this, but I thought it was worth sharing. Old news coverage of Herschel Walker recruitment.

Comment

• Brian Bobek is gonna commit to Ohio State sometime in the not so distant future....but don't tell Told.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        Brian Bobek is gonna commit to Ohio State sometime in the not so distant future....but don't tell Told.
        no offense but Im suprised he even got an offer from you guys

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• we need OLinemen and they told him he was too good to not offer. I'll take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
            we need OLinemen and they told him he was too good to not offer. I'll take it.
            Ever since John Clay and Seatreal committed to Iowa and AJ Derby got his fifth star and was named a top 50 player, I believe everything that he says
            Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
              I'm not gonna make a new thread just to show this, but I thought it was worth sharing. Old news coverage of Herschel Walker recruitment.
              LOL 9.5 100 meter time. Fast as Bolt in High School, amazing.

Comment

• Oh how my cuzzo was a specimen lol. Neat fact for you here Halsey. My mom said when Bama came to their high school to recruit Herschel, he got to go to Bama and go up in their famous tower with Bear Bryant. But, I'm pretty sure he already knew where he was gonna go; or atleast my family & all of Wrightsville knew where he was going. And lol at my mom saying he came along way from that slurry speech back then.
                Last edited by JRTPlaya21; 02-17-2010, 06:22 PM.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                  Oh how my cuzzo was a specimen lol. Neat fact for you here Halsey. My mom said when Bama came to their high school to recruit Herschel, he got to go to Bama and go up in their famous tower with Bear Bryant. But, I'm pretty sure he already knew where he was gonna go; or atleast my family & all of Wrightsville knew where he was going. And lol at my mom saying he came along way from that slurry speech back then.
                  Your cousin is Herschel Walker?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• I know it's not 100% legitimate, but there's a poster on Iowa's rivals that is saying he is Bobek's dad. He said that his son isn't committing anytime soon.

This is what he said
                    Yes, I'm dad. I played for three years at Iowa after juco. Came to Iowa as a walk-on under Cummings and Coach Fry gave me a scholarship. For whatever reason, Iowa has never contacted Brian and I didn't want to push him on them. I will be sending his film to Iowa today. We have the greatest love for the University of Iowa and respect for Coach Ferentz. Ohio State, though, has been recruiting Brian for a while and has demonstrated their belief in him as a player and person. Brian will not make a hasty decision as he will consider other schools that have been recruiting him and Iowa. I believe he is one of the best centers in the country, but now I can say that and people may agree. Probably wont post anymore. I love all Hawk fans. Well, most.
                    Take it for what it's worth, but the guy's name is jlbobek. It appears that both his mom and dad are Iowa alums and really want him to go to Iowa, but Iowa hasn't talked to him or offered yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      Ridiculous. Mack Brown has the easiest job in the country.

"Hey kid, I'm offer..."

"I ACCEPT!"

Repeat 20-25 times.

Originally posted by mat33 View Post
                      I hate Texas, they don't even have to recruit and finish with a top-5 class every year.

LOL. It reminds me of playing NCAA and recruiting with Texas, seems like a video game sometimes. That said though, until recently OU has kicked our ass in recruiting, not that they have just hauled in classes that stomped ours, but the elite guys they have notoriously gotten in the past 5 or so years, lately that has started to lean in our favor.

We have always been able to pull in solid classes, but OU has always found a way to come into Texas and steal the elite athletes away from us, I'm wondering how much Muschamp is involved with the recruiting process the past 2 years though and if that has anything to do with it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        Ok, but that doesn't answer why you think it should be illegal. I'm personally against a lot of things, that doesn't mean I think they should be illegal.
                        Illegal or against the rules? Are those 2 the same things? I think it should be illegal to be talking to kids who are 13 and verbally offering them, I don't think you should at least be able to discuss those things until HS. I mean, what happens when coaches start verbally offering guys when their 12 or 13 and by the time their 17 not interested anymore after the kid had spurned other schools under the impression he'd play there?

Plus if you can do that at 13, why stop there, why not start at age 10 to get the early jump when someone like Peyton Manning's son comes along. I don't even think coaches know what they want, or what their getting when a kid is that young, so I'd put a stop to it but I don't think it's hardly one of the worst things in CFB. I do think that there are things that are illegal that aren't even as big of a deal to me like you can't talk or meet with an agent until you officially declare for the draft.

I guess if you see this happening at the age of 13, when is too soon? We'll see someone get verbally offered before the age of 13 pretty soon no doubt about it, and with all the nit picky rules they have I don't see why you should be allowed to talk to kids who are barely teenagers.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          Your cousin is Herschel Walker?
                          Yessir. Only my 3rd cousin though, but my mom grew up and was raised with him with all of their siblings and other cousins.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                            Oh how my cuzzo was a specimen lol. Neat fact for you here Halsey. My mom said when Bama came to their high school to recruit Herschel, he got to go to Bama and go up in their famous tower with Bear Bryant. But, I'm pretty sure he already knew where he was gonna go; or atleast my family & all of Wrightsville knew where he was going. And lol at my mom saying he came along way from that slurry speech back then.
                            translated: I just wanted to make sure you all know I'm related to Herschel Walker. :p

Comment

• Originally posted by HindSight View Post
                              translated: I just wanted to make sure you all know I'm related to Herschel Walker. :p
                              I'm glad you translated that because I legitimately had no idea what he was talking about.

Comment

• hahahahah. my bad guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information