Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2011 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear 'Bama and Florida,

Please stay away from Savon Huggins.

Thanks,

HinesWardJr

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
      Dear 'Bama and Florida,

Please stay away from Savon Huggins.

Thanks,

HinesWardJr
      Haven't even heard mention of him from my sources...

Although, the NJ area has been very Gator friendly of late.

Comment

Apparently we need a 2015 recruiting thread due to Lane Kiffen lol:

LOS ANGELES (AP)—Southern California coach Lane Kiffin is apparently trying to get the inside track on recruiting a 13-year-old quarterback from Delaware.

The father of David Sills says Lane talked to the seventh-grader by phone Thursday and that the coach told the boy he’d like to have him come to USC. The boy’s answer, according to his father, was: “Absolutely.”

The Delaware News Journal first reported the story.

The father, David Sills IV, told The Associated Press on Friday that he also spoke to Kiffin and was shocked to have his son receive the nonbinding offer. The elder Sills says he is comfortable with his son’s early commitment.

NCAA rules prohibit coaches and school officials from speaking publicly about unsigned prospects.
        http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...v=ap&type=lgns

I'll never understand how this is legal, or why it makes sense.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          Must be nice to not have to break a sweat over recruiting.
          Yeah, Mack was saying that he only took 1 flight for recruiting purposes last year.

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
            Haven't even heard mention of him from my sources...

Although, the NJ area has been very Gator friendly of late.
            He texted our inside guy and said that both schools offered him.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38450

:D
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Damn you!!! Lol ha, didn't even see that, of course I didn't know where to look either lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Verbal offers aren't the same as written offers. This isn't as big of a deal as ESPN is making it out to be. He can't get a written offer until his junior season.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                    Verbal offers aren't the same as written offers. This isn't as big of a deal as ESPN is making it out to be. He can't get a written offer until his junior season.
                    Not a big deal at all, but its basically Kiffin throwing Clarkson a bone in terms of publicity, even though he doesn't really need it. Clarkson is supposedly starting a new QB program, so this is nothing but good publicity for him.

It basically solidifies their relationship which Kiffin hopes will lead Clarkson to start pushing his students (supposedly the best QB prospects to SC)

Not a bad idea, even though its kind of ridiculous. Also, remember that Kiffin had offered Eric Berry's brother when he was at TN....

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                      I actually hadn't even heard anything about it on ESPN, I just came across it on rivals looking for other recruiting info that didn't take a subcription to read. I get that verbal offers aren't the same as written, but I still think it's a bit much for 13 year olders to be getting verbal offers. I don't think they should have any type of scholarship talk at all until at least high school verbal or written.

Comment

Originally posted by benchod View Post
                        Not a bad idea, even though its kind of ridiculous. Also, remember that Kiffin had offered Eric Berry's brother when he was at TN....
                        Yup, but at least Berry is a UT legend and was an active player at the time.

Not that that really makes a difference, but it helps me cope with TN offering two middle schoolers. :D

sbh, any of your sources or guys ya read from have UT in good with any DT's? That's gonna be a HUGE need for them next year.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Actually Lane Kiffin did not offer the Berry twins. One of them just said he was going to Tennessee in an interview and the media blew it out of proportion like it was Kiffin's fault, just like they're doing now.
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

kiffie be kad good at gtetting dem players. i think usc i sgonann be good next esweason. he got him dad qand matty b running da show and its gosadnnaa be liek dayyummmm son.
                            Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

Originally posted by CLong4Heisman View Post
                              kiffie be kad good at gtetting dem players. i think usc i sgonann be good next esweason. he got him dad qand matty b running da show and its gosadnnaa be liek dayyummmm son.
                              Blame it on the liquor. It works every time. Patron you my *****.

Michigan offered Glenville QB Cardale Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by HindSight View Post
                                Yeah....he's really seething over TGinn Jr not getting an offer from Michigan. He totally would've gone there.
                                Right. Jr. didn't cry like a ***** after not getting an offer as a DB at camp or anything. Oh ****, he did. Jr. didn't idolize Charles Woodson or anything. Oh ****, he did.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information