Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2011 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
    Yeah, Mack was saying that he only took 1 flight for recruiting purposes last year.
    thats because he closed all 25 guys that officially took visits :D

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      Apparently we need a 2015 recruiting thread due to Lane Kiffen lol:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...v=ap&type=lgns

I'll never understand how this is legal, or why it makes sense.
      Why would it be illegal?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
        Dear 'Bama and Florida,

Please stay away from Savon Huggins.

Thanks,

HinesWardJr
        want him @ ND bad

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
          want him @ ND bad
          Well I want him at PSU bad.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
            Well I want him at PSU bad.
            and tbh I think the chance of you getting it your way is bigger than me getting it my way

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
            - Corner or Wideout in the first
            - No reaching
            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I hope so. I know he likes PSU and Rutgers early, but with the big boys coming in and offering, it might change.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Why would it be illegal?
                I personally don't think you should be able to offer verbal commits to 13 year olders, or even have any sort of conversation regarding scholarships until HS. It's not the worst thing in the world, I just disagree with it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I personally don't think you should be able to offer verbal commits to 13 year olders, or even have any sort of conversation regarding scholarships until HS. It's not the worst thing in the world, I just disagree with it.
                  The law basically has it to where coaches have to follow recruiting rules once a prospective athlete enters high school.

So, if you offer now, you can have unlimited contact and aren't bound by any NCAA rules and regulations. So along those lines, why not catch them early when you can try to get them to recruit for you too. With the prevalence of football camps and events like these where everyone who is someone meets up, you're just getting a jump on recruiting....

It's what NCAA basketball has basically become. It's standard to offer and follow junior high students, so it unfortunately only became natural to do the same for football, even though it is a little ridiculous because the translation of the two sports is not the same.

Comment

Ok, but that doesn't answer why you think it should be illegal. I'm personally against a lot of things, that doesn't mean I think they should be illegal.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Braxton Miller is a freak. That kid throws absolute darts, might have the strongest arm in the class.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        Ok, but that doesn't answer why you think it should be illegal. I'm personally against a lot of things, that doesn't mean I think they should be illegal.
                        Ya'll talking about illegal illegal or illegal against the NCAA rules illegal?
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by CLong4Heisman View Post
                          kiffie be kad good at gtetting dem players. i think usc i sgonann be good next esweason. he got him dad qand matty b running da show and its gosadnnaa be liek dayyummmm son.
                          Wow. I have nothing to say.
                          Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

• Quote:
                            Originally Posted by CLong4Heisman
                            kiffie be kad good at gtetting dem players. i think usc i sgonann be good next esweason. he got him dad qand matty b running da show and its gosadnnaa be liek dayyummmm son.

I don't even know if this is English

Comment

• auburn just got a huge get from OL Spencer Region from Al. was supposed to be a bama lean but they pressured him too hard and switched to auburn on his decision.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by osirus96 View Post
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by CLong4Heisman

I don't even know if this is English
                                markeith ambles is jealous of my spelling
                                Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information