Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2011 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like Tom Lemming might know something about Aaron Lynch that others don't: http://blogs.suntimes.com/secondseas...blue-chip.html

If he's right, this will be a great weekend for ND.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
      I heard Sturdivant does not have a commitable offer. Is it because of grades? Also, I have read that CC is a Penn State lean. Price is very solid, but like 5'10-5'11.
      sturdivant has a verbal offer that will get real once he gets on the right track in the classroom. No one is expecting Crowell to OSU, and I haven't really heard much on his intentions. I expect PSU for him. Price's one knock seems to be size, but he's not tiny either since he is probably 230 or more, and he's a good fit in our system.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayP View Post
        Seems like Tom Lemming might know something about Aaron Lynch that others don't: http://blogs.suntimes.com/secondseas...blue-chip.html

If he's right, this will be a great weekend for ND.
        why hasn't he committed by now, seems like he's been a domer lock for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
          why hasn't he committed by now, seems like he's been a domer lock for a long time.
          Because he's a solid silent commit to Iowa, obviously. Why wouldn't he go to Iowa?

...Told hasn't posted lately, thought I'd liven things up a little around here. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
            Word was Lynch had a certain coach in his home state in his ear telling him how academically difficult ND was and that Aaron couldn't cut it there. Personally, I would have considered that an insult to my intelligence, but Lynch allegedly took it to heart and backed off ND a bit. One of ND's coaches reassured him that he would get tutors and help during study sessions (Kelly mandates these it seems), and Lynch now feels better about the situation.

The only hangup was that his mom hadn't seen South Bend and the campus. If one of the ND sites is to be believed (supposedly she was posting on Irish Envy), she wants out of Florida in the worst way and is going to move to South Bend if Aaron picks ND. They're in town right now on an unofficial, so personally, I think it's finally going to be a done deal.

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
            Because he's a solid silent commit to Iowa, obviously. Why wouldn't he go to Iowa?

...Told hasn't posted lately, thought I'd liven things up a little around here. :)
            LMAO. Well played Sir.....well played.

Comment

• Turning out to be a really good weekend for ND. Just landed DE Anthony Rabasa. http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssports/

Comment

• Tennessee has gotten a few new commits in the past few days....

- Mack Crowder, C, Tennessee
                - Brendan Downs, TE, Tennessee
                - Justin Coleman, CB, Georgia

Look for safety Pat Martin and offensive tackle Kyler Kerbyson to commit to the Vols soon as well.
                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Notre Dame with a huge day, receiving commits from:
                  Justice Hayes, RB, Michigan
                  Anthony Rabasa, DE/OLB, Florida
                  Jalen Brown, CB, Texas

With Aaron Lynch, DE, Florida, likely commiting tomorrow morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by mat33 View Post
                    Notre Dame with a huge day, receiving commits from:
                    Justice Hayes, RB, Michigan
                    Anthony Rabasa, DE/OLB, Florida
                    Jalen Brown, CB, Texas

With Aaron Lynch, DE, Florida, likely commiting tomorrow morning.
                    I just read about Brown. Damn what a day!

Comment

• and lynch did indeed commit, I FEEL HAPPY!!!

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Never once predicted Lynch.
                        Great day and a half for ND.
                        Feel solid about French, Gordon, Price, Davis.

Comment

• jon rose #3 corner on rivals commited to auburn tonight.
                          R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

• Originally posted by crites09 View Post
                            jon rose #3 corner on rivals commited to auburn tonight.
                            Also picked up CJ Uzomah.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                            12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• I read that Jadeveon Clowney put on his Facebook that he is going to Alabama. I know it is not a great source but it is something.

Comment

• I know nothing about recruiting, but I just had a quick question. I was looking at who could be the next huge offensive lineman (Bryant McKinnie, Max Starks, Phil Loadholt kinda size) and saw that elite recruits D.J. Fluker and Seantrel Henderson are both 6'8 and around 330 lbs. (give or take).

Who do you guys like more? Or who do you think can become a better tackle? From what I gather, both are absolute monsters and are great athletes, and since I don't really know much about them, I came to ask for help from the local experts.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information