Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Terrelle Pryor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrelle Pryor

Is anyone as scared of this guy as I am? 6'6, can run like hell, and can throw.

Sounds like Vince Young 2.0 to me. If he becomes a decent passer, you gotta believe the team that has him will be seriously competing for a MNC as long as they surround him with proper talent.

He's certainly not going to USC. If he goes to OSU, I'll be very afraid in the near future. Here's hoping he goes to say, Pitt or PSU.

On a similar note, Florida QB Cameron Newton is built in the same mold. I guess for these guys it will be a question of whether they can be decent passers in addition to being athletes.

Can anyone comment on the passing abilities of these two, and their potential to become stars/play at the next leve?

so if he throws like vince young , he throws like the uncle on NAPOLEAN DYNAMITE?

Comment

im looking at him and it seems hes also a top recruit for basketball and im not sure which route he'll take because it seems like alot are picking basketball these days... Byron Eaton- no doubt better at football cause he sucks at basketball, Greg paulus, Matt Trannon, etc.

Comment

Basketball would be smart in terms of an injury risk point of view. But it seems that he has more upside in Football, being 6'6 QB that can run.

6'6 guards in the NBA are easy to find. Vince Young clones in the NFL aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Jericho@SC View Post
          Basketball would be smart in terms of an injury risk point of view. But it seems that he has more upside in Football, being 6'6 QB that can run.

I'm a PSU fan (obviously) and from PA so I know a lot about him. He was leaning towards basketball early, but now realizes his future is in football for the reason you stated. He's going to try and play both in college. PSU, OSU and and Pitt are the three huge favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Jericho@SC View Post

True, but there's only about 12 or 15 men or something like that on an NBA roster and the players get paid a lot more compared to the 53 men NFL rosters who all get paid less because of the amount of NFL players compared to NBA players.

Comment

His arm needs to develop more before the VY comparisons start beyond their similar physical attributes, I am not that impressed with his ability to pass as of yet.

Comment

Well he is still a junior in high school, so he's what? 16 or 17? Give him time, he'll get there if he goes to college as a QB

Comment

Ya thats exactly what im saying, the only reason he is getting VY comparisons is because he runs and is about the same size.

Comment

I play football for a school in Pryor's conference, and have had the pleasure of playing against him. He is a very special player and was not like anyone i'd ever played against before. I also had the pleasure of knocking him on his butt when i pulled around the end playing guard. It would be cool one day to say i knocked a star NFL quarterback on his butt. HAHA

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                      Ya thats exactly what im saying, the only reason he is getting VY comparisons is because he runs and is about the same size.
                      You know they will also look at the color of his skin, that's just the way people are.

Comment

I don't think it's just measurables however.

He is at about the same point quarterback wise as Vince was at this point. Furthermore, his mechanics are a bit 3/4 armed like he was in addition to the identical measurables, running style, and physicality. Although I wouldn't say his mechanics are as sidearmed as vince was..
                        Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

I think the VY comparisons are extremely legit no matter what color he is.

Comment

He is a lot of peoples #1 overall recruit in Football, and is a pretty good recruit so far for basketball(#23 on Rivals.com). So either way, the kid has a future. IMO, his future is better in basketball because so many kids are leaving early after there freshman years, so he has a chance to step up early unlike in football.

Comment

Ahh yes, he's one of my good friends of mine in high school. He played basketball and football too. He's a great player. I'm telling you, this kid is a freaking stud.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information