Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Recruiting Busts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see. How about Willie Williams, Rhett Bomar, Callahan Bright, Melvin Alaeze & Lance Leggett to name a few.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

It feels like 90% players UGA have brought in the past few years have not played up to their recruiting hype.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
        This list is so lengthy, FSU has had a number of high recruits who never make it on campus and then flunk out of JC. But some guys who actually made it...

Lorenzo Booker was the number 1 recruit when he came out, he was suppose to be Reggie Bush before Reggie Bush. He ended up just being average and I always felt like he should have been moved to WR. He would fall down if you breathed on him.

Xavier Lee was too dumb and lazy to do anything at FSU besides party. He had a couple moments where he looked like the truth (come back against Alabama), but his work ethic was sooo poor and his 4th year in the program he still didn't know the playbook.

Fred Rouse was suppose to be the next Randy Moss, and looked promising early. But alas he had a terrible head on his shoulders, was kicked out of FSU, went to UTEP. Sucks, was arrested after he left and then tried to trash the program for "steering football players toward easier majors." Ass clown.
        I can't believe Lee was there for 4 years, & could not grasp the knowledge of knowing the playbook. What a waste of TALENT.

I remember when Rouse was on OTL snitching on everyone in the FSU program. He even told how Cromartie had a lack of reading skills, & did not do anything in class but lay his head down on the desk.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
        The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
        Newton
        South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
        Barely literate +5 swagger
        Thief +15 swagger
        Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
        Big, average speed -3 swagger
        Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
        Total Swagger: 62
        ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

From UVA Michael Johnson. Running back with reported 4.2 speed. Had offer from Miami, Alabama, just about everything. Never did anything other than a few returns.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Soooo many Vols players.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

It's understandble for high end programs to have a high bust rates because every recruting class they have is filled with 3+ star recruits and high competition but someone like Darrell Scott is a true bust because he was an elite prospect going to a smaller program.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Logan Heastie

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                  Logan Heastie
                  Where is Logan now, he's from my hometown?

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                  The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                  Newton
                  South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                  Barely literate +5 swagger
                  Thief +15 swagger
                  Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                  Big, average speed -3 swagger
                  Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                  Total Swagger: 62
                  ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

My name is shylo3716 and the bold button is my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by MiWolves View Post
                      My name is shylo3716 and the bold button is my friend.
                      LOLZ OMG HE SHOOD CAPS EVERYTHING TOO!!! XTRA IMPORTANTZ!!!

Comment

Robert Rose in addition to who keylime said.

Duron Carter isn't looking too great right now either.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
                          Where is Logan now, he's from my hometown?
                          Logan is at ODU now.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
                            Robert Rose in addition to who keylime said.

Duron Carter isn't looking too great right now either.
                            Duron is not even enrolled at OSU so give him another year to see what he does when he comes back.

Comment

Anyone got any info on these guys?

Melvin Alaeze
                              Jason Gwaltney
                              Antwine Perez
                              Torrey Davis
                              RJ Washington
                              Jeff Schweiger Jr
                              Cameron Colvin
                              Jarred Fayson
                              Antwain Easterling (guy was a beast in HS)
                              Alex Boone
                              Whitney Lewis
                              Nikita Stover (I know he had injuries at Bama)
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Carter is supposed to come back to Ohio State this winter, so I won't write him off yet.

Robert Rose was a big bust, but he was a decent rotational DL last year and actually is on the Dolphins' 53 man active roster right now, so he made an NFL team as a rookie. Could do worse eh?

Alex Boone wasnt a bust really, he started for 3 years and was all big ten...but he wasn't the next all american buckeye left tackle like he was touted to be either. Currently a 49er in the NFL I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information