Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Recruiting Busts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MiWolves View Post
    My name is shylo3716 and the bold button is my friend.
    Yea it is lolz

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
    The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
    Newton
    South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
    Barely literate +5 swagger
    Thief +15 swagger
    Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
    Big, average speed -3 swagger
    Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
    Total Swagger: 62
    ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
      Anyone got any info on these guys?

Melvin Alaeze
      Jason Gwaltney
      Antwine Perez
      Torrey Davis
      RJ Washington
      Jeff Schweiger Jr
      Cameron Colvin
      Jarred Fayson
      Antwain Easterling (guy was a beast in HS)
      Alex Boone
      Whitney Lewis
      Nikita Stover (I know he had injuries at Bama)
      Antwine Perez was at Maryland last time I checked & Cameron Colvin is on a milk carton

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
      The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
      Newton
      South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
      Barely literate +5 swagger
      Thief +15 swagger
      Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
      Big, average speed -3 swagger
      Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
      Total Swagger: 62
      ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

Torrey Davis had a tryout with the Bucs. But as of now he isn't with anyone. Fayson is still with the Illini but isn't anything real special.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
        2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
        2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

For PSU:

Chris Bell- Showed promise his frosh year. Had the size, speed, and playmaking ability to be one of PSU's best WRs. He pulled a knife out on a teamate and got kicked off the team.

Chris Baker- Got in a lot of trouble at PSU, kicked off the team, and then transfered to Hampton where he went undrafted.

Phil Taylor- Such a big boy with great talent, but like Baker, got in a lot of trouble and got kicked off the team. Currently at Baylor.

Derrick Williams- Number 1 recruit in 2005. Never really did much at PSU.

Anthony Morelli- This kid had great arm strength, just sucked as a QB.

AJ Wallace- He was electric his frosh year. I personally thought he'd be a better player on the offensive side of the ball. Moved to corner and sucked. I don't even think he got picked up as an UDFA.

Maurice Evans- Had a great frosh year, got hurt I believe his sophomore year, then got in trouble his Jr year and left early. Bouncing around on team's practice squads now.

Andrew Quarless- This was iffy. He got in trouble a lot his early stages of his career, but really came on his Sr season and stayed out of trouble. I think he'll do well in Green Bay.

Antonio Logan-El- This dude was just straight up fat and lazy. I think he quit the team and tried to transfer and ended up quitting football all together IIRC.

Josh Marks- Dude was praised for his work ethic and physical style of football. The offensive lineman was none of that in college. Transfered to Pitt after he quit PSU and ended up quitting Pitt as well.

Comment

For Pitt:

Elijah Fields- Had ENORMOUS potential. Flashed a lot of it last season, but he had a two cent head coming from a bad part of Pittsburgh. The hood never seemed to leave him. Got kicked off the team this summer, tried to transfer to Cal U and didn't even get accepted. Such a disapointment.

Dorin Dickerson- 5 star prospect coming out of HS. Was big, strong, and fast. Moved around a lot in college and never made an impact at Pitt untill his Sr season.

Chris Jacobson- I'll give him time because I think this is his first season as a starter, but the former 5 star prospect has not lived up to the hype that he got. Was suppose to be a mauler and never has played like that.

Pat Bostick- Couldn't even beat out Bill Stull or Tino Sunseri. Enough said.

Cameron Saddler- Was suppose to bring a big boost to the return game and be a spark plug on offense. So far he looks very timid on returns and hasn't really done much on offense.

Shayne Hale- Was one of the bigger commits Pitt got in '08. So far, he's fallen fast on the depth chart and may need to change positions, but I don't think it'll help him.

Comment

Vols

Chris Donald
              Kenny O'Neal
              Darren Myles
              Brandon Warren
              Jonathon Crompton (even though he did have a bounce back SR yr)

I'm sure I'm missing a lot

Comment

Darrel Scott comes to mind for me. Alex Daniels was supposed to be a stud for the Gophs but he ended up transferring.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

How about Whitney Lewis at SC?

Vidal Hazelton....CJ Gable,

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                    Anyone got any info on these guys?

Melvin Alaeze
                    Jason Gwaltney
                    Antwine Perez
                    Torrey Davis
                    RJ Washington
                    Jeff Schweiger Jr
                    Cameron Colvin
                    Jarred Fayson
                    Antwain Easterling (guy was a beast in HS)
                    Alex Boone
                    Whitney Lewis
                    Nikita Stover (I know he had injuries at Bama)
                    Melvin Alaeze was charged with attempted murder, obviously he never made it to any school. I'm not sure what the outcome of his trial was or if its even happened.

Jason Gwaltney was undone first by injuries then by grades. He got injured early in his frosh season and then a little 3 star back in his same class named Steve Slaton stepped in and never looked back.

Antwine Perez still plays for Maryland, heard his name during the WVU/Maryland game.

Cameron Colvin was signed by the 49ers as a UDFA, must have got cut never heard anything about him.

Alex Boone was signed by the 49ers as a UDFA as well. He is still a backup offensive tackle on the 49ers roster. He had serious alcohol problems but I think he's overcame them. A lot of 49er fans have high hopes for him but I can't recall him playing anything besides preseason.

Comment

Lorenzo Edwards former 5 star and #1 ranked WLB coming out of HS
                      Kyle Jackson former 5 star safety
                      John Brown former 5 star DT
                      Will Hill former 5 star safety
                      Torrey Davis former 5 star DT
                      Gary Brown former 5 star DT
                      Emmanuel Moody former 5 star RB
                      James Wilson former 5 star OG
                      Deonte Thompson former 5 star WR
                      Chris "Time to die" Rainey former 5 star RB

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                        Logan Heastie
                        I'll take you one further: Jason Gwaltney.

Honorable mention: Terence Kerns, Tevita Finau.

Comment

For Notre Dame:
                          Deion Walker
                          Brandon Newman
                          Duval Kamara
                          Matt Romine
                          James Aldridge
                          Sam Young (to a certain extend)
                          Demetrius Jones
                          Matt Carufel
                          Richard Johnson

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                          - Corner or Wideout in the first
                          - No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
                            Lorenzo Edwards former 5 star and #1 ranked WLB coming out of HS
                            Kyle Jackson former 5 star safety
                            John Brown former 5 star DT
                            Will Hill former 5 star safety
                            Torrey Davis former 5 star DT
                            Gary Brown former 5 star DT
                            Emmanuel Moody former 5 star RB
                            James Wilson former 5 star OG
                            Deonte Thompson former 5 star WR
                            Chris "Time to die" Rainey former 5 star RB
                            I loved Emmanuel Moody at SC. He had power and the shiftyness always good for one long run each game.

The problem is Meyer. He either doesn't like Moody, thinks he has better options, or is using him wrong.

Also, you might be able to add Chris Galippo -- LB -- USC to that list soon. He was the top ranked (or one of the top ranked) linebackers in his class (#7 in rivals I believe) and he lost his starting job.

Comment

At Florida State since 2002 I would say the 5 biggest busts are:

1) Xavier Lee - Not even close. He had the talent but the brain and work ethic of a drunken legacy at Harvard.

2) Fred Rouse - ESPN said he was a 3rd Round pick after his junior year of HS. Hype and lots of weed went into his head and that was that.

3) Daron Rose - He was a Rivals 100 OL (I believe highest 4*) who flunked out of school with the academic scandal. He was supposed to have been the anchor of the OL with Rodney Hudson.

4) Anthony Leon - Sean Taylor's cousin, highly rated S out of HS who shot up the rankings his senior year from a 2* to near the Rivals 100. Even when the team was decimated with suspensions he was benched for walkons. I think he ended up at Arkansas, no idea how he's been there.

5) Preston Parker - Solid recruit who didn't have the grades for Miami. He had a promising sophomore year in a Percy Harvin role then an injury plagued junior year followed by getting thrown out of school.

I give passes to victims of circumstance like Leon Washington and Lorenzo Booker, who just didn't have the coaching needed to succeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information