Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2012 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vonte Jackson commits to Wisconsin. Not a huge surprise--they almost never lose homegrown kids--but he had visited a few places. Nice start so far for Bucky.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• I wonder what Missouri's chances are of getting Dorial Green-Beckham. Even with the Success the programs had over the last few years, I give it a 6% chance.

Comment

• DE/DT Quinteze Williams commits to UF. That makes 8, I believe. Muschamp is sure filling this class up fast.

Comment

• Scout 300

TheRinger 300

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

• wtf? every year i look for kids near me who are on a recruiting list....and i expect to have to either scroll for a while or realize PA HS football is only played in pittsburgh.

and boom.....some kid from the city I live in is in the top 10.

Comment

• DB Willie Bailey flips from Miami to Florida.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

• Iowa's first commit is 6'5 287 lb OG Mitchell Keppy from Port Byron, Illinois.

Comment

• MD ATH Ronald Darby commits to ND prior to the Blue/Gold game. 5'11 and runs a 4.37. Good RB, but wants to play DB. Works for me.

I hope he gets in his buddy Keith Marshall's ear and gets him to commit as well.

Comment

• Let's talk some midwest recruiting. Where will the following players go? (my predictions in parentheses)

-Durron Neal, WR, St. Louis (Alabama or USC)
                    -Jordan Westerkamp, WR, Chicago (Minnesota or Nebraska)
                    -Jonah Pirsig, OT, Minnesota (Pick a B10 team, I have no idea)
                    -Faith Ekakitie, DE, Chicago (Tennessee or Iowa)
                    -Tommy Schutt, DT, Chicago (Ohio State or Notre Dame)
                    -Jaleel Johnson, DT, Chicago (Iowa, Wisconsin or Minnesota)
                    -Sheldon Day, DT, Indianapolis (Michigan)

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      Let's talk some midwest recruiting. Where will the following players go? (my predictions in parentheses)

Haven't heard much about him. Any insight on him as a player and his recruiting situation?
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        Let's talk some midwest recruiting. Where will the following players go? (my predictions in parentheses)

Without a huge push, I don't think ND lands Schutt. PSU may be in the driver seat for him. And ND has made some serious inroads with Day. His family is in his ear saying that he'll be set for life with a degree from there. We shall see.

Also, ND picks up 2 more before the B/G Game. ATH Nick Baretti (Projected at S) and LS Scott Daly. Daly was offered today and accepted on the spot.

Comment

• He's Canadian, moved to Chicago about three years ago and enrolled at Lake Forest Academy (good school in suburban Chicago). Decided to switch from basketball to football, good speed for a strongside defensive end. 4 star guy on all the major sites.

I really don't know much about his recruiting situation. Seems like the recruiting websites have him pegged as a Big Ten guy, but since he's from Canada I don't think he'll have the same ties to the area as a lot of players do. Took a stab at Tennessee as an outside school, also has offers from Oregon, Vandy, etc.

He could also be an ideal Northwestern recruit, since Lake Forest is a college prep academy. Don't know anything about his desires, but he could be waiting for a Notre Dame offer.

Comment

• Yeah, Schutt is a PSU fan. Not sure it'll help much, but PSU has had recent success with PSU fans lately.

Comment

• Royce Jenkins-Stone commits to Michigan! Two linebackers in two days. Now we just need to get James Ross.
                              "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

• Allen, TX RB Jonathan Williams commits to Missouri.
                                Last edited by BPhilb; 04-16-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information