Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2012 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another pretty good year for talent in Mississippi. Ole Miss is getting Barry Sanders Jr.

Comment

A post I made in the B1G thread, mostly speculation on my part:

2012 Big Ten Quarterback recruiting update!!

Gunner Kiel, Columbus East (IN)
      B1G Teams Currently Offering: Indiana, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin
      Other Major Offers: Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Missouri, Colorado

-Gunner is the best QB prospect in the Mid-West, but oddly hasn't received a bounty of B1G offers. He's a ESPN150 watch list player, and has received some impressive offers from our hated brethren to the South.

Current Prediction: Tennessee

Philip Nelson, Mankato West (MN)
      B1G Offers: Minnesota
      Other Major Offers: None

-Philip only has an offer from the hometown Gophers, but he's originally from Wisconsin and his father is a BADger alum. Personally, I think Philip is the 2nd best QB prospect from Minnesota behind Joe Mohlberg, but he's been super productive and he's got great speed for his size. If Wisconsin offers I think he goes there, but for now...

Current Prediction: Minnesota

Zeke Pike, Dixie Heights (KY)
      B1G Offers: Indiana, Purdue, Iowa
      Other Offers: Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Louisville, Auburn, Arkansas, Boston College, Cincinnati, North Carolina, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M

-Zeke is the last prospect that could be considered "Mid-Western" with a B1G offer, as he's from the Kentucky suburbs of Cincinnati. With his current offer list it seems unlikely he'll end up in the B1G, however, although Notre Dame could get involved and shake things up.

Current Prediction: Kentucky

Bennie Coney, Plant City (FL)
      B1G Offers: Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue
      Other Offers: Auburn, Florida State, Virginia Tech, South Florida, Texas Tech..

-Plant City is near Tampa, so if there's a hometown team here it's South Florida. That said, Coney was suspended from his High School team and has some serious issues, so moving away may be in his best interests. I think Michigan is a seriously player here, but for now I'll go with the Cam-mentum and the team that couldn't care less about personal issues.

Current prediction: Auburn

Matt Davis, Klein (TX)
      B1G Offers: Iowa, Purdue
      Other Offers: Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Auburn, Oklahoma State...

-Davis might be the best junior in Texas despite missing all of last season with an injury, so it's a bit of a wonder why he doesn't have a Texas offer, let alone offers from more B1G schools. I think he's a Horn if they offer, and potentially a shorter Vince Young, but for now I'll say..

Current Prediction: LSU

Jameis Winston, Hueytown (AL)
      B1G Offers: Ohio State
      Other: Alabama, Auburn, Miami, Florida State, Clemson, South Carolina, Mississippi

-Can Ohio State go into Alabama and take a QB prospect from under their noses? Probably not.

Prediction: Alabama

Tyler Jupiter, Plantation (FL)
      B1G Offers: Illinois
      Other offers: South Florida, Louisville, Rutgers, Boston College

-Unless one of the Big 3 in Florida offers, I see no reason Zook can't pull some recruiting magic.

Prediction: Illinois

Shane Dillon, El Cajon (CA)
      B1G Offers: Ohio State
      Other offers: Cincinnati

-If the offer list looks weird to you, it should. Dillon is a skinny dude with great mechanics, but his OSU offer largely stems from his training under George Whitfield Jr., a Tressel disciple.

Prediction: Ohio State

Midwest Quarterbacks with offers from non-Big Ten schools:

-Wes Lunt, Rochester (IL): Boston College
      -Maty Mauk, Kenton (OH): Notre Dame, Missouri, Cincinatti
      -Brendan Nosovitch, Allentown (PA): Virginia

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Nosovitch probably has an offer from Penn State. He is a ******* animal. Zeke Pike has a Michigan offer.

Comment

FWIW, I doubt if OSU takes a QB next year. They took two this year, with Cardale Jones grayshirting to give him some separation between him and miller.

Comment

Pike also has an offer from WVU and has a good relationship with Holgerson. I'll dream.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
            12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Since were dreaming

How about USC bringing in Dorial Green Beckham?

Our wr's would be Robert Woods,Kyle Prater,George Farmer,Dorial Beckham

Can I dream? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                Nosovitch probably has an offer from Penn State. He is a ******* animal. Zeke Pike has a Michigan offer.
                Agreed. I love me some Nosovitch. Being compared to Dan Persa.

Comment

Andre McDonald, Jordan Westerkamp, Amara Darboh, Durron Neal

WRS everywhere

Comment

Apparently we got a jump on 2012 and signed OLB out of Jacksonville, FL..

Shakeel Rashad.. I want to find film
                    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                    Coples is that dude.
                    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                      FWIW, I doubt if OSU takes a QB next year. They took two this year, with Cardale Jones grayshirting to give him some separation between him and miller.
                      they want Shane Dillon but I think it's gonna be hard to pull him out of California with all the big schools eventually offering him. Plus Braxton Miller will probably scare him off since Braxton is gonna be a true freshman. He does have Tressel ties though with QB guru George Whitfield Jr. mentoring him - a JT disciple who played for Jim at YSU.

Comment

my early estimate for preseason top 10 recruits in Ohio:

1-Adolphus Washington-DE
                        2-Dwyane Stanford-WR
                        3-Kyle Kalis-RT
                        4-Warren Ball-RB
                        5-Chris Wormley-DE
                        6-Brionte Dunn-RB
                        7-Greg McMullen-DE
                        8-Bam Bradley-S
                        9-Kyle Dodson-LT
                        10tie-Se'Von Pittman-DE
                        10tie-LaTroy Lewis-DE

I figure Wormley probably goes to Michigan. Dodson doesn't have and OSU offer yet but he should eventually. He visited Alabama and Auburn so he must be a pretty big deal. Washington, Stanford, Kalis, Ball, Dunn, McMullen, Pittman, and Lewis should all be Buckeyes and serve as the core of our 2012 class. Bradley goes to Trotwood Madison, and Tressel's never offered a Madison Ram before, but Bradley is supposed to be the best safety prospect since Gene Clifford so we'll see.

Comment

Who are the 5 star type QBs in this class? The last couple of classes have been a little weak at the top.
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

I'm not saying that it isn't going to happen, but if all four of those defensive ends commit to Ohio State then that is pretty stupid. The Buckeyes just signed two top 15 DE this year (one of them a 5*). Does Ohio State really want 25% of their class to be made up of defensive ends anyway?

Comment

Let's hope not cause I think we have a decent shot at Se'Von Pittman.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                              12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                                I'm not saying that it isn't going to happen, but if all four of those defensive ends commit to Ohio State then that is pretty stupid. The Buckeyes just signed two top 15 DE this year (one of them a 5*). Does Ohio State really want 25% of their class to be made up of defensive ends anyway?
                                rather have an elite DE or a lesser TE/CB/OL? Greg McMullen is likely gonna play DT in a few years. He's 6'5"/260 already.
                                Last edited by keylime_5; 02-03-2011, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information