Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2012 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can kind of understand it from the school's perspective, but only kind of. The Buckeyes are only going to have around 15-17 spots next year, correct? Sure, you want elite talent but you can't play all those guys at once. I would definitely pick an elite DE over a lesser OL, but I'm not sure I'd take 4 elite DE when I can have 2-3 elite DE and 1-2 good OL. The thing I find odd is that four excellent DE would all want to sign with the same school, especially after said school took two the previous year. Even if McMullen moves inside, that leaves five guys competing for two spots over the next three years.

Comment

well you have consider they play a 4 man rotation at DE too. In 2009 we had Lawrence Wilson, Cam Heyward, Nathan Williams, and Thaddeus Gibson rotating at DE plus Rob Rose playing DT and 5 technique DE and Doug Worthington (a high school DE) playing DT. Redshirts should create some seperation too. Can't have too many 6'5/240 lb. defensive line signees who are that athletic. Some will grow into DTs some will play on the edge, some will play hybrid LB/DE.

As of today we have exactly 16 spots available for 2012 (15 if Chris Carter finally signs after being cleared of sexual abuse charges)....so with average attrition this class should be somewhere between 18 and 21. It only makes sense to take 4 DEs if you consider that they are elite. All those guys are as good of prospects as Steve Miller and Kenny Hayes, or at least come close to it. I think it helps too that we signed 23/24 guys this year and filled every position except RB with at least one quality recruit, so next year we only have to sign OL and DBs to fill numbers - everything else we can take as few as we want and we'll be fine number-wise. Sacrifice signing linebackers and tight ends and quarterbacks since we signed 8 of those this year, and signing more defensive linemen instead works.
      Last edited by keylime_5; 02-03-2011, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        my early estimate for preseason top 10 recruits in Ohio:

1-Adolphus Washington-DE
        2-Dwyane Stanford-WR
        3-Kyle Kalis-RT
        4-Warren Ball-RB
        5-Chris Wormley-DE
        6-Brionte Dunn-RB
        7-Greg McMullen-DE
        8-Bam Bradley-S
        9-Kyle Dodson-LT
        10tie-Se'Von Pittman-DE
        10tie-LaTroy Lewis-DE

I figure Wormley probably goes to Michigan. Dodson doesn't have and OSU offer yet but he should eventually. He visited Alabama and Auburn so he must be a pretty big deal. Washington, Stanford, Kalis, Ball, Dunn, McMullen, Pittman, and Lewis should all be Buckeyes and serve as the core of our 2012 class. Bradley goes to Trotwood Madison, and Tressel's never offered a Madison Ram before, but Bradley is supposed to be the best safety prospect since Gene Clifford so we'll see.
        You're that high on Washington? Man, that's a first. I like him, but I don't think he's the best player in the state.
        A few Ohio kids that I like and would hope PSU gets involved with due to OSU's limited scholis that are not on that list:

William Mahone RB
        Corey Smith WR
        Taylor Decker OT
        Bryan Cox Jr DE/OLB
        LaTroy Lewis DE
        Allen Grant S
        DaShawn Hall S

Comment

This is basically everyone who has been mentioned with UM. Bolded are commits.

QB- Gunnar Holcombe, Shane Dillon, Ricardo Louis (WR)
          RB- Duke Johnson, Matt Jones, Wesley Brown
          WR- Angelo Jean-Louis, Brandon Snell, Deandre Jasper, Stefon Diggs, Marvin Bracy, Justin Ferguson, Chris Black, Derrick Woods
          TE- Justin Chandler
          OT- Nacho Garcia, Andrus Peat, John Theus, Avery Young
          OG- Duaron Williams
          DE- Noah Spence, Jelani Hamilton, Daniel Perry, Trent Taylor, Bryan Singleton
          DT- Eddie Goldman, Davion Samuels, Earl Moore, Anthony Smith
          LB- Keith Brown, Jazzmar Clax, Eric Kinsey, Dillon Lee
          CB- Tracy Howard, Amos Leggett, Donaldven Manning, Brian Poole, Wayne Morgan
          S- Willie Bailey, Deon Bush, Bam Bradley, DJ Singleton, Marcus Maye, Elijah Shumate

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

Washington already has offers from teams like Ohio State, Texas, Florida State, Michigan State, Alabama, and Texas A&M and is a division I basketball recruit who is a true freak athlete that is all but certainly gonna be one of the first guys invited to play in the 2012 Army Bowl. It's early but I think best player in the state is between him, Wormley, Stanford, and Ball though Kalis and McMullen will get some talk. Right now Washington clearly has the best offer list.

Bryan Cox Jr. and Tom Strobel would be top ten prospects in the state any other year, especially Strobel. I don't get Corey Smith. He was amazing for Akron Buchtel this year at WR and CB but his offers and attention isn't what you would expect from such a superstar speed demon. Allen Gant kinda fell off the radar after getting so much hype as a sophomore.

Comment

Washington already has offers from teams like Ohio State, Texas, Florida State, Michigan State, Alabama, and Texas A&M and is a division I basketball recruit who is a true freak athlete that is all but certainly gonna be one of the first guys invited to play in the 2012 Army Bowl. It's early but I think best player in the state is between him, Wormley, Stanford, and Ball though Kalis and McMullen will get some talk. Right now Washington clearly has the best offer list.

Bryan Cox Jr. and Tom Strobel would be top ten prospects in the state any other year, especially Strobel. I don't get Corey Smith. He was amazing for Akron Buchtel this year at WR and CB but his offers and attention isn't what you would expect from such a superstar speed demon. Allen Gant kinda fell off the radar after getting so much hype as a sophomore.
              I'm not too worried about Jrs getting offers when it's February. If they don't have major offers by like December, then ya, I'd say something was up.

Comment

well I'm sure he's gonna get plenty of fine offers but other WRs in Ohio have gotten more attention than him which is a bit surprising. I guess he is kinda small at 5'11"/170.

Another name that needs mentioning is Taylor Decker from Vandalia, OH. 6'8"/275 great basketball player and left tackle prospect. Will probably go to Notre Dame though. Great year for OLinemen in Ohio with at least Kyle Kalis, Kyle Dodson, Jacoby Boren, Ryan Anderson, Anthony Stanko, and Decker all being big 4 quality.

Comment

well I'm sure he's gonna get plenty of fine offers but other WRs in Ohio have gotten more attention than him which is a bit surprising. I guess he is kinda small at 5'11"/170.

Another name that needs mentioning is Taylor Decker from Vandalia, OH. 6'8"/275 great basketball player and left tackle prospect. Will probably go to Notre Dame though. Great year for OLinemen in Ohio with at least Kyle Kalis, Kyle Dodson, Jacoby Boren, Ryan Anderson, Anthony Stanko, and Decker all being big 4 quality.
                  I mentioned Decker! I really like him. Has such a nice frame and I think he can get to 320 and not lose any of his elite athleticism.

Comment

yeah he's an exciting tackle prospect. sucks that he's a notre dame lean, we need more athletic OTs badly.

Comment

For the record, the Glenville prospect that is gonna get all the hype this year is CB Devan Bogard, who already has been offered by USC. BACK OFF KIFFIN!!!! Unlike Walker this guy is without a doubt a Buckeye lock if/when we offer.

Comment

A list of the top 150 Players for the 2012 Recruiting Class. Enjoy.
                        http://www.theringer.com/Football2012

Avery Johnson - Patrick Peterson's Little Brother
                        Andrus Peat - Brother Committed to Nebraska Yesterday
                        Johnathan Gray - The Next Big RB Recruit out of Texas.
                        Last edited by dannyz; 02-03-2011, 10:48 PM.

Comment

For the record, the Glenville prospect that is gonna get all the hype this year is CB Devan Bogard, who already has been offered by USC. BACK OFF KIFFIN!!!! Unlike Walker this guy is without a doubt a Buckeye lock if/when we offer.
                          Walker was considered a Buckeye lock when you offered.

Comment

he was, but unlike Walker, Bogard actually admits as much.

Comment

The term lock is tossed around way too much lately.

Comment

Does Warren Ball look that fast to you guys? I love how he keeps his feet moving upon contact, but just doesn't seem to have breakaway speed. I think i like Dunn better. It's dumb how crowded our backfield is. I pray to our OLINE is at least decent next year they (Hyde, Smith, Berry) should make noise.

Also, how come Joe Bolden hasn't been offered by us yet?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information