Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2012 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
    Zeke Pike is from Kentucky.
    that is correct. i knew that too dont know why i put AL.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Jeff Lindquist might end up the #1 QB on the west coast. Come on Sark!!! The fence!!
      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Arizona QB Connor Brewer commits to Texas. This is the second straight year that Texas has taken the best kid in Arizona. Let's see if Brown can keep this kid this time, instead of losing him like Westerman.

Comment

Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
          That won't last.
          Yes it will. And if it doesn't, he won't go to Iowa. No interest at all in going there.

Iowa almost never gets top players in Minnesota, Broderick Binns being the only real exception.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

No, it won't.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Yes it will. And if it doesn't, he won't go to Iowa. No interest at all in going there.

Iowa almost never gets top players in Minnesota, Broderick Binns being the only real exception.
              Neither does Minnesota.

ZING

Seriously though, I don't know much about 2012 prospects except that I really want Diamond, Westerkamp, Voltz, and Valentine out of Illinois. Oh, and Tommy Schutt.

I know Diamond and Valentine are already getting some big time looks. Hopefully having Coe (Edwardsville) will help with Valentine, and Walsh (Glenbard West) will help with Schutt. But I expect the state of Illinois to be very generous to Iowa yet again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                Neither does Minnesota.

ZING

Seriously though, I don't know much about 2012 prospects except that I really want Diamond, Westerkamp, Voltz, and Valentine out of Illinois. Oh, and Tommy Schutt.

I know Diamond and Valentine are already getting some big time looks. Hopefully having Coe (Edwardsville) will help with Valentine, and Walsh (Glenbard West) will help with Schutt. But I expect the state of Illinois to be very generous to Iowa yet again this year.
                Schutt is a HUGE PSU fan. Granted it might not mean much, but I feel as if PSU gets on him early and shows him love(I don't see why they wouldn't), then he could commit early to PSU.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                  Neither does Minnesota.

ZING

Valentine appears to be a stud. We are on him here at Mizzou and he appears to be top target this year. From what I have read it sounds like he wants to stay fairly close to home, but who knows if that will change is he looks around more. Someone is going to get a good one with this kid.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                    Miami CB Donaldven Manning commits to Virginia Tech.
                    Donaldven? Am I reading that correctly? Man, black people have some crazy names.
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

The only comparison I have seen for Zeke Pike is Chris Rix and not in a positive manner.

Comment

i want to get into recruiting for realz guiz. I started to big time come the whole Savon Huggins thing and it reminded me how awesome recruiting is to follow. Using that link posted of the top 150, I looked into 3 guys from NJ/NY.
                        4* ATH DJ Singleton seems to be a guy we can get, it says 4* safety Elijah Shumate is good friends with QB Gary Nova who committed to RU this year, and it says Wayne Morgan (CB) is between really Penn St. and Miami, but USC and Rutgers are still very much in the mix.

any good sites where I can really get into the whole recruiting buzz and ****?
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Shumate is getting offers from all over, sounds really interested in South Carolina, gonna be hard for Rutgers to keep him in state.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                            Shumate is getting offers from all over, sounds really interested in South Carolina, gonna be hard for Rutgers to keep him in state.
                            dammit!
                            but I hae read he's good friends with Gary Nova, which could be Rutgers best shot, especially if Nova wins the starting job this year.
                            We're going to need a really good season this year to start keeping the top talent in state.

what's the word on guys down in Florida? any liking RU? since Rutgers seems to get just as many Florida guys as we do NJ/NY guys
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Rivals is the better Rutgers recruiting site to follow.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

AJ Leggett back to Miami. This should be fun.

DB class of Leggett, Howard, Willie Bailey and Deon Bush sounds decent.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information