***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2012 Recruiting Thread

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
    i want to get into recruiting for realz guiz. I started to big time come the whole Savon Huggins thing and it reminded me how awesome recruiting is to follow. Using that link posted of the top 150, I looked into 3 guys from NJ/NY.
    4* ATH DJ Singleton seems to be a guy we can get, it says 4* safety Elijah Shumate is good friends with QB Gary Nova who committed to RU this year, and it says Wayne Morgan (CB) is between really Penn St. and Miami, but USC and Rutgers are still very much in the mix.

any good sites where I can really get into the whole recruiting buzz and ****?
    Another guy to look out for is Alvin Cornelius from Staten island. Big 6'2 WR who made a lot of buzz last year and is expected to have a huge season this upcoming fall. I hear he has a lot of interest in Rutgers.

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
    AJ Leggett back to Miami. This should be fun.

DB class of Leggett, Howard, Willie Bailey and Deon Bush sounds decent.
    Is he related to Lance?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Don't believe so.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
        but I hae read he's good friends with Gary Nova, which could be Rutgers best shot, especially if Nova wins the starting job this year.
        We're going to need a really good season this year to start keeping the top talent in state.

what's the word on guys down in Florida? any liking RU? since Rutgers seems to get just as many Florida guys as we do NJ/NY guys
        Also, don't forget that since we got Hafley our relationship with Don Bosco has improved immensely which is going to pay big dividends for us. Schiano and Toal didn't get along that well and he didn't want many of his kids going to Rutgers but that relationship seems to have been repaired. I'm not going to count us out of the Bosco players like I had to before Hafley arrived.

sig by BoneKrusher

Rivals 250 watch list

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

With the rich talent in their area, PSU has no excuses to not have a top 10 class this year.

Ohio has some pretty soild DE propects out there.

RIP themaninblack

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                With the rich talent in their area, PSU has no excuses to not have a top 10 class this year.
                Michigan fans are expecting a top ten class too based on how loaded the Midwest is this year, but it's still going to be difficult for a team who isn't regularly in the top ten to get there. You gotta figure that Alabama, Texas, LSU, Ohio State, and Florida State already have half of the top ten spots locked up. Auburn will probably finish with a top ten class coming off of a National Championship and I expect Florida to rebound in a big way. If USC can find enough scholarships to give (and I assume Kiffin doesn't have an issue with over-signing) then they will have a top ten class as well. Realistically, there isn't going to be many top ten spots up for grabs. I think Michigan and Penn State fans should aim for a top 15 class. Setting the bar any higher is likely going to lead to some disappointments.
                Last edited by P-L; 02-10-2011, 12:18 PM.

Notre Dame's visitor list for junior day later this month:

Ifeadi Odenigbo OH DE
                  Frank Taylor PA OG
                  Shane Callahan CO AT
                  Colin Thompson PA TE
                  Robert Gregory IL QB
                  Anthony Maddie IL QB
                  Brendan Nosovitch PA QB
                  Desmon Peoples PA RB
                  Gehrig Dieter IN WR
                  Efe Scott-Emuakpor MI WR
                  Maty Mauk OH QB
                  Jordan Payton CA WR
                  Bryce Treggs CA WR
                  Jordan Westerkamp IL WR
                  Pharaoh Brown OH TE
                  Kent Taylor FL TE
                  Blake Thomas OH TE
                  Brandon Arcidicano PA OL
                  Taylor Decker OH OL
                  Jordan Diamond IL OL
                  Benny McGowan OH OL
                  Andrus Peat AZ OL
                  Dan Voltz IL OL
                  Noah Spence PA DE
                  James Ross MI LB
                  Mike Scherer MO LB
                  Terry Richardson MI DB
                  Tyler Lance OH ATH

Troy Watson OH OG

after getting westerman auburn is trying its luck in arizona.

offered davonta neal 5-9 170 with ridiculous numbers.

Neal had a huge junior season totaling 29 touchdowns and leading Chaparral to a 14-0 record and second-straight state championship. On offense, he had 37 receptions for 907 yards and 11 touchdowns and 59 carries for 551 yards and 12 touchdowns.

As a cornerback on defense, he added 22 tackles, nine pass breakups and five interceptions, two of which he returned for touchdowns. He also totaled 665 return yards and four more touchdowns.
                    annnd andrus peat the top OT 6-7 280. he already expressed interest back in jan around nat champ time.
                    Last edited by critesy; 02-10-2011, 08:22 PM.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

You stay away from Neal!! I doubt Penn State gets Neal anyways.

Peat should be going to Nebraska.

neal would be so sexy with malzahn's offense mmmmmm :)

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Rich Rodriguez summed up in two sentences

In the fall of 2008, Clowney's sophomore year, then-Michigan assistant coach Tony Gibson was recruiting [CB Stephon] Gilmore. The Wolverines wanted him as a quarterback to run their zone read in Ann Arbor.
                          Let's recruit one of the top corners in the country- AND PUT HIM ON OFFENSE!

FL QB Gray Crow commits to Miami.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Originally posted by critesy View Post
                              neal would be so sexy with malzahn's offense mmmmmm :)
                              He would be MUCH sexier in Chip Kellys offense....

Who will be your team's next (or first, in some cases) next 2012 commit?

If I had to guess, I'd go with MI TE Ron Thompson for Michigan.

Debug Information