Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Sam McGuffie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CC View Post
    That is crazy.

Comment

I was just about to post something on McGuffie when the thread got locked. Well here it is:
      Guess who's ranked ahead of McGuffie now on Rivals.com, Cameron Saddler. http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewpros...=51646&Sport=1
      I can understand their reasoning, I mean Saddler is 30 lbs. lighter, 6 inches shorter, slower (40 and shuttle), weaker, his vertical leap is a full foot less than Sam's, and he has about 1/3 the rushing yardage and 1/2 the total touchdowns in a less competitive division of football. Cameron does have a very good GPA however, gotta give him credit for a 4.28 (which is not far off of Sam's 40 time).

BTW: Was it really so controversial to predict that Brian Leonard would be converted to full time fullback and to opine that Sam McGuffie is getting hosed by recruiting services? Are the people of this site not capable of hearing a rationally expressed opinion that is not derogatory toward anyone in particular?
      Last edited by jared; 11-25-2007, 08:35 PM.

Comment

mcguffie's ranking at rivals is ludicrous..8th best apb in the counrty and not even top 250?

Comment

Originally posted by CC View Post
          what is his vertical?? he looks very explosive, what position is he?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            what is his vertical?? he looks very explosive, what position is he?
            his vert is listed at 41in with a 4.32 40 on rivals.

he's a RB

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewpros...=54392&sport=1

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by nhlkdog411 View Post
              mcguffie's ranking at rivals is ludicrous..8th best apb in the counrty and not even top 250?
              I agree, completely nonsensical.

Comment

Alright, I live just down the road from Cy-Fair HS (McGuffie's HS) and have seen one of his games live. First thing's first: don't listen to those recruiting services. Some of the player rankings leave me scratching my head.

McGuffie's a great talent and can do quite a bit, but I don't know how good he'll be at learning how to just pick up four yards and be happy with that. Can put players on their butts, but tends to try to juke and outrun defenders too much and that could hurt him at the next level. Still, a great talent. After seeing some of the things he can do, I wouldn't hesitate to give him four stars as a prospect.

On that note, everyone around here is saying that he's seriously considering switching his committment to A&M. There's no solid sources on this, just second- and third-hand rumors, so take that info with a grain of salt. Hell of a ballplayer. The greater Houston area's all-time single-season rushing leader, and Houston's produced some greats. Eric Dickerson (Sealy), Kenneth Hall (Sugarland, nation's all-time career rushing king), and Thurman Thomas (Fort Bend Willowridge) just to name a few.

Comment

Wouldn't shock me at all if he decided not to go to Michigan.
                  Originally posted by nvot9
                  I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                  Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                  Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                  Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                  Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

not anymore hes a perfect fit for Rodriguez's offense

Comment

Sam said that if Les Miles was Michigan's coach, he'd decommit. If anyone else was named coached, he'd be a wolverine. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

Wow, didn't think that this thread was still going...Rodriguez used smaller backs than McGuffie at WVU (Slaton and Devine), but he should be a good fit in his system if he has good hands in the receiving game.

On a related note, does anyone have McGuffie's stats for this season? I can't seem to find them.

Credit goes to Guesswhosback

Comment

McGuffie is an amazing fit for this offense, I fully expect him to be in A2 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BUTerriers View Post
                            On a related note, does anyone have McGuffie's stats for this season? I can't seem to find them.
                            205-1,711 8.35 ypc 24 TDs

From the Houston Chronicle.

And I'm with you on the size issues, Terriers. He's not a small back by any stretch of the imagination. Last I heard, he's bulked up into the 190 range with room to grow. 5'11" 190 with the frame to add more is great size for a prospect.
                            Last edited by big daddy russ; 12-17-2007, 01:24 PM.

Comment

just a question...has anyone here actually thought about how nasty sam's shuttle time is? i was looking at his rivals profile the other day, and his shuttle time is like 3.82..thats the second best time i've ever heard of for the shuttle at the NFL combine....the kid is so athletic its kind of freaky

Comment

Originally posted by nhlkdog411 View Post
                                just a question...has anyone here actually thought about how nasty sam's shuttle time is? i was looking at his rivals profile the other day, and his shuttle time is like 3.82..thats the second best time i've ever heard of for the shuttle at the NFL combine....the kid is so athletic its kind of freaky
                                Yeah... but he's white. That makes him overrated...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information