Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Sam McGuffie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's really not that overrated considering rivals has him as the tenth (TENTH?!) best all purpose back and not even in the top 100 or so players. Theres people who are worse than him in literally every aspect who are ranked ahead of him so I'm not sure how he can be overrated. Also, even on this bored, so many people seem to think he is overrated that he is probably underrated here. I don't see how he doesn't become at least as good as Slaton was at WVU while he is at Michigan.

Comment

If i were him i'd go somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
        If i were him i'd go somewhere else.
        Awesome analysis. Mind telling us why seeing as how Rodriguez's system is tailor made for him?

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
          Awesome analysis. Mind telling us why seeing as how Rodriguez's system is tailor made for him?
          My guess is he committed to go there in the first place because LLoyd Carr and Ryan Mallett were going to be there, now they're gone along with most likely your top 2 WRs. Maybe that option offense they run will be good for him but i think they are going to struggle there.

Comment

After seeing him play in the under armour game, and watching some old highlights he is a perfect fit for Rodriguez system, he is freakishly athletic and I cant wait to see how he will be used...

If i were Pryor I would be looking at guys like him going to Michigan and that would make my decision a little easier...That shuttle time is incredibly fast, and he looks it on the field, he has some amazing acceleration and quickness

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              After seeing him play in the under armour game, and watching some old highlights he is a perfect fit for Rodriguez system, he is freakishly athletic and I cant wait to see how he will be used...

If i were Pryor I would be looking at guys like him going to Michigan and that would make my decision a little easier...That shuttle time is incredibly fast, and he looks it on the field, he has some amazing acceleration and quickness
              You say that, sadly the Buckeyes decided this was a great year for probably their greatest recruiting class ever. 3 of the top 7 OL among other weapons. Hope Pryor goes to Michigan though. Imagine him, McGuffie and Carlos Brown on a triple option?

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                Sure he's very talented, but some question how he will do in the Big Ten, and while it's all great and all to see McGuffie going to UM where he fits perfect into RR's offense, RR still doesn't have any other pieces in place on offense at WR or O-Line to run his spread like he had at WVU where the machine was rolling at full steam - so Pryor could go to Michigan where the cupboard is bare except for a couple young RBs....or he could go to Ohio State and run behind Mike Adams, Mike Brewster, JB Shugarts, maybe Josh Jenkins, Bryant Browning, Connor Smith, and Jimmy Cordle and use DeVier Posey, Jake Stoneburner, Lamaar Thomas, Taurian Washington, Dane Sanzenbacher, Ray Small, Brian Hartline, Jake Ballard, Brandon Saine, and Boom Herron at his disposal. Would Vince Young have been so amazing at Texas if he didn't have the best O-Line in the nation in 2005 along with a great RB unit and a loaded WR corps? I don't think he would've been nearly as productive, though still good if he had just mediocre talent around him.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                  Imagine him, McGuffie and Carlos Brown on a triple option?
                  That is pretty beastly right off the bat, I can only imagine...Either way I cant wait to see how McGuffie looks out there, is he going to play immediately next year or just sparingly?

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                  Sure he's very talented, but some question how he will do in the Big Ten, and while it's all great and all to see McGuffie going to UM where he fits perfect into RR's offense, RR still doesn't have any other pieces in place on offense at WR or O-Line to run his spread like he had at WVU where the machine was rolling at full steam - so Pryor could go to Michigan where the cupboard is bare except for a couple young RBs....or he could go to Ohio State and run behind Mike Adams, Mike Brewster, JB Shugarts, maybe Josh Jenkins, Bryant Browning, Connor Smith, and Jimmy Cordle and use DeVier Posey, Jake Stoneburner, Lamaar Thomas, Taurian Washington, Dane Sanzenbacher, Ray Small, Brian Hartline, Jake Ballard, Brandon Saine, and Boom Herron at his disposal. Would Vince Young have been so amazing at Texas if he didn't have the best O-Line in the nation in 2005 along with a great RB unit and a loaded WR corps? I don't think he would've been nearly as productive, though still good if he had just mediocre talent around him.

Yea but asking if VY would have been as great had he not been at Texas is pretty much like saying imagine him at OU, thats the difference between OU and UT, same with OSU and UM, yes one school has more talent then the other at certain stages but both are great programs and I have no doubt RR will continue to bring in players, it might not look as good as UM right now but i wouldnt go as far to say the cupboard is fair...Juice Williams doesnt have that many options at his disposal but he makes it work out fine, because he makes the players around him better...same goes for Pryor, I feel like wherever he goes he is going to make his surrounding cast better, and even if OSU did bring in a stronger class I think he would mask it, by the time his junior year rolled around im pretty sure UM would have talent around him to make that a dangerous offense

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    Seriously? Bare? This is Michigan we are talking about, not Cincinatti. We have brought in 14 4 stars in this class with more on the way and it's not as if Michigan has been roping sleeper bums with no hype around them the last few years, UM brings in top talent at every position year in and year out.

Comment

Originally posted by CC View Post
                      Seriously? Bare? This is Michigan we are talking about, not Cincinatti. We have brought in 14 4 stars in this class with more on the way and it's not as if Michigan has been roping sleeper bums with no hype around them the last few years, UM brings in top talent at every position year in and year out.
                      that was exactly my point, just because people dont know who guys are doesnt mean the next batch wont be just as talented, all of the top tier programs reload very well without much of a problem, only thing they wont have is experience, talent is another story

Comment

Originally posted by CC View Post
                        What are you talking about? We went 9-4, so we clearly suck and always will. ;)

Comment

Michigan still has plenty of talent returning on offense, and the majority of our defense. Our 23rd ranked scoring defense and 7th ranked pass defense returns all but 3 starters. Jonas Mouton is very likely going to be an upgrade over Chris Graham anyways. As far as offense goes, we're stacked at RB. While none of our guys are as good as Mike Hart, we'll have four quality backs. Carlos Brown played real well in limited playing time, Kevin Grady comes back from injury, and there are high expectations for McGuffie. Brandon Minor, who could probably start for a third of teams in D1-A next season, is going to be the third or fourth option. I'm not even going to bring up Avery Horn or Mike Cox. I'm really not concerned with our WR's at all. Manningham and Arrington were great, but Greg Mathews has showed a lot of promise and we have a ton of recruits from the past two classes. The OL is a bit of a concern, but I'd like to think we've recruited well enough for it to at least be solid.

All this talk about going 3-8 or 4-7 is completely ridiculous. I think 6-6 is an absolute worst case scenario. With 7-5 or 8-4 much more likely. We're not going to compete for a National Championship this year, but the cupboard is far from bare.

Comment

He's not even close to being overated.

My concern is can he hold up at RB in the Big ten and stay healthy.

Comment

I said this about 2 years ago when we first started to learn about McGuffie but.......

I have never seen a highschool oline work so well in tandem and get to the 2nd level as consistently as McGuffie's.... maybe one of the most athletic olines i've ever seen in highschool

THis is the only thing that worries me about him, if you don't believe me go and watch some of these tapes and just focus on the oline

Comment

Oh my god . . . this dude better not change to Cal at the last second . . .
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information