Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 round mock draft 1-10-07 some trades

Trades:
    Detroit trades second overall to the texans for the 8th overall, and a second and 4th rounder.

Carolina trades 14th overall to the giants for the 20th overall, a 3rd round pick, and a 4th next year

1- Oakland: JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
    - THE franchise QB that this team needs. Al Davis may not draft quarterbacks, but he does draft athletes and Russell certainly is at the qb spot.
    2- Houston: Joe Thomas LT Wisconsin
    -Make a trade and finally pick up the Franchise tackle they need.
    3- Cleveland: Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
    -Hometown kid, ties with Crenell and Weis. Great pick up for the Browns, gives them a good offense.
    4- Tampa Bay: Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
    -Just Estatic to see him here, if Clayton shows what he did his rookie year, this will be a scary combo for many years.
    5- Arizona: Leon Hall CB Michigan
    -A surprise pick, but a needed one. Antrell Rolle is not on elite status yet, and They still got some good years in their DE'S. Hall and Rolle vs Boldin and Fitzgerald will make pratices very entertaining.
    6- Washington: Alan Branch DT Michigan
    - a dominating defensive tackle who will team with griffin to provide a solid rush in the middle of the line
    7- Minnesota: Jamal Anderson DE Arkansas
    - need a left defensive end to provide a pass rush. a freak athlete will work out well in minnesota
    8- Detroit: Gaines Adams DE Clemson
    -Detroit trades down and lands one of their guys. Marinelli will be drooling over this kid.
    9- Miami: Dewayne Jarrett WR USC
    -Need a wide reciever after Chambers had a very disappointing year. Will provide a solid reciever after they figure out the quarterback problem
    10- Atlanta: Reggie Nelson S Florida
    -Slides over landry because he is more of a free safety and fills more of a need. Falcons are happy none the less.
    11- San Francisco: Laron Landry S LSU
    -Not a big need, but they add a playmaker to fly all over the field in that 3-4 D.
    12- Buffalo: Lawerence Timmons OLB Florida State
    -Its between Willis and Timmons, Timmons will blow up at the combine and really impress Dick Jauron. Will be a good one for years to come.
    13- St. Louis: Patrick Willis LB Ole Miss
    -St.Louis hasn't seen steady play from their linebackers since Mike Jones. Drafting a great MLB will allow Witherspoon to slide back outside.
    14- New York Giants: Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
    -Giants trade up and are in awe to land a running back who will dominate the league for years. Will ease the loss of Tiki Barber. Great pick.
    15- Pittsburgh: Justin Blalock OG/OT Texas
    -Blalock can play many positions and will provide strength on that underachieving line. Will blow up holes for Willy Parker.
    16- Green Bay: Marshawn Lynch RB Califorina
    -Green Bay fans are probably sick of this pick, but he will change that on game day with his game breaking ability.
    17- Jacksonville: Marcus Mccauley CB Fresno St.
    -Depth is needed at this position, and this guy would be a perfect guy for that. Future Stud
    18- Cincinnati: Quinn Pitcock DT Ohio State
    -Definetly need a pass rush and this guy will surely provide that.
    19- Tennessee: Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State
    -Young to Ginn is just sick and scary at the same time. Will be amazing offense.
    20- Carolina Panthers: Paul Poz LB Penn St.
    -Poz will play middle in this defense and fly all over the field, making this defense very scary once again. Trade down and still get their guy.
    21- Denver: Glen Dorsey DT LSU
    -Need a guy to plug holes and stop the run and he will provide that as well as a pass rush. In the mode of Tommie Harris.
    22- Dallas: Levi Brown OT Penn St.
    -A Left tackle that will provide protection for Romo for years.
    23- Kansas City: Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
    - A real Interesting prospect Kansas City will love to work with this guy.
    24- New England (f/Sea): Quinten Moses DE Georgia
    -Will come in for Belicheck and become a tarell suggs like player. Great pickup for the Pats.
    25- New York Jets: Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburg
    -Jets corners are aging and this guy will lock down one side of the field for a long time.
    26- New Orleans: Michael Griffin S Texas
    -Not that much of a need, but hes a bonafide playmaker something the saints will love on the defense.
    27- Philadelphia: Sydney Rice Wr South Carolina
    -Stallworth is a free agent, and rice has tons of potential combined with Reggie brown will give them many options.
    28- New England: Fredd Benett CB south Carolina
    - A solid corner that is desperately needed.
    29- Indianapolis: Earl Everett: OLB Florida
    -A hard hitter is needed for the run on this team, ask OSU how hard this guy hits.
    30- Baltimore: Lamar Woodley OLB Michigan
    -Insurance in case Thomas leaves, Will give Billick another toy to play with on defense.
    31- Chicago: Tony Ugoh OL Arkansas
    -Chicago likes to trade down, but they decide to take a massive Linemen to pave holes for benson for years.
    32- San Diego: Robert Meachum WR Tennessee
    -a freak at recieer, he will really shoot up the boards the chargers cant pass him.

Round 2

33- Oakland: Joe Staley OL Central Michigan
    34- Detroit: Buster Davis LB Florida St.
    35- Cleveland: Josh Wilson CB Maryland
    36- Tampa Bay: Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
    37- Arizona: Rufus Alexander OLB Oklahoma
    38- New York Jets: Michael Bush RB Louiville
    39- Minnesota: Eric Weddle S utah
    40- Detroit: Daymeion Hughes CB Cal
    41- Miami: Jarvis Moss DE Florida
    42- Atlanta: Josh Beekman OL Boston College
    43- San Francisco: Ray Macdonald DE Florida
    44- Buffalo: Dewayne Bowe WR LSU
    45- St. Louis: Brandon Meriweather S Miami Fla
    46- Carolina: Troy Smith QB Thee Ohio State
    47- Green Bay: Aaron Ross CB Texas
    48- Pittsburgh: Ryan Kahil C USC
    49- Jacksonville: Jon Beason OLB Miami
    50- Cincinnati: Zach Miller TE ASU
    51- Tennessee: H.B. Blades- MLB Pitt
    52- New York Giants: Arron Sears OT Tennessee
    53- Denver: Chris Houston CB Arkansas
    54- Dallas: Charles Johnson DE Georgia
    55- Kansas City: Jeff Symardia WR Notre Dame
    56- Seattle: Ben Grubbs OG Auburn
    57- New York Jets: Demarcus Tyler DT NC St.
    58- New Orleans: Tanard Jackson CB syracuse
    59- Philadelphia: John Wedling S Wyoming
    60- New England: Craig Davis WR LSU
    61- Indianapolis: Justin Harrell DT Tennessee
    62- Baltimore: Ray Edwards DE/OLB Purdue
    63- Chicago: Greg Olsen TE Miami Fla
    64- San Diego: Manuel Ramirez OG Texas Tech

If the Giants were able to pull that off, I would be ecstatic.

Comment

If the Lions pulled something like that, I'd be amazed, and happy at the same time.
      "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

Comment

y would miami trade up to "get their guy" when branch doesnt fill the need of a NT. we already have two 3-4 ends in kevin carter and matt roth, and both are MUCH better pass rushers than branch. we need a big nose tackle that stays in the middle in both 4-3 and 3-4. i just dont agree with miami picking two defensive players when the defense isnt the problem. although moss would be a good LB in the 3-4 and could split with roth in the 4-3 so i do like him. i just strongly dislike the branch pick.

p.s. alan branch is a run stuffer, not a pass rusher.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

p.s. no team is dumb enough to take a WR in the first round AND the second round so u might want to revise your eagles picks.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Re: 2 round mock draft 1-10-07 some trades

Originally posted by jbombul
            22- Dallas: Levi Brown OT Penn St.
            -A Left tackle that will provide protection for Romo for years.
            Good Pick

Originally posted by jbombul
            54- Dallas: Charles Johnson DE Georgia
            if "Tank" Tyler falls that far in round 2 we gotta take him. Give us the "Tank".

EDIT: Or give us Okoye in RD1 and than we'll take Grubbs in RD2

Comment

great dallas picks

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413
                If the Giants were able to pull that off, I would be ecstatic.
                i figured giants fans would like that

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket
                  If the Lions pulled something like that, I'd be amazed, and happy at the same time.
                  pocket, u know as well as i do, this would be a wonderful draft for us. i feel it is fairly possible

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlegom
                    y would miami trade up to "get their guy" when branch doesnt fill the need of a NT. we already have two 3-4 ends in kevin carter and matt roth, and both are MUCH better pass rushers than branch. we need a big nose tackle that stays in the middle in both 4-3 and 3-4. i just dont agree with miami picking two defensive players when the defense isnt the problem. although moss would be a good LB in the 3-4 and could split with roth in the 4-3 so i do like him. i just strongly dislike the branch pick.

p.s. alan branch is a run stuffer, not a pass rusher.
                    i appreciate the input you gave me. who would you reccommend then. maybe dewayne jarrett? it was down to branch and jarrett when i did the mock for you guys, i was fairly certain that with a new coach coming in chambers could have more of an impact. branch is 330 lbs he could fill into the 3-4 run stuffer he still has a lot of growing to do

Comment

i appreciate all the input you guys are giving me. i would also agree that that is a great dallas draft

Comment

ravens wouldnt go for 2 defensive ends. we need o line help

Comment

You can't honestly have AD drop that far. Thats unbelivable I can't see it.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by bennybee38
                            ravens wouldnt go for 2 defensive ends. we need o line help
                            i figured that one would be a linebacker if thomas leaves. i think trevor pryce has seen his better years. i could definetly see how this would change drastically if thomas resigns however

Comment

Originally posted by portermvp84
                              You can't honestly have AD drop that far. Thats unbelivable I can't see it.
                              i believe it could happen. those injury concerns are slight, he has a running style where he runs stiff and looks for contact, with the right coach however he will be a good one for a long time. i just don't see any team before the giants desperately wanting him

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information