57. MIN: Xavier Adibi LB Virginia Tech
    58. IND: DeJuan Tribble CB Boston College
    59. CHI: Doug Legursky C Marshall
    60. SF: Darien Williams S Oklahoma
    61. CIN: Marcus Harrison DT Arkansas
    62. NE: Kirk Elder G Texas A&M
    63. DAL: Erik Ainge QB Tennessee
    64. SD: B.J. Raji DT Boston College
    Last edited by simms2clayton; 06-28-2007, 01:29 PM.

Errr...If Pittsburgh is picking 6th, how could they afford a luxury pick?

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
      Errr...If Pittsburgh is picking 6th, how could they afford a luxury pick?
      Thats a very good question and I will do my best to answer it. (Kind like Godell to Troy Smith)

Right now, it is very tough to predict some teams' future needs, especially with a season before us.

The Steelers obviously aren't going to go in a few directions (imo) for the first round next year: QB, RB, TE, OL, OLB, and S.

I am not too sure what Tomlin wants to do defensively. What scheme is he going to run in 2008? What players are going to fit his system?

I would have gladly given Pittsburgh a CB (since that seems like the easiest direction to me right now), but I don't see a CB worthy of a top 10 selection other than Justin King at the moment.

Okay, maybe "luxury pick" was a bad prase to use. But WR might be a need in the Steelers' future, and maybe Manningham is great value at 6 in 2008...which means a very good pick.

Comment

The Bengals will not address TE early.

It'll be DE/OLB maybe DT.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
          The Bengals will not address TE early.

It'll be DE/OLB maybe DT.
          Why not?

Why can't they address OLB and DT in rounds 2 and 3?

I think it is time for the Bengals to refocus on the offense much like Indy did in last year's draft.

Davis is a big time player and he is going to really open up the middle of the field for Palmer.

Comment

Originally posted by simms2clayton View Post
            Why not?

Why can't they address OLB and DT in rounds 2 and 3?

I think it is time for the Bengals to refocus on the offense much like Indy did in last year's draft.

Davis is a big time player and he is going to really open up the middle of the field for Palmer.
            TE's aren't used as catching weapons in our offense, that's why Reggie Kelly is such a great TE for us because he is one of the best blockers in the league. Plus, Marvin has over the past few years laughed at the idea of taking a TE early saying it'd just be another mouth to feed offensive production when we have plenty already.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
              TE's aren't used as catching weapons in our offense, that's why Reggie Kelly is such a great TE for us because he is one of the best blockers in the league. Plus, Marvin has over the past few years laughed at the idea of taking a TE early saying it'd just be another mouth to feed offensive production when we have plenty already.

So do the Bengals just plan on using all 7 picks next year on defense? Is that how it is going to be?

Too many mouths to feed? Um ya, then why did you draft a 3rd string RB (Kenny Irons) in round 2, Marvin Lewis?

Comment

I don't think Green-Ellis is worthy of an early 2nd round choice for the giants

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                  I don't think Green-Ellis is worthy of an early 2nd round choice for the giants
                  BJGE is an underrated player and I feel like his stock is going to go up as the season goes along. I really don't know why he is looked over so much as he has dominated in the SEC.

Comment

If the Saints are picking 12th they better trade up 2 spots for Dorsey.

Comment

I like the eagles picks.

Comment

dude keith rivers is one of the if not THE best linebacker in the country and to say hes not going to be a first rounder is retarted. Him and Rey will most likely be first rounders and Cushing will be very close. Sedrick Ellis not in the first 2 roundS? yeah right!

Comment

Andre Woodson 1st QB taken?

Comment

Thats a very good question and I will do my best to answer it. (Kind like Godell to Troy Smith)

Right now, it is very tough to predict some teams' future needs, especially with a season before us.

The Steelers obviously aren't going to go in a few directions (imo) for the first round next year: QB, RB, TE, OL, OLB, and S.

I am not too sure what Tomlin wants to do defensively. What scheme is he going to run in 2008? What players are going to fit his system?

I would have gladly given Pittsburgh a CB (since that seems like the easiest direction to me right now), but I don't see a CB worthy of a top 10 selection other than Justin King at the moment.

Okay, maybe "luxury pick" was a bad prase to use. But WR might be a need in the Steelers' future, and maybe Manningham is great value at 6 in 2008...which means a very good pick.
                            I disagree some, O-line COULD be a concern. If we end up at #6, likely our O-line completely blew it and we got nothing done offensively. We'll likely still be in a combo of 3-4/4-3 for 08. You apparently aren't high on Sam Baker, but is top 10 worthy and would be a decent pick.

And if we are actually picking before the Browns first rounder, I will shoot myself.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

28. NE (f/SF): Tyson Jackson DE LSU
                              30. NE: Terrell Thomas CB USC
                              62. NE: Kirk Elder G Texas A&M
                              Terrell Thomas is a great pick, CB is one of our our biggest needs along with ILB. The Jackson and Elder picks would just add to our 2 strongest positions, however. Jackson looks like a guy who probably could play in the 3-4, but it would probably be as a DE. Jackson is athletic for a 300 pound DE, but I can't see him playing LB. If we take a DE it would probably be a guy who projects to be a DE/OLB tweener like Gholston or Harvey. The pick does make sense though, we have taken a lot of big Tiger DE's over the last few seasons. Our interior OL us set as well, I don't see a guard as a need this early in the draft. An athletic ILB who can stuff the run would be the pick here, someone like Jasper Brinkley.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information