Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early 08 Mock

1.Tampa Bay Buccaneers– Brian Brohm QB Lousiville
    The first post-Gruden era pick for the Bucs. Jake Long and Darren McFadden will be on the radar, but Garcia is a short term fix so they go with the best QB prospect in the draft.
    2.Oakland Raiders – Jake Long OT Michigan
    JaMarcus Russell needs someone to protect his blindside. Jake Long has freakish strength and is very athletic.
    3.Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland) – Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
    Dallas has been looking for that superstar running back for years now. Although Barber and Jones are solid, they can't pass up on a talent like McFadden.
    4.Atlanta Falcons – Glenn Dorsey DT LSU
    Tempted to go Andre Woodson, but he is not good enough for a top 5 pick. Given their aging tackles, they go Dorsey, a perfect fit for the 4-3 defense.
    5.Miami Dolphins – Sam Baker OT USC
    Could have been a 'Phin if he declared early last year. With a weak offensive line, and Baker's potential to play any o-line position minus center, Miami quickly snatches him up.
    6.Tennessee Titans – Desean Jackson WR Cal
    Vince is invincible, but everyone needs a little help. Vince to Jackson will be a feared combo for years to come.
    7.Washington Redskins – Calais Campbell DE Miami
    This is a no-brainer. The Redskins finally have some picks in this draft and they use the first one well adding Campbell.
    8.Minnesota Vikings – Chad Henne QB Michigan
    Jackson is not a franchise QB. Henne will play well in his senior year and move himself into the top 10 range.
    9.Houston Texans – Kieth Rivers OLB USC
    They had a great steal with Ryans 2 drafts ago, and since the top 2 offensive linemen are off the board they get some help on defense.
    10.Buffalo Bills – Dan Conner OLB Penn State
    Conner falls to them at 10, and they reunite two phenomenal Penn State linebackers.
    11.Arizona Cardinals – Kenny Philips S Miami
    With Wilson as his mentor, Philips will develop into a solid playmaker.
    12.Detroit Lions – Antoine Cason CB Arizona
    The departure of Dre' Bly hurts a lot, so they go out and get the top corner in the draft.
    13.Kansas City Chiefs – Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
    Brodie Croyle is not the answer, and LJ cannot carry the offense forever. Bowe will be happy to see a solid QB come in to get him the ball.
    14.Green Bay Packers – Early Doucet III WR LSU
    Jennings on one side and Doucet on the other will baffle defenses for years to come. Now they just need someone to throw them the ball.
    15.New York Giants – Steve Slaton RB West Virginia
    Jacobs and Slaton will be the thunder and lightning they wanted Dayne and Tiki to be.
    16.New England Patriots (from San Francisco) – James Laurinaitis LB OSU
    Bruschi cannot play forever even though Bill hopes he will...
    17.Carolina Panthers – Barry Richardson OT Clemson
    David Carr will be smiling after this pick. Finally he has some protection.
    18.Cincinnati Bengals – Sedrick Ellis DT USC
    A hard worker with a clean background. The anti-Bengal...
    19.Pittsburgh Steelers – Ray Maualuga ILB USC
    The 11 year veteren, Farrior will eventually retire and when he does Maualuga will be a force in the middle of the Steelers defense.
    20.Dallas Cowboys – Mario Manningham WR Michigan
    Terry Glenn has at most 2 seasons left in him. Dallas adds another offensive weapon in the '08 draft.
    21.Denver Broncos – Earl Bennett WR Vanderbilt
    Rod Smith can't play forever, and Marshall is still an unknown. Cutler needs to get some targets so they take his old Vanderbilt teammate.
    22.Philadelphia Eagles – Chris Long DE UVA
    Donavon McNabb shows he's not done yet with a playoff season, and in the draft the Eagles add to their defense by taking Long the dominant son of HOF Howie Long.
    23.New York Jets – Frank Okam DT Texas
    Robertson is more of a DE in the 3-4 not a NT. The Jets quickly get the massive Okam who is a 2 gap monster.
    24.Seattle Seahawks – John Carlson TE Notre Dame
    Gives Hasselback another option and Seattle finally gets a solid tight end.
    25.Jacksonville Jaguars – Tommy Blake DE TCU
    They add a solid DE along side the two monsters at DT.
    26.Baltimore Ravens – John David Booty QB USC
    Could learn alot behind McNair.
    27.New Orleans Saints – Dwight Lowery CB San Jose St.
    Mike McKenzie is slowing down and Jason David needs another CB to play on the other side of the field.
    28.San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis) – Mike Hart RB Michigan
    Frank Gore is a solid back, but with injury problems in the past the 9ers can't afford to pass up a solid RB like Hart.
    29.Chicago Bears – Xavier Adibi OLB Virginia Tech
    When Briggs finally gets out of Chicago, he'll need a replacement.
    30.New England Patriots – Justin King DB Penn State
    Bill loves the guys that can play multiple positions and King is one of them. With Harrison getting older and Samuels trying to get out, King will either be a solid S or CB next season.
    31.St. Louis Rams – Terrell Thomas CB USC
    After losing the Superbowl, the Rams realize defense wins championships... (sixth trojan)
    32.San Diego Chargers – Philip Wheeler ILB Georgia Tech
    Superbowl Champs... They add a young linebacker to their deadly 3-4 defense...
    Last edited by TimD; 08-20-2007, 02:22 PM.
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
    1.Tampa Bay Buccaneers– Brian Brohm QB Lousiville
    The first post-Gruden era pick for the Bucs. Jake Long and Darren McFadden will be on the radar, but Garcia is a short term fix so they go with the best QB prospect in the draft.
    Caddilac says hi.and no Andre Woodson is better.
    2.Oakland Raiders – Jake Long OT Michigan
    JaMarcus Russell needs someone to protect his blindside. Jake Long has freakish strength and is very athletic.
    I hate where were picking.But I also think Kiffin could be more inclined to get Baker.Hes a better fit at LT.But cant be mad with us getting Jake Long.good pick.
    13.Kansas City Chiefs – Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
    Brodie Croyle is not the answer, and LJ cannot carry the offense forever. Bowe will be happy to see a solid QB come in to get him the ball.
    Hasnt even been given a chance yet.
    28.San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis) – Mike Hart RB Michigan
    Frank Gore is a solid back, but with injury problems in the past the 9ers can't afford to pass up a solid RB like Hart.
    Hart isnt a first round prospect.More of a third and the even if Gore has injury problems in the past that doesnt mean the Niners are going RB in the first.
    31.St. Louis Rams – Terrell Thomas CB USC
    After losing the Superbowl, the Rams realize defense wins championships... (sixth trojan)
    hahaha.Rams and Chargers in the SB.Not to mention the Chargers winning a SB.THey'll be worse than last year with Norv as their HC.
    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

hm i guess no one has opinions on my mock...
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
        hahaha.Rams and Chargers in the SB.Not to mention the Chargers winning a SB.THey'll be worse than last year with Norv as their HC.
        The chargers may have a worse regular season record, but if we make the playoffs with our talent we have a good chance at going all the way.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
        RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
          In Scott Wright's player rankings Wheeler is listed as a outside LB and thats really the last thing we need right now. If has the potential to move to ILB then that would be a good pick.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

TE is a need for the Seahawks so good pick. I also like the John David Booty for the Ravens pick.

thanks Bengals1690

Comment

As much as I love Mike Hart, I question whether he's first-round talent, I don't think San Fran will be finishing that high in the first place, and I don't think they'd be looking for a RB.
              I don't watch a ton of SF games, but doesn't Hart play similarly to Gore? High contact and hardworking, but not the fastest or most agile. I don't think they'd want two of the same backs.

Comment

Originally posted by sdpads24 View Post
                In Scott Wright's player rankings Wheeler is listed as a outside LB and thats really the last thing we need right now. If has the potential to move to ILB then that would be a good pick.
                ESPN has him as an ILB yet when i looked at some other sites it had him listed as just a LB... He has the size to play inside i guess... im assuming i just got false information

Comment

Originally posted by Apriori View Post
                  As much as I love Mike Hart, I question whether he's first-round talent, I don't think San Fran will be finishing that high in the first place, and I don't think they'd be looking for a RB.
                  I don't watch a ton of SF games, but doesn't Hart play similarly to Gore? High contact and hardworking, but not the fastest or most agile. I don't think they'd want two of the same backs.
                  yeah that was my worst pick... idk as a michigan homer i wanted to get hart into the first round haha...

Comment

I'd be shocked if GB went WR in round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
                      I'd be shocked if GB went WR in round 1.
                      Why would you be shocked? The Packers skill at Wr is lacking and a playmaker like Jackson would really improve that. The draft is a crapshoot and anything can happen. If your gonna tell us that ''your shocked'' at least tell us why.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

Love the Buc pick but I'm a tad disappointed that you think they are the worst team in the NFL.

Comment

Ewww.... i don't like Chad Henne for the vikings at all especially not if we are picking inside the top 10 with Both Kenny Phillips and Andre woodson on the board

Comment

Originally posted by sdpads24 View Post
                            Why would you be shocked? The Packers skill at Wr is lacking and a playmaker like Jackson would really improve that. The draft is a crapshoot and anything can happen. If your gonna tell us that ''your shocked'' at least tell us why.
                            ummm do you want a list of our WR?

Donald Driver
                            Greg Jennings
                            James Jones
                            Koren Robinson
                            Ruvell Martin
                            David Clowney

We will go TE, OLB, or even CB.

Comment

I see a lot of OLB for the Bears, but I dont see that as a need. Sure All Pro Briggs is leaving, but we have game planned 2 years in advance to that. Jamar Williams, and Micheal Okwo were drafted for the reason to replace Briggs once, and if he walks. And from all I hear about Jamar, he could start right now. So where the Bears really need to improve through the draft is Tackle, Guard, and Wide Reciever. To me those are the big 3, especially the line who is ancient

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                              who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information