Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bored and ready for real football draft

1.) Chiefs - OT Jake Long, Michigan Sr.
    Notes: The Chiefs have arguably the worst offensive line in the NFL after losing two future hall of famers. Long has tremendous size and athleticism, and will be a big boost to their o-line woes.

2.) Raiders - RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas Jr.
    Notes: The Raiders snag the best player in the draft with the second pick, and he just happens to fill a big hole.

3.) Buccaneers - QB Brian Brohm, Louisville Sr.
    Notes: They have a bunch of mediocre guys at quarterback. Brohm has all the tools to be elite.

4.) Redskins - DE Calais Campbell, Miami FL Jr.
    Notes: The Redskins have ignored adding an elite pass rusher for long enough. Campbell has the size and freak athleticism to dominate in the NFL.

5.) Lions - S Kenny Phillips, Miami FL Jr.
    Notes: They have bigger needs than a safety, but Phillips is the type of player that you have to gameplan around. He will be a big help to their horrible pass defense.

6.) Dolphins - OT Sam Baker, USC Sr.
    Notes: Easy pick. They have a guard playing left tackle. Enough said.

7.) Cowboys f/ CLE - WR DeSean Jackson, California Jr.
    Notes: TO and Glenn are getting old, and Crayton is a free agent after this season. Jackson is a speed demon, and will also be a boost to their return game.

8.) Vikings - DT Glenn Dorsey, LSU Sr.
    Notes: Kind of a tough pick. I almost went with Woodson, but I think they give Jackson another year. Pat Williams is a free agent after this season, and Dorsey fits the cover 2 defense perfectly.

9. Falcons - QB Andre Woodson, Kentucky Sr.
    Notes: Now that they have a gaping hole at quarterback, they add the new face of their franchise in Woodson.

10.) Texans - RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon Jr.
    Notes: It may seem a little high for Stewart, but I think he's going to dominate this season and put up freak numbers at the combine. He is a great runner and receiver, and gives the Texans a franchise back they desperately need.

11.) Bills - CB Justin King, Penn State Jr.
    Notes: After losing both Winfield and Clements the last few seasons, the Bills restock the corner spot with King. He's the best corner in the draft and will boost an area that's sure to struggle this season.

12.) Cardinals - DE Quentin Groves, Auburn Sr.
    Notes: The Cardinals haven't had a player with more than 8 sacks since 2004. Last years sacks leader, Karlos Dansby, is a free agent next season. With the eventual move to the 3-4, Groves is a good fit as both a down lineman and a linebacker.

13.) Giants - OT Ryan Clady, Boise State Jr.
    Notes: The Giants haven't had a good left tackle in many years. Protecting Eli should be priority #1, since he usually folds under pressure.

14.) Titans - WR Early Doucet, LSU Sr.
    Notes: The Titans lack any player that resembles a #1 receiver. Doucet has tremendous athletic ability, and will immediately contribute as a receiver and return man.

15.) Patriots f/SF - ILB Dan Connor, Penn State Sr.
    Notes: With Bruschi and Vrabel free agents, the Patriots look to add some youth to what has been an aging group. Connor is physical and athletic, and would be a good fit at inside linebacker in the 3-4.

16.) Packers - CB Malcom Jenkins, Ohio State Jr.
    Notes: I almost had the Packers picking Martellus Bennett, but I think Jenkins grades out higher. Jenkins has tremendous skills and will add depth to the Packers aging group of corners.

17.) Rams - ILB Rey Maualuga, USC Jr.
    Notes: The Rams have a solid but unspectacular group of linebackers, and have had difficulty finding a good starter in the middle. Maualuga is as physical a player in the draft, and will immediately help stopping the run in St. Louis.

18.) Jaguars - QB Colt Brennan, Hawaii Sr.
    Notes: Leftwich is a free agent, and I see no reason why they would resign him. Brennan posses two things that Leftwich does not: Mobility and accuracy. He is seen as a system player, but he has all the tools to be a very good NFL quarterback.

19.) Jets - OLB Vernon Gholston, Ohio State Jr.
    Notes: A good 3-4 defense has a great pass rushing linebacker, and while the Jets have some good linebackers, none have had double digit sacks. Gholston is a freak that combines incredible strength and speed to terrorize the quarterback.

20.) Steelers - DT Sedrick Ellis, USC Sr.
    Notes: I had a tough time with this pick. I was going to give them Cherilus, but I think with his character concerns they won't take him. So with their eventual move to the cover 2, they will need a pass rushing tackle, hence Ellis.

21.) Seahawks - RB Steve Slaton, West Virginia Jr.
    Notes: Alexander has a lot of mileage on him, and is entering his 30s (today actually). He may have a couple years left, but with his recent injury issues, Slaton is a good insurance policy and change of pace back.

22.) Broncos - DT Frank Okam, Texas Sr.
    Notes: The Broncos have struggled to find the right players to play inside for them. Okam has great size and strength, and could be the man they have been looking for in the middle.

23.) Panthers - TE Martellus Bennett, Texas A&M Jr.
    Notes: They allegedly want to throw the ball more to the tight end, and Bennett is the best in the draft. He has the talent to have gone much higher, but the need for tight ends has seemed to drop a lot recently.

24.) Ravens - QB Erik Ainge, Tennessee Sr.
    Notes: Boller is gone after this season, and Smith is definitely not the answer. Ainge has all the tools, and could be the guy to take the reins once McNair retires.

25.) Eagles - TE John Carlson, Notre Dame Sr.
    Notes: Tight end is a key position on their offense, and LJ Smith is a free agent next season. Carlson is a great talent who is a good value pick at this point.

26.) Bengals - OLB Keith Rivers, USC Sr.
    Notes: With basically the entire core of outside linebackers free agents next season, it's a huge area of need for the Bengals. Rivers could be the weakside backer that is needed badly.

27.) Bears - OT Gosder Cherilus, Boston College Sr.
    Notes: I think the organization, team and fans love Sexy Rexy, and he will have a better year this year, so he will be resigned. Cherilus grades much higher than this, but the character concerns drop him down. The Bears have an aging group of tackles, and look for Cherilus to take over soon.

28.) Cowboys - CB Aqib Talib, Kansas Jr.
    Notes: Other than Newman, they have a bunch of aging corners. Talib is a great talent who doesn't have the speed of the top guys, but is as good a cover guy as any player available.

29.) 49ers f/ IND - DE Chris Long, Virginia Sr.
    Notes: The Niners have had d-line issues for a long time, and with Young at the end of career, they need to add some talent. Long is a good fit at end in the 3-4.

30.) Patriots - CB Antoine Cason, Arizona Sr.
    Notes: Even if Samuel resigns they need to add more talent at corner. Cason fits their scheme well, and is a great player.

31.) Saints - CB Jack Ikegwuonu, Wisconsin Jr.
    Notes: Ike probably would have been one of the top 2 corners taken had he not been arrested. He has pro bowl potential, and if he stays out of trouble will be a steal. The Saints really have no shut down corners, and Ike could be the man.

32.) Chargers - ILB Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina Sr.
    Notes: The Chargers lost both starting inside linebackers from last season, and will no doubt look to improve the position. Brinkley has great size and athletic ability, and will help maintain SD's reputation for stuffing the run.
    Last edited by AkiliSmith; 08-30-2007, 05:08 PM.

I can't complain about the Packers pick

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
      I can't complain about the Packers pick
      Personally I like Cason better, but w/e

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
        Personally I like Cason better, but w/e
        I like Cason better as well, but they are both really skilled players at a position of need

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

For the Pats I love the Cason pick but we would take Maualuga over Connor in a heartbeat. Maualuga has everything the Patriots look for in a LB.

Comment

Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post

11.) Bills - CB Justin King, Penn State Jr.
            Notes: After losing both Winfield and Plummer the last few season, the Bills restock the corner spot with King. He's the best corner in the draft and will boost an area that's sure to struggle this season.

Plummer??????? Who the F is Plummer?

Comment

31.) Saints - CB Jack Ikegwuonu, Wisconsin Jr.
              Notes: Ike probably would have been one of the top 2 corners taken had he not been arrested. He has pro bowl potential, and if he stays out of trouble will be a steal. The Saints really have no shut down corners, and Ike could be the man.
              I don't think that incident will have any effect on his draft status. Also he's not a trouble maker. He had that one run in and even that sounded to be more of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Comment

Nice phins draft, I like Woodson better than Brohm tho for top qb, but Gruden does love his senior Qb's.
                Last edited by thebow305; 08-30-2007, 11:16 PM.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by bills_red View Post
                  Plummer??????? Who the F is Plummer?
                  Clements, I mean.

Comment

Can't complain with Glenn Dorsey at 8.

Comment

I like the Carlson pick, but I would LOVE Rivers.

Comment

I wouldnt love king at that spot.. but i dont hate him... He has great skill sand i think he could be great

im still hoping that Youboty turns out to be a great player... but its wishfull thinking

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Excellent Jets pick.

Comment

Love The Rams Pick :)

Comment

Kenny Phillips to the Lions, I can't complain at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information