fenikz' mock draft ver 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fenikz' mock draft ver 2

the spots are based on the rankings we at NFLDC voted on so don't complain about where your team is picking, and if you don't like a pick tell em why and give me an example of what a good pick would be.

1- Oakland: Jake Long OT Michigan
    Why not McFadden? Because they have spent the last 3 years acquiring above average running backs and OT is a much bigger need.

2- Dallas(f/CLE): Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
    This pick is a huge luxury for the Cowboys, they will more than likely be in the playoffs with #2 overall pick, even with Barber I don't think they are happy at RB & they can't pass up on Run DMC he is just too talented

3- Atlanta: Brian Brohm QB Louisville
    This a basic no brainer, unless Harrington some how gets the team to 8-8 I think you can lock this up.

4- Kansas City: Sam Baker OT USC
    They need a ton of help on the O-Line, it was once the best in the league and baker can help return it to those glory days.

5- Tennessee: Desean Jackson WR/KR Cal
    When they lost Pac-Man they not only lost a quality CB but a good KR, Jackson gives young the explosive player maker he needs and is a very rare talent.

6- Miami: Kenny Phillips S Miami
    What better than a Miami boy playing in Miami, they have bigger needs at OT but Clady is a huge reach here and Phillips is a huge talent.

7- Minnesota: Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
    So far into the season my predictions on Jackson are dead right and they will need a new QB next year.

8- Tampa Bay: Glen Dorsey DT LSU
    TO go along with Adams they get the man eater Dorsey to dominate the inside, trying to revitalize the Bucs D-Line of the past.

9- Detroit: Calais Campbell DE Miami
    He isn't your prototypical cover-2 DE, but then again its hard to be protoypical when your a freak. The man is a 6'8, 270 pounds and he can cause havoc in the backfield like no other, maybe the best DE prospect since Peppers.

10- Houston: Ryan Clady OT Boise ST.
    They have been drafted Defense for the past few years and it seems to be working out for them, but eventually they will need to address that O-Line, even if are running the ZBS they still need talent.

11- Buffalo: Dan Connor LB Penn St
    Thier LB core is pretty much non-existent, along side Poz these two can bring back the good ole' days at Penn state.

12- New York Giants: Chris Long DE Virginia
    Strahan will more than likely retire after this year and even if he doesn't he will be 36, he is good value here.

13- Washington: Quentin Groves DE/OLB Aubrun
    They are set at Safety for a while with Taylor and Landry but besides that most of the team could use a upgrade, Quentin Grovesy is probally the best player available here and he fills a need

14- Arizona: Derrick Harvey DE Florida
    Since the Cardinals started running the 3-4 the defense has looked much better as a whole, CB is still a huge need but so is OLB. Berry is starting on one side but is always injured and doesn't seem to fit in, Pace is started on the opposite side because Chike is always injured, Harvey is a perfect match.

15- Green Bay: Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon
    A true work horse of RB who can carry the ball 20-25 times a game, although they drafted Brandon Jackson he doesn't have the talent to be a long term solution.

16- New England (f/SF): James Laurinitis LB Ohio St
    Many thought that they would draft David Harris last year but they ended up trading the pick and it will more than likely work out for them, Laurintis is a step below A.J. Hawk but he is a very solid LB.

17- New York Jets: Frank Okam DT
    The whole team hasn't looked good so far so it's hard to tell what thier biggest need is, i will just give them BPA, he has the size for NT but may be better suited for DE.

18- Carolina: Aqib Talib CB Kansas St.
    He may not be fast enough to play CB in the NFL, which is a blessing for the Panthers because their biggest need is safety, in a class which so much talent safety is lacking.

19- Seattle: Martellus Bennett TE Texas A&M
    They are getting old pretty quick, it could even been Alexander's last year with all the injuries he has been having lately but i'm not going to guess that far and just fill a need that they have right now.

20- St.Louis: Tyson Jackson DE LSU
    The entire Rams defense needs help, last year they were terrible against both the run and pass in a division where the 49ers can Cardinals have great young offensive talent it won't get any easier for them, for some reason last year they drafted a DE to play NT this year they will take a DE to play DE

21- Jacksonville: Earl Bennet WR Vanderbilt
    I originally had Manningham but I figure why give them more of the same, they already have 3 WR who can't catch. But Earl Bennet is a guy who reminds me so much of Marvin Harrison it's kinda creepy, he is all production, no flash. Great routes, impeccable hands, and vastly underrated.

22- Pittsburgh: Sedrick Ellis DT USC
    Next year I for see them being almost a true cover 2, they drafted a few pieces for it last year with Timmons and Woodley, plus Hampton is a great NT now they get thier UT to fill out the D-Line, he could also play DE in a 3-4

23- Philadelphia: Justin King CB Penn State
    King is the #1 CB in my books but most people don't see it that way so I will respect that, with the departure of Hood last year they no longer have a quality nickel and since Lito is injured right now they are showing there lack of depth.

24- Dallas: Antoine Cason CB Arizona
    Terrance Newman is good on 1 side, but Henry is old and mostly unproductive, Cason is great value here and the Cowboys walk away from the 1st round with McFadden & Cason.

25- Denver: Keith Rivers OLB USC
    Rivers may be an undersized linebacker, but he makes up from it with his speed, Denver has always had a fast defense and Rivers will only add to that.

26- Cincinnati: DeMarrio Pressley DT North Carolina State
    The Bengals always need help on defense, Last year they drafted Leon Hall to play CB this year they will strengthen up the there D-Line with a man who can cause havoc in the backfield.

27- New Orleans: Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
    They bascially have no secondary, the Colts proved that, Jenkins may be 1st on some peoples boards as a CB but not on mine.

28- Baltimore: Dwight Lowery CB San Jose State
    Both Rolle & McAllister are getting up there in years, and they can basically plug any LB into thier Defense and they will become a probowler so they draft for depth now and a starter later.

29- Chicago: Michael Oher OG/OT Ole Miss
    The bears have the oldest O-Line in the league, I know there are a lot of Grossman haters out there but I expect him to have a decent year and keep his job

30- San Fran (fIND): Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma State
    Much like last year there a few WR that could go higher or lower just depending on the team that likes em, Manningham, Doucet, Burton, & Sweed could all go here but Bowman is my top rated WR out of the bunch.

31- San Diego: Jonathan Goff ILB Vanderbilt
    They don't have many needs anywhere on the team, both sides of the ball are stacked with young talent, ILB may be the biggest need on the team, safety is another option but I don't think Z is 1st round material.

32- New England: Forfitted
    Last edited by fenikz; 09-20-2007, 06:08 PM.

I'm scared as hell of another WR from Ok St going to SF after the Rashan Woods debacle, but considering you're one of the few to not put Doucet there, I'll take it.
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Very, very nice.

Comment

Give the redskins a WR, we dont draft DL on day one
        RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

phillips is nice for miami rather get an OT though

Comment

We drafted Timmons to play ILB, Woodley's best NFL Fit is LOLB.

We're not going 4-3 anytime soon.

If we were to go fulltime cover 2 we'd need LB's more than anything because our LB's don't fit a Cover 2 scheme. Timmons would be the only one.

Chris Hoke is an underrated tackle and if we did go 4-3 we'd need a DE as well because 3-4 DE's are usually Dt's.

But since we're not going 4-3 give us... Vernon Gholston or Tony Hills here.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Hard to argue with the Campbell pick even with his "slow" start. I'm still very tempted to the MLB position with Connor or Laurinaitis.

Comment

boooooooo.hate where were picking.DE is a bigger need than OT.
                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                  We drafted Timmons to play ILB, Woodley's best NFL Fit is LOLB.

We're not going 4-3 anytime soon.

If we were to go fulltime cover 2 we'd need LB's more than anything because our LB's don't fit a Cover 2 scheme. Timmons would be the only one.

Chris Hoke is an underrated tackle and if we did go 4-3 we'd need a DE as well because 3-4 DE's are usually Dt's.

But since we're not going 4-3 give us... Vernon Gholston or Tony Hills here.
                  As much as I like the pick I have to agree, if we do go to a 4-3 cover 2 we would have many guys that could team with Hampton in the middle. I disagree with your statement on LB, we are fine there for now and no sense wastig a first on one. WIth that being said if Malcolm Jennings is there I would probably run to NY and hold the stage hostage until they meet my demands, which would be the Steelers take Jennings.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                    As much as I like the pick I have to agree, if we do go to a 4-3 cover 2 we would have many guys that could team with Hampton in the middle. I disagree with your statement on LB, we are fine there for now and no sense wastig a first on one. WIth that being said if Malcolm Jennings is there I would probably run to NY and hold the stage hostage until they meet my demands, which would be the Steelers take Jennings.
                    Jenkins?

and secondly, if we go cover2. We don't need to spend a high round pick on Corner.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I really like that Jets pick. Alot of guys have him playing NT in our defense, but if he gets drafted into the 3-4 he'll go DE. He may have some weight to him but he's quick and he's 6'5"... Good Pick
                      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Perfect MIA pick!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

We have a very good replacement named Justin Tuck on our roster, so DE is not our biggest concern. I would rather reach on an OLB like Keith Rivers. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
                          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Stewart is a nice player but go CB in rd 1

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

first draft with EB in a realistic draft possition, other mock makers take notice

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information