Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TimDris's Mock version 1.0

1. Falcons - Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
    With the acquisition of Leftwich solving a QB problem, I think Atlanta takes the best player in the draft giving Leftwich some help with a steady run game.
    2. Dolphins - Glen Dorsey DT LSU
    The 'Phins have dinosaurs on the DL right now so this is an easy pick for them, that Miami fans will be happy with unlike the Ginn pick last year.
    3. Vikings - Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
    QB is one of the most important positions on the field and with Peterson running the ball and that beast offensive line, all the Vikes need is a QB in order to have a high powered offense.
    4. Chiefs - Jake Long OT Michigan
    For years the Chiefs had the best oline and now those players are getting older. Long is a freak and will provide blocking for whoever is at QB and Larry Johnson.
    5. Raiders - Desean Jackson WR Cal
    I must say Culpepper has looked pretty good and their defense is solid. Giving Culpepper an option will help Oakland immensely.
    6. Redskins - Calasis Campbell DE Miami (FL)
    This is a no brainer pick. 'Skins fans will enjoy watching this guy beat on McNabb, Romo, and Eli for years to come.
    7. Bills - Brian Brohm QB Louisville
    Yes Trent Edwards looked good, but Brohm is too good to pass on when you have QB questions.
    8. Cowboys (from CLE) - Kenny Philips S Miami (FL)
    Possibly the only weakness on the team is addressed with this playmaker.
    9. Rams - Sam Baker OT USC
    Just like the Chiefs, the Rams need to start replacing their aging oline. Maybe they just need some blocking for the Greatest Show on Turf to resume.
    10. Texans - Dan Conner OLB Penn State
    They miss out on the 2 best linemen, but give Ryans a playmaker to play along side creating the most fearsome young front 7 in the NFL.
    11. Giants - Chris Long DE Virginia
    The Son of a HOF gives the Giants someone young to play on the opposite side of Osi. Kiwi and Tuck are good, but Kiwi could definitely have a bright future at LB and Tuck is not the kind of player that keeps teams from drafting superstars like Long.
    12. Cardinals - Quentin Groves DE/OLB Auburn
    Another player for the 3-4 defense. Getting the right personnel for the 3-4 is a must in order for it to be successful.
    13. Jets - Derrick Harvey DE/OLB Florida
    Unless the Jets change to the 4-3 I think they will be taking a pass rushing 'tweener in the first round. And with Harvey he could play in the 4-3 or 3-4 so this is an easy pick for the Tangini Front Office.
    14. Titans - Early Doucet III WR LSU
    VY has a run game and an oline, but needs a target. Doucet is a definite future superstar at WR.
    15. Saints - Frank Okam DT Texas
    Their defense needs a lot of things, DT being one of them. Okam is a giant at 6'5'' 320 and will provide Will Smith with someone to help collapse the pocket.
    16. Patriots (from SF) - James Laurinaitis ILB Ohio State
    This is a no brainer pick. This guy is a workout freak who will fit nicely in the Pats' 3-4.
    17. Jaguars - Matt Ryan QB BC
    I just don't see Garrard as a franchise QB. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm not the Jags get a quality QB in Ryan, who may finally lead them to the Superbowl.
    18. Lions - Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
    Dre Bly left to Denver last offseason and the Lions did not replace him so they hop on the top corner of the draft.
    19. Bears - Colt Brennan QB Hawaii
    Sexy Rexy may be sexy but he has lost his job. Griese is not his father, so the Bears get the best QB available and the 4th QB of the 1st round.
    20. Panthers - John Carlson TE Notre Dame
    Carr or Delhomme will be happy to get the best Notre Dame TE Prospect in a while for a target.
    21. Eagles - Gosder Cherilus OT BC
    Their aging tackles are well old. And Justice got ripped a new one so they snatch the man who has kept Ryan upright at BC and will be happy to do the same for McNabb.
    22. Buccaneers - Sedrick Ellis DT USC
    The Bucs iinterior line is not what it used to be. Ellis will give them a young anchor for years to come.
    23. Bengals - Kieth Rivers OLB USC

Their defense has been getting torched this year so they will address that side of the ball. A lot of guys are available at this point, but they will take the best defensive guy left on the board.
    24. Chargers - Antoine Cason CB Arizona
    Maybe they should just draft a head coach at this pick? Oh wait that isn't possible, so they will sure up that secondary with Cason.
    25. Seahawks - DeMario Pressley DT NC State
    Another team that is solid with no glaring holes adds someone to give them depth and a bright future on defense.
    26. Ravens - Tommy Blake DE/OLB TCU
    Thomas is gone. Suggs is a FA this year. Blake was built for Rex Ryan's defense.
    27. Packers - Jonathon Stewart RB Oregon

Farve will need more of a run game to get another Superbowl ring.
    28. Broncos - Philip Wheeler OLB Georgia Tech
    Williams moved inside leaving an openning at OLB in this defense. Wheeler makes the defense even scarier.
    29. Steelers - Terrell Thomas CB USC
    Steelers have a great team and Thomas will add to it with his steller ball hakwing skills.
    30. 49ers (from IND) - Limas Sweed WR Texas
    Another option for this offense, which keeps getting scarier.
    31. Cowboys - Steve Slaton RB West Virginia
    Something in my gut tells me that he declares early, and missing out on McFadden will leave a bad taste in Jerry Jones' mouth so they snatch up the elusive Slaton.
    32. Patriots - suspended

I don't mind critisizem but instead of saying 'Bad Pick!' tell me why you don't agree and what would be a better pick, so my next mock can be better. If you like the pick feel free to tell me... Lol i always like confidence boosters! Thanks for reading.
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

I understand the Slaton pick for Dallas...I just don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter S. Thompson View Post
      I understand the Slaton pick for Dallas...I just don't like it.
      I think he'd be a real nice compliment to Marion Barber. I don't know what will happen to Jones tho...
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Browns picking before the Rams? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(This is what I have to do since the Browns have no 1st.)

Comment

Im okay with Stewart, he aint my fave RB and i dont know how he would fit in the system

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I prefer Harvey over Groves but they are 1a & 1b on my board, great pick.

Comment

1. Falcons - Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
              With the acquisition of Leftwich solving a QB problem, I think Atlanta takes the best player in the draft giving Leftwich some help with a steady run game.

- LEftwich doesn't solve hte QB in any way shape or form. but we would stillget McFadden cause McFadden and Norwood would be sick together. Anyway, we would still go QB and OT in the 2nd.

Owner of ScarDraft
              Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

The Ravens would really think about Terrell Thomas, but i wouldnt complain if we took Tommy Blake.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

why did you change your name?

Comment

Not gonna happen sorry... We may have a lot of needs but quarterback is NOWHERE near the top of that list...

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

btw i really like the Rams pick

Comment

Eagles:

Reggie Smith! Reggie Smith! Reggie Smith!

Comment

Love the Falcons pick. Not going with the flow of everybody with the Brohm pick, I like it. I say that any QB can be made to succeed in Petrino's offense, and we have two high-potential guys (who are still young) on the roster. Yes, we will likely pick one up in round 2 or 3, but I don't think we need one round one unless Dorsey, Jake Long, and McFadden are all gone.

And we have had almost no running game this year.
                          Virginia Tech.
                          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                            [21. Eagles - Gosder Cherilus OT BC
                            Their aging tackles are well old. And Justice got ripped a new one so they snatch the man who has kept Ryan upright at BC and will be happy to do the same for McNabb.

Not sure about Cherilus' value at this point. If we're picking this low (probably not) I'd prefer to see Rivers, Justin King, Rey Maualuga, Brian Cushing etc...

Comment

All Miami fans can be happy with that pic?? I'm not happy with it. It's a terrible pick, he doesn't fit out 3-4 defense. Give us Long or Campbell there instead.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information