• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Rounder

here is another try at it. some notes

- i made the order first. started at 32 and worked my way to #1
    - i don't do trades.
    - i lost interest about half way through the second round, so if something doesn't make sense, chalk it up to not caring.

1-Miami-Calais Campbell-DE-Miami-is it just me or is Jason Taylor screaming "we suck" after every game? I'm not saying I think he's gonna be gone, but he almost retired last year and he obviously isn't having fun. either way, a 6' 8" pass rusher never hurts and he is one of the best players available. allthough the best pick might be Doc Brown and his flux capacitor so they can go back to last April and pick Brady Quinn.

2-St. Louis-Glenn Dorsey-DT-LSU-I struggled with this one. Rams fans will have to help me out if I'm wrong, but it seems Carriker should be playing DE, and Dorsey would allow that to happen and help to make this a formidable D-line.

3- Jets-Darren McFadden-RB-Arkansas-their backfield is such a mess right now. with solid investments on their o-line, getting some talent to run behind it makes perfect sense.

4-Minnesota-Andre Woodson-QB-Kentucky-With those terrible WRs, T-Jax never had a chance. but, still, he doesn't look the answer and an elite QB is too much to pass on.

5-New Orleans-Kenny Phillips-S-Miami-can't go wrong with any defensive player here.

6-Atlanta-Brian Brohm-QB-Louisville-Joey Harrington has played admirably and with a RB, he may be able to succeed. The damn thing is...if they lose enough games to get McFadden, I could see 'em doing that and Harrington doing pretty well in '08 with a great young back and a very solid recieving core of White, Jenkins and Crumpler...but the way it plays out, Harrington wins just enough games to screw himself out a job.

7-Buffalo-DeSean Jackson-WR-Cal-I do believe Trent Edwards will be given the chance to be the long term answer at QB. but, even IF Lee Evans returns to form, Edwards will still need more weapons in the passing game.

8-Dallas(from Cleveland)-Malcolm Jenkins-CB-Ohio State-pass defense has been suspect and ya can't go wrong with an OSU CB.

9-New England (from San Fran)-James Laurinaitis-LB-Ohio State-maybe this will finally be the year the Patriots draft a LB in the first.

10-Oakland-Sedrick Ellis-DT-USC-yeah, i was completely torn between Ellis and Jake Long. the tiebreaker was; if i game 'em Ellis, I could give Long to KC. so, yeah, I cheated a little. burn me at the stake.

11-Kansas City-Jake Long-T-Michigan-see above.

12-Cincinnati-Chris Long-DE-Virginia-with emerging your CBs in Joseph and Hall, I really thing a solid pass rush could work wonders.

13-Carolina-Matt Ryan-QB-Boston College-2 QBs that MAY be able to play decent next year does not equal success. could be a great situation for Ryan to come in and learn from Carr AND Delhomme before being forced in.

14-Denver-Dan Connor-LB-Penn State-doesn't seem too long ago that Denver had a great young trio of LBs. either way, with Connors, they'll be back on track in the linebacker department.

15-Philadelphia-Sam Baker-T-USC-combination of the Eagles always picking linemen early and the fact that their o-line was easier to penetrate than Paris Hilton makes this pick make sense.

16-Houston-Jonathan Stewart-their backfield of Packer rejects isn't getting it done, so they take the guy i really want the Packers to take. ******' karma.

17-Giants-Reggie Smith-CB/S-Oklahoma-a versatile DB is just what the Giants secondary needs at this point.

18-Detroit-Antoin Cason-CB-Arizona-thought about a pass rusher, but their secondary is just bad.

19-Chicago-Gosder Cherilus-T-Boston College-thought about a QB, but Brennan or Henne don't seem like good fits, and a veteran FA QB seems more likely. besides, maybe this will make Cedric Benson good.

20-Baltimore-Quentin Groves-OLB-Auburn-3-4 Edge Rusher keeps the defense on top.

21-Arizona-Tommy Blake-TCU-another potential 3-4 team in need of a pass rush.

22-Jacksonville-Derrick Harvey-DE-Florida-run on pass rushers continue and the Jaguars pretty much win the lottery with a steal who went to college right down the road.

23-Washington-Adarias Bowman-WR-Oklahoma State-I believe the pieces are almost in place for the offense to come around. some young talent at WR is all that's missing.

24-Tennessee-Earl Bennet-WR-Vanderbilt-this pick almost makes too much sense. I would imagine the Titan fans would be pleased as well.

25-Tampa Bay-Ryan Clady-T-Boise State-on paper they seem to need a QB, RB, OL and WR. it sometimes offends me that they actually score points every week.

26-San Diego-Terrell Thomas-CB-USC-a great defense on paper, but the secondary could use some work.

27-Seattle-Early Doucet-WR-LSU-I really don't like this guy, but lucky for him, on draft day, i won't be picking for all 32 teams.

28-Pittsburgh-Jack Ikegwuon-the Steelers are in a good position to take a high risk/high reward player here...and he should stay outa trouble now that he's making enough money to BUY an x-box.

29-Green Bay-Steve Slaton-RB-West Virginia-yeah, depth at CB is needed. but, Jarrett Bush has exceeded expectations this year and will only get better. CB is a need, but not as pressing as some might think. more of a second/third round need.

30-San Fransisco (from Indy)-Harry Douglas-WR-Louisville-the offense is really sputtering, and with young guys like Davis and Gore, a burner could be the missing link.

31-Dallas-Keith Rivers-LB-USC-really, can a 3-4 team ever have enough linebackers?

32-New England-Forfeited-

2nd round---because I'm not bored yet.

33-Miami-Mike Jenkins-CB-South Florida
    34-St. Louis-Phillip Wheeler-LB-Georgia Tech
    35-Jets-Frank Okam-DT-Texas
    36-Minnesota-Lawrence Jackson-DE-USC
    37-New Orleans-DeMario Pressley-DT-North Carolina State
    38-Atlanta-Mike Hart-RB-Michigan
    39-Buffalo-Jasper Brinkley-LB-South Carolina
    40-Cleveland-DeJuan Tribble-CB-Boston College
    41-San Fransisco-Tony Hills-T-Texas
    42-Oakland-Keenan Burton-WR-Kentucky
    43-Kansas City-Colt Brennan-QB-Hawaii
    44-Cincinnati-Zack Bowman-CB-Nebraska
    45-Carolina-John Carlson-TE-Notre Dame
    46-Denver-Eric Young-G-Tennessee
    47-Philadephia-Allen Patrick-RB-Oklahoma
    48-Houston-Barry Richardson-T-Clemson
    49-Giants-DJ Hall-WR-Alabama
    50-Detroit-Chad Henne-QB-Michigan
    51-Chicago-Erik Ainge-QB-Tennessee
    52-Baltimore-Limas Sweed-WR-Texas
    53-Arizona-Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie-CB-Tennesse State
    54-Jacksonville-Andre Caldwell-WR-Florida
    55-Washington-Dre Moore-DT-Maryland
    56-Tennessee-Ali Highsmith-LB-LSU
    57-Tampa Bay-Dorien Bryant-WR-Purdue
    58-San Diego-Jonathan Goff-LB-Vanderbilt
    59-Seattle-BJ Raji-DT-Boston College
    60-Pittsburgh-Jeff Otah-T-Pittsburgh
    61-Green Bay-Martin Rucker-TE-Missouri
    62-Indianapolis-Beau Bell-LB-UNLV
    63-Dallas-Steve Justice-C-Wake Forest
    64-New England-Dwight Lowery-CB-San Jose State

Love the first Giants pick. That one will be popular with the fan base here at NFLDC. A WR in the second round? Not so crazy about. That would make it the third year in a row we take a WR in round 2. Not so sure that is worth the value there.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
      15-Philadelphia-Sam Baker-T-USC-combination of the Eagles always picking linemen early and the fact that their o-line was easier to penetrate than Paris Hilton makes this pick make sense.

Good pick, but you do know they had one bad game and most of it was the coaching? The way people talk about their line makes it seem like they're the 06 Raiders. They had one brutal game, the rest of the time they're regarded as one of the premiere lines in the league.

47-Philadephia-Allen Patrick-RB-Oklahoma

Definitely intriguing. Westbrook is continuously on the injured report though he usually plays, and they just drafted Tony Hunt, but maybe. Ali Highsmith, Jon Goff, Dwight Lowery, Martin Rucker would be stellar here.

Check out the comments

Comment

Ugh, Get rid of Ikegwuonu to the Steelers and give us mike Jenkins.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Chris Williams will be in these rounds at least by Draft Time. Watch the game this Saturday against Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            Love the first Giants pick. That one will be popular with the fan base here at NFLDC. A WR in the second round? Not so crazy about. That would make it the third year in a row we take a WR in round 2. Not so sure that is worth the value there.
            I agree. Ali Highsmith might be a nice addition there.

Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
              Chris Williams will be in these rounds at least by Draft Time. Watch the game this Saturday against Georgia
              If Erin Henderson and Brandon Flowers stay for their Senior seasons (Which I hope)

I want Pittsburgh to draft Chris Williams in Round 1 or trade down somehow in round 2 and grab him in the top 5-10 of round 2.

Being the best LT of the SEC means something.. especially when you see who he hasn't given up sacks to..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                If Erin Henderson and Brandon Flowers stay for their Senior seasons (Which I hope)

I want Pittsburgh to draft Chris Williams in Round 1 or trade down somehow in round 2 and grab him in the top 5-10 of round 2.

Being the best LT of the SEC means something.. especially when you see who he hasn't given up sacks to..
                Chris Williams aproves your opinion, +rep

Comment

1-Miami-Calais Campbell-DE-Miami-is it just me or is Jason Taylor screaming "we suck" after every game? I'm not saying I think he's gonna be gone, but he almost retired last year and he obviously isn't having fun. either way, a 6' 8" pass rusher never hurts and he is one of the best players available. allthough the best pick might be Doc Brown and his flux capacitor so they can go back to last April and pick Brady Quinn.

Hmm We like the QB we drafted last year so no need for Quinn.

Campbell is not BPA in the draft even if he is a nice player.

He doesnt fit our system either.

We would take BPA there whatever the position (except QB).

Dorsey would be a better pick.

the second round pick is horrible too even if he is good value we need oline.

RT
                  OG
                  NT
                  S

Those are biggest 4 needs you addressed none of them.

Comment

I know not ALL Jets fans will like it with Leon showing some bursts and all the money invested in Jones but my man crush on McFadden overtakes any thoughts like that and Okam's talent is good enough for me. Add that to all three BC guys going top 40 and although i haven't read many mocks in a while, this is a solid draft

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

6-Atlanta-Brian Brohm-QB-Louisville-Joey Harrington has played admirably and with a RB, he may be able to succeed. The damn thing is...if they lose enough games to get McFadden, I could see 'em doing that and Harrington doing pretty well in '08 with a great young back and a very solid recieving core of White, Jenkins and Crumpler...but the way it plays out, Harrington wins just enough games to screw himself out a job.

- good pick

38-Atlanta-Mike Hart-RB-Michigan

- we don't need a dunn type back, we need a power back. but what we need more is a OT. we would get OT Tony Hills here.

48-Houston-Barry Richardson-T-Clemson

- this pick belongs to Atlanta. keep the pick the same though, just make sure it's Atlanta next time.
                      Last edited by scar988; 10-09-2007, 06:28 PM.

Owner of ScarDraft
                      Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Nice Skins mock. Bowman is the big WR Campbell needs in this offense, and it's a reasonable pick with all of the dominate DEs chosen.

I love the Dre Moore pick, because I'm a huge Terps homer :)

Comment

Just like every other mock that includes a OT and QB (that isn't Brennan)for the Bears i like it. I really like Ainge though. I'd prefer Ainge in the 2nd over any other QB in the first outside of Woodson which I don't see falling to us.

Comment

I love the phins 1st pick, only because he is the best player in the draft, IMO. I don't really care that he doesn't fit our system all that well, the man will make plays in any system, Bottom line.

Mike Jenkins is a terrible pick there, he hasn't shown enough yet I don't think to be considered an early 2nd rounder. I would rather have Tribble there in that case if we are taking a corner.

What I would really like there is Jasper Brinkley, Tony Hills or Frank Okam.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                              I love the phins 1st pick, only because he is the best player in the draft, IMO. I don't really care that he doesn't fit our system all that well, the man will make plays in any system, Bottom line.

Mike Jenkins is a terrible pick there, he hasn't shown enough yet I don't think to be considered an early 2nd rounder. I would rather have Tribble there in that case if we are taking a corner.

What I would really like there is Jasper Brinkley, Tony Hills or Frank Okam.
                              I don't know what you've seen of Mike Jenkins but he's really shown that if very few of the Juniors come out that he might be one of the top 3 Senior CB's.

And Brinkley is out for the season and Likely for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information