Ima Mockz0rz your Box0rz!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ima Mockz0rz your Box0rz!

This is the first mock draft I've posted this year, and it's just a first rounder with explanations. The order was made by going purely by record and is quite inrealistic. But its a fake draft so I can have a fake order. So shoot me. There's no trades, and I did my best to go by need. If you want to criticize, I'll take it considering I don't know as much as you do about your respective team. So away we go...

1. St. Louis(0-5) - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU: I was torn between Calais Campbell, but for fear of the Rams coaching staff sticking another big DE at DT, I figured I'd just give them a DT. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that Dorsey is the best player in college football, and should be of immediate impact.

2. Miami(0-5) - Jake Long, OT, Michigan: Offensive tackle is a big need for the 'Fins, and Long is looking to be the best in the draft.

3. New Orleans(0-4) - Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas: This was the first pick that I had to think about. McAllister is likely done, and the jury is still out of Bush being able to carry the duties that a RB must do at the NFL level. McFadden isn't an epic need, but he instantly helps this team. It's not likely, but they could possibly trade down with a team who wants D-Mac.

4. Atlanta(1-4) - Sam Baker, OT, USC: I pondered LT or QB, and once I remembered Gandy is our for the season, I chose Baker, who may be the best pure LT in the draft. No sense in drafting a QB when you have OL issues. And besides, a QB can be had in the second in Brennen, Ainge, and someone else who may slip...

5. Buffalo(1-4) - Calais Campbell, DE, Miami(Fl.): The Bills have a few needs. DT and OLB come to mind, all of which would be reaches this high, so they take an upgrade at DE with Campbell. When you have the last ranked defense, you can just about upgrade any position.

6. NY Jets(1-4) - Vernon Gholston, OLB, OSU: There are no 3-4 NT's or DE's this high, which are needed as well, but they don't really have the personnel to run the 3-4 at, so they take someone who will thrive in it. Despite it being a bit high for him, Gholston will provide a pass rush from the OLB spot that the Jets need.

Alternate Pick: Chris Long, DE

7. Minnesota(1-3) - Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky: Does this need an explanation?

8. Philadelphia(1-3) - Kenny Philips, S, Miami(Fl.): Philips fills the safety need for the Eagles, and is of great value at this point.

9. Cincinatti(1-3) - Dan Connor, OLB, Penn. St.: The Bengals need defensive help, and have LB needs. They only had 3 active on their MNF game against the Pats. Not too much explanation is needed.

10. Dallas(f/ Cleveland(2-3)) - DeSean Jackson, WR, California: The 'Boys don't have too many needs and have the luxury of having a pick in the Top 10. I could go CB here, but one can be had in their second 1st RD pick. So I went with Jackson, who is BPA. WR's don't usually have an impact until their second or even third year, which will be when Terry Glenn and TO will be gone/living in assisted care. Until then, Jackson can be used primarily as a return man.

11. New England(f/ San Fran.(2-3)) - James Laurinitis, ILB, OSU: Again, this is a team with few needs who also hold a high pick. Naturally, I'm thinking they'd trade down since they're the Pats. But, since there aren't trades in this mock, I go with Laurinitis. Teddy Bruschi still has some get up, but Seau is likely to retire. And still, the Pat's ILB core are old in football years. So despite having a last name that sounds like a disease, Laurinitis gets the nod.

12. Kansas City(2-3) - Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College: The Chiefs have many woes on the offensive side of the ball, and the OL has noticably declined due to losing a few great players. A team that likes to run the ball needs a good run blocker, so the nod goes to Cherilus over Clady due to his mauling.

13. Oakland(2-3) - Derrick Harvery, DE, Florida: I thought about DE, DT, and OT for the Raiders, and decided to go with Harvey. Not necessarily my favorite player, but a need for a team who lacks a pass rush. So they get a perfect RDE.

14. Denver(2-3) - Ray Maualuga, MLB, USC: So, you lose you best MLB and replace him with an OLB, and suddenly you can't stop the run? Hmmmm, that's a tougher. The Broncos draft Ray Malalaaulauahalauahaga, and swing D.J. Williams back outside.

15. Chicago(2-3) - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College: I thought about Sed Ellis here, but honestly, how can they pass on a QB?

16. San Diego(2-3) - Frank Okam, NT/DE, Texas: I had no freaking clue who to put here, so I copied Scott. Help would be nice.

17. Detriot(3-2) - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona: Needless to say, CB is a need. Heck, DB period is a need. So I'm going with Cason here.

18. Tampa Bay(3-2) - Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC: I decide to go with Ellis here, since DT is a big need for the 'Bucs. Terrell Thomas was considered, due to their age at corner, as well as WR, but DT seemed more important.

19. Carolina(3-2) - Reggie Smith, FS, OU: Safety is probably their biggest starting need, but by the end of the season, Carr and Delhomme may disagree with that. Until then, Reggie Smith is the pick.

Alternate Pick: Ryan Clady, OT

20. Seattle(3-2) - John Carlson, TE, Notre Dame: Eh, I don't think any of the TE's deserve a pick in the 20's, but neither does a Guard, both of which are the 'Hawks's biggest needs. So I went with Carlson.

21. NY Giants(3-2) - Keith Rivers, OLB, USC: Kiwanuka is better at DE, and should go back there if Strahan retires. Rivers will be able to fill that role.

22. Houston(3-2) - Ryan Clady, OT, Boise St.: Houston has a few spots that should be upgraded. Safety is one, but there's no value. CB is another, but I like Fred Bennett. I thought about Jonathan Stewart, but decided with Clady who fills a need that has needed help for a while now.

Alternate Pick: Reggie Smith, DB

23. Arizone(3-2) - Quentin Goves, OLB, Auburn: They've made the switch to the 3-4 defense, and need personnel for it. I thought about CB, but thought that Groves was a better pick and they can assess CB and FS in later rounds.

24. Baltimore(3-2) - Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville: Not too many needs, and Brohm is a steal here. Boller is not the long term answer, and McNair certainly isn't. No QB on that roster seems to have the capability of making that a successful and consistent offense. And the Ravens are a good enough team that may not have a high pick to use on a QB. So if one like Brohm falls to them, they should take that opportinity.

25. Washington(3-1) - Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC: He fills a need at DE, and can be an every down DE in the NFL.

26. Jacksonville(3-1) - Earl Bennett, WR, Vanderbilt: I don't know much about the Jag's needs. Possibly OLB, but I remember the fans on here liking who they have. Possibly OL, but who? Reggie Williams and Matt Jones have played poorly and their status with the team is a question. So I went with Bennett, who may be the most complete WR in the draft and would compliment the WR corps well.

27. Tennessee(3-1) - Malcolm Kelly, WR, OU: The lack of playmakers on the Titans offense is pitiful. Jonathan Stewart was tempting, but due to the need at WR and the high picks spend on RB the last two draft, I went with Kelly.

28. Green Bay(4-1) - Terrell Thomas, CB, USC: Again, I wanted to go with Stewart, but CB is a need. A talent like Thomas's can't be found in the 2nd, and a solid RB can.

29. Pittsburgh(4-1) - Eric Young, OG, Tennessee: Alan Faneca will be gone soon, and the Steelers will have to look for their future at LG. A Guard usually works his way into the 1st RD, and so far Young is at the top.

30. Dallas(5-0) - Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas: With their second pick in the 1st RD, the 'Boys take a cornerback. TNew is one of the best, and Anthony Henry is playing well, but he's in his thirties now. They take care of a need, and have the ability to work in the rookie slowly.

31. New England(5-0) - Forfeited.

32. San Francisco(f/ Indianapolis(5-0)) - Early Doucet, WR, LSU: The 49ers could use that early pick, but unfortunately they're back here. I look to FS, but it may be too early for Hefney. So I picked Doucet, who would be a welcomed addition to that offense.
    Last edited by TitanHope; 10-10-2007, 01:32 AM.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Keith Rivers is a nice pick. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

way to go out on a limb... ohhhh well... good phins pick

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
        8. Philadelphia(1-3) - Kenny Philips, S, Miami(Fl.): Philips fills the safety need for the Eagles, and is of great value at this point.

31. New England(5-0) - Forfeited.

32. San Francisco(f/ Indianapolis(5-0)) - Early Doucet, WR, LSU: The 49ers could use that early pick, but unfortunately they're back here. I look to FS, but it may be too early for Hefney. So I picked Doucet, who would be a welcomed addition to that offense.
        Good Eagles pick, but how is your scenario going to happen with Indy winning and the Pats also making the SB?

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
          Good Eagles pick, but how is your scenario going to happen with Indy winning and the Pats also making the SB?
          Probably just power rankings.

Comment

I really like Gholston, but he isn't a top 10 pick. I could see the Jets trading down though and getting him or Harvey later in the draft.
            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
              I really like Gholston, but he isn't a top 10 pick. I could see the Jets trading down though and getting him or Harvey later in the draft.
              If Ted Ginn Jr can be a top 10 pick, anyone can.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                If Ted Ginn Jr can be a top 10 pick, anyone can.
                As long as Cam Cameron is head coach, anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305
                  way to go out on a limb... ohhhh well... good phins pick
                  Fair enough. Next time I'll give the Dolphins a crazy pick that most fans would hate. Teddy Ginn and DeSean Jackson would make one helluva one-two punch! ;)

Originally posted by TimDris
                  I agree, but I had no idea who to go with. Any suggestions without trading down?

Originally posted by SNIPER26
                  They're just power rankings, like Turtlepower said.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I agree, but I had no idea who to go with. Any suggestions without trading down?
                    I know it is reaching, but I love Sendrick Ellis and think he could be a great 3-4 DE.

Comment

Safety is a need for the Panthers, but with both starting OT's being free agents after this season and Ryan Clady still on the board....

Comment

Possibly, but not only is he a reach at #6 but he is also undersized at 6'1, 285. I would think Okam would be the better 3-4 DE, but he's not worth it there either. Chris Long maybe? I just realized that I forgot about him...
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Possibly, but not only is he a reach at #6 but he is also undersized at 6'1, 285. I would think Okam would be the better 3-4 DE, but he's not worth it there either. Chris Long maybe? I just realized that I forgot about him...
                          Same here. Great fit actually. =D

Comment

I like James Laurinaitis to NE a lot, good pick

Comment

Right on. I'll add an "Alternate Pick" portion and edit in possible options. That way I can keep my original intact.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information