Turtlepower Mock 2.0, 2 rounder!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtlepower Mock 2.0, 2 rounder!!!!

So, my second mock ever and my first 2 rounder.

1. Rams: OT, Jake Long, Michigan

When healthy, they have one of the best o-lines in the league. When not healthy, they have one of the worst o-lines due to their lack of depth. Long is one of the more versatile OT who is a great run blocker as well as an above-average pass blocker. He is better suited to play RT, but can switch over in case of injuries on the line.
    2. Dolphins: DT, Glenn Dorsey, LSU
    Cameron will not take a QB here due to him passing on Quinn for Beck in 07 Draft, so Dorsey is the best player to take. He might be more suited for a 4-3, but Dorsey has the motor and talent to play in a 3-4 just fine.
    3. Falcons: QB, Brian Brohm, Louisville
    QB is probably a unanimous choice for Atlanta because the Harrington/Leftwich experiment isnít going so well. The question is who do they pick? Brohm, Woodson or Ryan. Iím going with Brohm, but not because he goes a long way back with Petrino. Brohm is a more mobile QB than Woodson and much better on the short route. Brohm fits into Petrinoís offense much more than Woodson.
    4. Patriots (f/49ers): RB, Darren McFadden, Arkansas
    So, the Patriots get caught cheating and what happens to them? They get arguably the best player in the draft. Even though they drafted a more than capable RB in the first round 2 years ago (Lawrence Maroney), they havenít found a good combo runner with him. McFadden and Maroney along with Brady would probably create a deadly offense that pisses me off.
    5. Raiders: OT, Sam Baker, USC
    I really thought that Robert Gallery was going to pan out someday in Oakland, but that obviously never happened. Baker is an upgrade over Sims and Kiffin is very familiar with him from USC.
    6. Jets: DE, Chris Long, Virginia
    Since Switching to the 3-4, the Jets have boasted one of the worst rushing defenses in the NFL. Chris Long has shown at UVA that he will not only stop the run, but will get at the QB on passing plays.
    7. Vikings: QB, Andre Woodson, Kentucky
    Tavaris Jackson is garbage and Andre Woodson is gold. He has tremendous poise in the pocket, which is something that Jackson lacks. Now, this pick happens assuming Childress is fired because there is no way Childress admits defeat with drafting a 1st round QB 2 years after drafting Jackson.
    8. Bills: DT, Sendrick Ellis, USC
    The Bills are once again in the bottom of the league in rushing defense and have only amounted to 4 sacks in 6 games. Ellis is a disruptive force who compares favorably to Warren Sapp with his skill of getting to the QB.
    9. Bengals: DE, Calalis Campbell, Miami
    How the Bengals have fallen? I predicted this team to be in the playoffs, but their defense is not supporting that offense of theirs. Campbell is a prospect with all of the physical tools to succeed, but can sometimes disappear in games. Only 1 player (Justin Smith) has multiple sacks on the team (2), so Campbell would definitely be an upgrade on a d-line that is 31st in the league in Rushing Defense.
    10. Cardinals: DE/OLB, Quentin Groves, Auburn
    As the Cardinals switch to a 3-4 defense, Groves is the perfect fit to be a pass-rushing OLB.
    11. Broncos: S, Kenny Phillips, Miami
    A team that many picked to win the Super Bowl is now in the bottom 10. Their pass defense has been atrocious all year and the best DB in the league can seal that up.
    12. Eagles: OLB, Keith Rivers, USC
    With Takeo Spikes up their in age, a fresh talented OLB is needed. Rivers is great against the run and very nice in coverage.
    13. Bears: QB, Matt Ryan, Boston College
    Even though Ryan is the third QB off the board, it is not saying he is the 3rd best QB. Matt Ryan has amazing intangibles and underrated arm-strength. He could easily turn out to have the best rookie season due to the team around him. Even if Griese continues playing well, it is obvious he is not the future of the Bears.
    14. Saints: CB, Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State
    He is arguably the best CB in the draft and falls this far simply by chance. The Saints obvious biggest need it CB and they get a stud one.
    15. Chargers: ILB, James Laurinaitis, Ohio State
    The Chargers have stud OLB, but inside they are very slim. Laurinaitis is quick against the run and very nice in coverage. I project has a better ILB for a 3-4 than an ILB in a 4-3.
    16. Texans: OT, Phil Loadholt, Oklahoma
    Loadholt has the potential to be the best OT of this class, but he has only played 1 full year of D-1 football. The Texans O-line has played well this year, but they have room for improvement. Loadholtís stock will never be as high as it is right now, so I see him coming out.
    17. Panthers: DB, Reggie Smith, Oklahoma
    He can play FS with his reported 4.45 speed and is range across the field. The Panthers would also think about Maulaluga, but safety is a bigger need.
    18. Lions: ILB, Rey Maulaluga, USC
    He is a man-beast that lost some of his preseason hype due to USCís offense not playing up to expectations. Their defense is still ranked top-10 in the country thanks to the like of Maulaluga ranging everywhere on the field.
    19. Seahawks: WR, Desean Jackson, Cal
    Save for Branch, the Seahawks lack a solid #2 receiver and Jackson is more than capable of filling that void with exceptional hands, route running, and speed. Nate Burleson has showed that he is not suited to be a PR this year, so Jackson comes in and helps the team be at least 5 yards deeper at the start of a drive. (On a side note, I though the Titans would pick Ginn at #19 last year, but we see what happened there.)
    20. Chiefs: OT, Gosder Cherilus, Boston College
    Kansas Cityís problems outreach their QB play (which wonít be addressed until Brodie Croyle has been given a chance). A new o-line needs to be brought in and Cherilus can help get it done. On a side not, if they donít resign Jared Allen this could easily turn into a DE.
    21. Ravens: CB, Aqib Talib, Kansas
    The Ravens need a CB, but not dramatically. Their biggest need is probably QB, but there are none with enough value to take here. It is a toss-up between Talib, Cason, and King, but Talib has been playing amazing this year, so he is the choice.
    22. Dallas (f/Browns): CB, Justin King, Penn St.
    The Cowboys need a #2 CB to play opposite Newman and King has the speed to do that.
    23. Buccaneers: OT, Ryan Clady, Boise St.
    With constant injuries and age at the o-line, they need someone who can fill the wholes that will be created at LT and Clady has shown he can be that guy. He was amazing last year and started the season off poorly this year, but has played well as of late.
    24. Redskins: DE, Derrick Harvey, Florida
    A stud DE from Florida comes out, but falls this far due to other teamís needs. The Redskins passed on a DE last year for Laron Landry, but I donít see them passing on a DE again.
    25. Titans: WR, Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma
    The entire Oklahoma team decides to come out early and Kelly gets picked up by the Titans to improve their lackluster core of WRs.
    26. Jaguars: WR, Harry Douglas, Louisville
    It was funny how at the beginning of the year, everyone was positive that the Jags would be picking in the top-10 and grabbing a QB. Well, David Garrard has so far proven to be a more than capable QB (albeit for half a season) and the Jags address a WR (again). Douglas has gone up on my board not only because of the great season he is having, but also from the injuries of seniors Limas Sweed and Early Doucet.
    27. Packers: CB, Antoine Cason, Arizona
    Packers have age at CB and Cason will be a great replacement to Woodson when (or if) he retires. Cason might be a little slow, but he more than makes up for it with his cover-corner skills.
    28. Cowboys: OT, Tony Hills, Texas
    I donít care what any Cowboy fan says about Doug Free being the eventual replacement of Flozell ďFalse Start #74Ē Adams because even if Free is the replacement, there is no depth on the line. I am personally not a fan of Marco Columbo and I see Free eventually replacing him on the right side.
    29. Steelers: RB, Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
    They are a team that loves a dual-running back system and Stewart manages to fall into their grasp.
    30. 49ers (f/Colts): NT, Dre Moore, Maryland
    Dre Moore just keeps on climbing peopleís draft boards, but that was when he started as a Day 1 pick. He is a huge run-stuffer and a perfect fit as a NT on a 49ers team that lacks one.
    31. Giants: FS, Nic Harris, Oklahoma
    Harris has replaced an ineffective Darien Williams and has been a rock in the Sooners secondary. He ran a 4.5 out of high school and will replace Gibril Wilson at FS because he should be playing SS.
    32. Patriots: Forfeited due to them cheating.
    33. Rams: OLB, Dan Connor, Penn St.
    34. Dolphins: OL, Michael Oher, Ole Miss
    35. Falcons: RB, Tashard Choice, Georgia Tech
    36. 49ers: OT, Chris Williams, Vanderbilt
    37. Raiders: RB, Mike Hart, Michigan
    38. Jets: CB, Mike Jenkins, South Florida
    39. Vikings: FS, Thomas DeCoud, Cal
    40. Bills: CB, Terrell Thomas, USC
    41. Bengals: OG, Eric Young, Tennessee
    42. Cardinals: ILB, Jonathan Goff, Vanderbilt
    43. Broncos: WR, Limas Sweed, Texas
    44. Eagles: WR, Early Doucet, LSU
    45. Bears: OT, Barry Richardson, Clemson
    46. Saints: FS, Jonathan Hefney, Tennessee
    47. Dolphins (f/SD): NT, Red Bryant, Texas A&M
    48. Falcons (f/Hou): DT, Frank Okam, Texas
    49. Panthers: ILB, Vince Hall, Virginia Tech
    50. Lions: OT, King Dunlap, Auburn
    51. Seahawks: OG, Kirk Barton, Ohio State
    52. Chiefs: OLB, Beau Bell, UNLV
    53. Ravens: QB, Erik Ainge, Tennessee
    54. Browns: NT, DeMario Pressley, N.C. State
    55. Buccaneers: CB, Zack Bowman, Nebraska
    56. Redskins: WR, D.J. Hall, Alabama
    57. Titans: CB, Tracy Porter, Indiana
    58. Jaguars: DE, Lawrence Jackson, USC
    59. Packers: TE, Fred Davis, USC
    60. Cowboys: WR, Andre Caldwell, Florida
    61. Steelers: CB, DeJuan Tribble, Boston College
    62. Colts: DT, B.J. Raji, Boston College
    63. Giants: OLB, Phillip Wheeler, Georgia Tech
    64. Patriots: ILB, Xavier Adibi, Virginia Tech

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

I dont like the Brohm pick. I think Woodson is a better QB, and he would be a fine fit. Woodson, IMO is more mobile than Brohm also.

In the 2nd, We would rather take Barry Richardson cause weneed help on OL.

Good pick with Okam.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Two Defensive Tackle??? Not one of our first 3 picks addressing our terrible secondary?? It's a decent mock overall but that just doesnt make much sense.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
        I dont like the Brohm pick. I think Woodson is a better QB, and he would be a fine fit. Woodson, IMO is more mobile than Brohm also.
        You're smoking crack if you think that Woodson is as mobile as Brohm.

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
        Two Defensive Tackle??? Not one of our first 3 picks addressing our terrible secondary?? It's a decent mock overall but that just doesnt make much sense.
        My philosphy is that it all starts up front... But you are right. I probably will change one of those second round picks in my next mock.
        Last edited by Turtlepower; 10-22-2007, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Finally see the fact that KC isn't going to pick in the top-five, huh?

I'll give you credit for that. At least I can see your logic on their pick which is in a slot which might actually happen, unlike #6 overall.

Comment

I like the direction you go with the Panthers in the first, but I doubt we'd look at Maulaluga. Beason has looked great at MLB so far. More likely if we passed on Smith it'd be for an OT. Obviously I don't like the 2nd pick based on what I just said about not looking at Maulaluga.

Comment

2. Dolphins: DT, Glenn Dorsey, LSU
              Cameron will not take a QB here due to him passing on Quinn for Beck in 07 Draft, so Dorsey is the best player to take. He might be more suited for a 4-3, but Dorsey has the motor and talent to play in a 3-4 just fine.

Good pick, I like it, if we don’t trade back it would be a very nice pick up.

34. Dolphins: OL, Michael Oher, Ole Miss

Nice pick uup, I like his ability and talents specially on the right side. I would not mind Mike Jenkins here either as I think he will be a nice CB

47. Dolphins (f/SD): NT, Red Bryant, Texas A&M

Nice pick up

NT, DE, RT

I like it, it is a very good draft and I think it would help alot. Perhaps we can snag some secondary within FA as well

Comment

Originally posted by JPF View Post
                I like the direction you go with the Panthers in the first, but I doubt we'd look at Maulaluga. Beason has looked great at MLB so far. More likely if we passed on Smith it'd be for an OT. Obviously I don't like the 2nd pick based on what I just said about not looking at Maulaluga.
                Well, this just goes to show what I lack in knowledge about the Panthers. I thought that Beason was being groomed as an OLB, but if he is at MLB, then I will definately change that second-round pick.

Comment

would rather have mike Jenkins in the first.

Comment

Oh how tempting Phillips would be in Arizona, I really would love the draft if you made that pick, it has worked out for the Redskins and Wilson and Phillips would arguably be better than those two, plus Pace and Berry have done a pretty decent job out OLB

Comment

Originally posted by osi+ap=allshallperish View Post
                      would rather have mike Jenkins in the first.
                      I am just really fond of Nic Harris and find Mike Jenkins a tad overrated. If Jenkins runs a sub 4.4, then I would take him, but I would rather have a safety than a corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                        Well, this just goes to show what I lack in knowledge about the Panthers. I thought that Beason was being groomed as an OLB, but if he is at MLB, then I will definately change that second-round pick.
                        Beason has started the last two games at MLB and we've looked like an entirely different defense. Though with our luck, Fox will continue his infatuation with veterans and start Dan Morgan at MLB when he gets healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                          Oh how tempting Phillips would be in Arizona, I really would love the draft if you made that pick, it has worked out for the Redskins and Wilson and Phillips would arguably be better than those two, plus Pace and Berry have done a pretty decent job out OLB
                          So you could have Wilson Phillips?

Originally posted by Jakey
                          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

You do realize that anthony henry is the CB opposite Newman in Dallas and that he had 4 picks before he got hurt...again....just thought I would let you know...King would probably just have some nickel time to start off.

Second of all you show your lack of knowledge when you talk about people seeing Free on the left side....why you ask? How about because in the 3rd round last year we drafted James Marten out of BC. He is being groomed as our RT of the future. Then you go on further about the depth...but our current swing tackle is 2006 draft pick Patrick McQwisten who also has shown his ability to play at a high level. So you truly don't understand our tackle situation.

Comment

good 1st for KC but in the 2nd give us Tribble because we really need to add youth and depth at CB

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information