Jakeys' First-Ever Round 1 Mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jakeys' First-Ever Round 1 Mock

This is my first attempt ever guys...so go easy on me ;)

I tried to take into account team needs and pick value and all that jazz...if you've got any feedback that would cool. Thanks

I'm not gonna coment on all the picks...becuase some of them are self explanitary.

1) Miami Dolphins: GLENN DORSEY - DT/DE LSU

2) New England Patriots: JAKE LONG - OT Michigan (Good teams start in the trenches...and Long could learn for a year or two, and then eventually take over at either LT or RT. The pats have bigger needs at LB and CB, but there is no value here at all.)

3) Oakland Raiders: DARREN McFADDEN - RB Arkansas (Lamont Jordan is about falling in half...and i wouldnt want huggie-bear being my featured back. Plus, McFadden is too good to pass up on!)

4) St. Louis Rams: CHRIS LONG - DE Virginia (The Rams would love to land Jake Long...but seems he is off the board, they settle for the second best Long instead.)

5) NY Jets: SEDRICK ELLIS - DT/DE USC (The Jets are also pissed off...because Chris Long is off the board. So they settle for the next best D-line prospect available...and shift Ellis to 3-4 DE.)

6) Atlanta Falcons: BRIAN BROHM - QB Louisville

7) Cincinnati Bengals: KENNY PHILLIPS - S Miami (The Bungles are serioisly lacking on the D-Line...but theres no value here. So they sure up there secondary, and add a playmaker like Phillips.)

8) Baltimore Ravens: MALCOM JENKINS - CB Ohio St (Abit of a shocker here...most ppl expect them to take a QB...either Ryan or Woodson...but i dont see them spending another 1st rounder on a QB, untill they have given Boller another chance. They are also lacking CB depth, and their starting corners are on the down side of thier careers...so they add the best CB of the draft in Malcom Jenkins.)

9) New Orleans Saints: JAMES LAURINAITIS - LB Ohio St

10) Carolina Panthers: DAN CONNOR - LB Penn St (May be a tad high...but i think Connor is better suited in their scheme than Keith Rivers...so it should pay off in the long run.)

11) Kansas City Chiefs: RYAN CLADY - OT Boise St

12) Minnesota Vikings: MATT RYAN - QB Boston College

13) Chicago Bears: ANDRE WOODSON - QB Kentucky

14) Houston Texans: JONATHAN STEWART - RB Oregon (All round good prospect...kinda reminds me of Ahman Green in his prime.)

15) Arizona Cardinals: VERNON GHOLSTON - Ohio St (The Cards could do with an elite passrusher to implement thier 3-4 scheme properly...and Gholston is a physical freak! Derrick Harvey might be more highly touted...but i think Gholston has got more upside.)

16) Philadelphia Eagles: JAMES HARDY - WR Indiana (Great prospect...and a personal favourite of mine...i think he could become Philly's best reciever in his rookie year...and he would add a big target for whoever is at QB.)

17) Buffalo Bills: MALCOM KELLY - WR Oklahoma

18) Denver Broncos: KEITH RIVERS - LB USC

19) Washington Redskins: CALAIS CAMPBELL - DE Miami (He's been abit quiet this year...but he is monster value at this point. The Redskins D' could quickly become one of the best in the league...they have allot of young talent! WR could also be an option here.)

20) San Diego Chargers: FRANK OKAM - NT Texas (I'm not really sold on Okam as a 3-4 NT...but Scott seems to think he can do it...so i'll take his word for it.)

21) Seattle Seahawks: STEVE SLATON - RB W.Virginia (Might be abit undersised...but he is a playmaker...and Alexander is like my Grandpa'...he needs a replacement quick!)

22) Dallas Cowboys: REGGIE SMITH - S Oklahoma

23) Detriot Lions: AQIB TALIB - CB Kansas

24) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: SAM BAKER - OT USC (Too good to pass up on here...but DeSean Jackson could also be the pick.)

25) Tennessee Titans: DeSEAN JACKSON - WR California

26) Jacksonville Jaguars: MIKE JENKINS - CB South Florida

27) NY Giants: ANTOINE CASON - CB Arizona

28) Pittsburgh Steelers: JEFF OTAH - OT Pitt

29) San Francisco 49ers: DERRICK HARVEY - OLB Florida (Could form a monster group of Linebackers...along with P Willie and Manny Lawson. That would be pretty scary!)

30) Green Bay Packers: CHRIS WILLIAMS - OT Vanderbilt (Some ppl might think its abit of a reach...but i think it would be a great move! He could learn for a year and eventually take over...be it at LT or RT, Left Tackles are hard to find...so late round 1 is good value in my eyes.)

31) Dallas Cowboys: ADARIUS BOWMAN - WR Oklahoma St (Could be risky with the injury...but the 'Boys can afford to be risky, they havnt got any glaring needs! Plus they will probably be losing Crayton soon...and no1 knows how Terry Glenn is going to recover. If he heals well...this will be a steal.)
    Last edited by Jakey; 11-23-2007, 10:14 AM.

Sorry but that may be the most annoying way i have ever seen a mock posted

but it's a decent mock, Cardinals pick is good, rather have Campbell the man is a beast and no way he falls past us

Comment

Giants WR?

Burress. Toomer. Smith. Moss.

DEFENSE PLEASE!

Paul

New York Giants
      New York Yankees
      New York Knicks (unfortunately)
      UConn Basketball
      Virginia Tech Football
      UConn Football

Comment

Solid Dallas picks.

Bowman may be to slow. We already have two good possesion guys in Crayton and Hurd. Add in Miles Austin. We should get a WR with some speed.

Comment

Ellis seems to be too short to be a 3-4 DE, if we wanted a guy like him at end we could stick Dwayne Robertson in there. Phillips or Jenkins would be a better pick there IMO.

Comment

Great Redskins pick :)

Comment

I like the Vikings pick.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Um Philly's football team is the Eagles, not the Phillies.

Good pick

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                  Um Philly's football team is the Eagles, not the Phillies.

Good pick
                  haha i know i didnt mean 'Phillies', i meant Philly as in the knickname for Philadephia...i thought that might cause some confussion

...i hope that clears it up =D

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                    2) New England Patriots: JAKE LONG - OT Michigan (Good teams start in the trenches...and Long could learn for a year or two, and then eventually take over at either LT or RT. The pats have bigger needs at LB and CB, but there is no value here at all.)
                    Jake Long? I have a hard time seeing the Patriots. Not when I hear about (and see) Tom Brady week after week sitting back in the pocket..... writing home to mom..... knitting sweaters...... deciphering string theory.....

4) St. Louis Rams: CHRIS LONG - DE Virginia (The Rams would love to land Jake Long...but seems he is off the board, they settle for the second best Long instead.)
                    I would think that between
                    1. Drafting Adam Carriker last year.
                    2. 17 sacks this season so far.

that St. Louis would be looking for a smaller speed rusher to get to the quarterback.

5) NY Jets: SEDRICK ELLIS - DT/DE USC (The Jets are also pissed off...because Chris Long is off the board. So they settle for the next best D-line prospect available...and shift Ellis to 3-4 DE.)
                    You see, this is why I'm so worried about the Jets drafting this early. It doesn't seem like anyone really fits what the Jets need in the 3-4.

If the Jets were willing to go with a shorter DE (like Dorsey or Ellis would be), why not just put DeWayne Robertson there? If the Jets were willing to go with a 6'4 285 DE (like Chris Long), why not just stick with Shaun Ellis?

8) Baltimore Ravens: MALCOM JENKINS - CB Ohio St (Abit of a shocker here...most ppl expect them to take a QB...either Ryan or Woodson...but i dont see them spending another 1st rounder on a QB, untill they have given Boller another chance. They are also lacking CB depth, and their starting corners are on the down side of thier careers...so they add the best CB of the draft in Malcom Jenkins.)
                    Another chance? Boller's been in the NFL since 2003. How many chances does he get?

20) San Diego Chargers: FRANK OKAM - NT Texas (I'm not really sold on Okam as a 3-4 NT...but Scott seems to think he can do it...so i'll take his word for it.)
                    Do the Chargers need a 3-4 NT?

Comment

[QUOTE=Crickett;741873]
                      Jake Long? I have a hard time seeing the Patriots. Not when I hear about (and see) Tom Brady week after week sitting back in the pocket..... writing home to mom..... knitting sweaters...... deciphering string theory.....
                      I cant see them pickin McFadden simply because it would be a wasted pick, Maroney is a starting caliber back. They could trade the pick, or pick McFadden and tade one of them.

I would think that between
                      1. Drafting Adam Carriker last year.
                      2. 17 sacks this season so far.

that St. Louis would be looking for a smaller speed rusher to get to the quarterback.
                      I cant see any 1 with more value at that point...maybe Phillips or Jenkins???

You see, this is why I'm so worried about the Jets drafting this early. It doesn't seem like anyone really fits what the Jets need in the 3-4.

If the Jets were willing to go with a shorter DE (like Dorsey or Ellis would be), why not just put DeWayne Robertson there? If the Jets were willing to go with a 6'4 285 DE (like Chris Long), why not just stick with Shaun Ellis?
                      Because Long and Sedrick Ellis are better than Shaun Ellis...and plus hight is abit overrated on the D-line...Casy Hampton is only 6-1"...and he's a NT.

Another chance? Boller's been in the NFL since 2003. How many chances does he get?
                      1 more :D

Do the Chargers need a 3-4 NT?
                      I'm not sure how old Williams is now...but i'm pretty sure he is over 30. Adding a replacement to groom now, wouldnt be a bad decision.

Comment

i wouldn't mind CHRIS LONG or CALAIS CAMPBELL

Comment

I want to actually see somebody give us a position that's not QB.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                            I've seen a few of them. One gave us Kenny Phillips and one gave us Jackson.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                              the vikings major needs are first QB then DB. the class is very stong at DB so u can wait however the QB position must be addressed in round 1 unless u want to take another project player like tavaris jackson.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information