Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joint Mock by the NFLDC Post Leader and Best Admin!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint Mock by the NFLDC Post Leader and Best Admin!

JBond93 and Draftguru151 bring you a hard hitting mock draft. I added explanations, DG can add his in later.

Draftguru=Odds

JBond=Evens

1. Miami Dolphins-Darren McFadden RB/Arkansas

2. New England Patriots f/ San Francisco 49ers-Vernon Gholston DE/Ohio State

Maybe a homer pick, but I don’t see Long as a need, and NE needs another rush backer IMO. I could see them taking another OSU defender or Chris Long if McFadden is gone, but Gholston as a 3-4 OLB could crush.

3. St. Louis Rams-Ryan Clady OT/Boise State

4. Oakland Raiders-Glenn Dorsey DT/LSU

Simple pick here for me, Oakland STILL needs some help on the D-Line, and Dorsey would help them right that ship.

5. New York Jets-Chris Long DE/Virginia

6. Cincinnati Bengals-Calais Campbell DE/Miami

I thought about Laurinaitis, but Campbell is a difference maker who could get a pass rush that Cinci needs. If healthy, he could turn there defense around some, but they still need a lot of help.

7. Atlanta Falcons-Brian Brohm QB/Louisville

8. New Orleans Saints-Malcolm Jenkins CB/Ohio State

New Orleans NEEDS to sure up pass defense and Jenkins is easily the best CB. He would come in and start immediately.

9. Baltimore Ravens-Andre Woodson QB/Kentucky

10. Kansas City Chiefs-Jake Long OT/Michigan

Should Jake have fallen this far? Definitely not, and KC with LJ healthy could dominate with Long. He would fit in nicely in KC.

11. Minnesota Vikings-Matt Ryan QB/Boston College

12. Carolina Panthers-James Laurinaitis LB/Ohio State

Damn, all the Qbs are gone. Laurinaitis could fill in for Dan Morgan soon enough and give the Panthers someone who will turn there defense around.

13. Chicago Bears-Jeff Otah OT/Pitt

14. Arizona Cardinals-Aqib Talib CB/Kansas

I actually like Arizona a lot, but their corners leave something to be desired. Talib is a beast and he could hammer down one of the sides of the Arizona defense, making their underrated D even better.

15. Houston Texans-Kenny Phillips S/Miami

16. Buffalo Bills-DeSean Jackson WR/Cal

A bit strange pick here, but I think they need help for young Trent Edwards. I thought about O-line or D-line, but I think a playmaker to pair with Evans is what Buffalo really needs.

17. Denver Broncos-Sedrick Ellis DT/USC

18. San Diego Chargers-Gosder Cherilus OT/Boston College

Not many holes on SD, but you can never have enough O-lineman. I like Olivea, but another RT may be nice to have to keep Rivers development and LT going.

19. Philadelphia Eagles-Malcolm Kelly WR/Oklahoma

20. Washington Redskins-Derrick Harvey DE/Florida

He just seems to have a skillset that fits in Washington. They need to beef up their D-line, and no Dts have good value, so Harvey is who works here.

21. Seattle Seahawks-Jonathan Stewart RB/Oregon

22. Dallas Cowboys f/ Cleveland Browns-Mike Jenkins CB/South Florida

No doubt need that help in the secondary. Rather than go for a safety, I’m content adding depth at CB for Dallas. Brining in a guy who brings physicality seems to be what Dallas needs.

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Sam Baker OT/USC

24. Tennessee Titans-Chris Williams OT/Vanderbilt

I don’t think Tennessee anywhere. That being said, I don’t know if they need to go WR in the 1st round. D-line doesn’t show me much value here, so once again, I look at O-line. Though Roos and Stewart are solid, they could go with the hometown guy in Williams as a value pick based on his athleticism.

25. Detroit Lions-Reggie Smith CB/Oklahoma

26. Pittsburgh Steelers-Limas Sweed WR/Texas

Tomlin showed he isn’t afraid to draft an injured player with potential. With the speedy Holmes, Pittsburgh needs the bigger WR who can make all the catches. That places Sweed right above Doucet, and a wise choice for Pittsburgh.

27. Jacksonville Jaquars-Quentin Groves DE/Auburn

28. New York Giants-Keith Rivers LB/USC

Value pick, and I just have a good feeling that he fits with the NYG defense. They need to upgrade at LB and in the secondary, but LB is the place to start.

29. San Francisco 49ers f/ Indianapolis Colts-Tyson Jackson DE/LSU

30. Green Bay Packers-Dan Connor LB/PSU

I don’t buy a RB for GB. Grant is looking good. Their corners need sured up, but no one jumps out to me. Hawk and Barnett are beasts, so why not add another physical player up front. Dan Connor is another Big Ten, tough LB to round out all three.

31. Dallas Cowboys-Rashard Mendenhall RB/Illinois

32. New England Patriots –Casey Dick QB/Arkansas

They need a new QB, no doubt, Casey Dick is it. And yes, this is worse than forfeiting the pick.
    Last edited by Shane P. Hallam; 11-24-2007, 04:52 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Sedrick Ellis to Denver - very nice!

Comment

Keith Rivers= godly

Comment

Explanation for the first pick, I don't like the fit of Long or Dorsey, McFadden is the player that will help out the most. I'm not sure if I buy it 100% right now, but I was pretty bored and just to see how things went. I'll get to the others tomorrow.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

DeSean Jackson to Buffalo is a horrible pick. Jackson doesn't bring anything that Buffalo doesn't already have. WR is a position of need but we need a bigger more physical guy

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
            DeSean Jackson to Buffalo is a horrible pick. Jackson doesn't bring anything that Buffalo doesn't already have. WR is a position of need but we need a bigger more physical guy
            Come on Kevin, you know you love me. I recognize that, but my thought is that Buffalo just doesn't have a playmaker. Lee Evans has never shown up for the first half of a season in his career, Parrish and every other WR is a joke. I think they go with the best WR available, and that is Jackson, add to the ability to flat out just make plays, and that is all.

You could bust out so much crap to criticize the big (and rightfully so,) so feel free, but I'll stick by it.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
              Come on Kevin, you know you love me. I recognize that, but my thought is that Buffalo just doesn't have a playmaker. Lee Evans has never shown up for the first half of a season in his career, Parrish and every other WR is a joke. I think they go with the best WR available, and that is Jackson, add to the ability to flat out just make plays, and that is all.

You could bust out so much crap to criticize the big (and rightfully so,) so feel free, but I'll stick by it.
              I'd much rather have Malcolm Kelly over DeSean Jackson. Heck DeSean Jackson wouldn't even be our best return man with Terrence McGee in front of him

Comment

I'm dissapointed in you JBond. Conner would be our third first round LB. That'd give us the best LB corp in the league, but 3 studs really isn't necessary. Corner would be a much better pick.

Comment

No way Clady is a top 5 pick right now and he certainly won't go ahead of Jake Long.

Comment

Originally posted by superfly69 View Post
                    No way Clady is a top 5 pick right now and he certainly won't go ahead of Jake Long.
                    Based on potential it could happen but Jake Long certainly is the safer pick

Comment

the #2 pick was a homer pick if i'd ever see 1

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                        I'm dissapointed in you JBond. Conner would be our third first round LB. That'd give us the best LB corp in the league, but 3 studs really isn't necessary. Corner would be a much better pick.
                        No corner made me feel good...

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

I'd like to see a corner for the Packers, but I could live with Connor.

Comment

Dorsey...Long. Long...Dorsey. Hard to complain either way.

Comment

Very Good Ravens pick. Woodson is a beast.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information