Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Mock on Mock Action!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hot Mock on Mock Action!!!

    You know the drill...Constructive criticism si-vous plait


    1. Miami Dolphins (1-14): Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    2. Atlanta Falcons (3-13): Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
    3. St. Louis Rams (4-12): Chris Long, DE, Virginia
    4. Kansas City Chiefs (4-12): Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
    5. Oakland Raiders (4-12): Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
    6. New York Jets (4-12): Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB, Ohio State
    7. Baltimore Ravens (4-12): Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
    8. New England Patriots f/ SF: James Laurinaitis, MLB, Ohio State
    9. Carolina Panthers (6-10): Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State
    10. Denver Broncos (6-10): Kenny Phillips, S, Miami (FL)
    11. Cincinnati Bengals (7-9): Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
    12. Arizona Cardinals (7-9): Mike Jenkins, CB, USF
    13. New Orleans Saints (7-9): Malcolm Jenkins, CB, OSU
    14. Buffalo Bills (7-9): Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
    15. Chicago Bears (7-9): Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
    16. Houston Texans (8-8): Keith Rivers, LB, USC
    17. Detriot Lions (8-8): Calais Campbell, DE, Miami (FL)
    18. Philadelphia Eagles (8-8): DeSean Jackson, WR, Cal
    19. Minnesota Vikings (9-7): Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
    20. Tennessee Titans (10-6): Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson
    21. Washington Redskins (9-7): Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy
    22. Dallas Cowboys f/ Cleveland: Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
    23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (10-6): Early Doucet, WR, LSU
    24. New York Giants (10-6): Sam Baker, OT, USC
    25. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5): Kentwan Balmer, DT/DE, North Carolina
    26. San Diego Chargers (11-5): Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
    27. Seattle Seahawks (11-5): Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
    28. Jacksonville Jaguars (11-5): Chris Ellis, DE, Virginia Tech
    29. Green Bay Packers (13-3): Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
    30. San Francisco 49ers f/ Indianapolis: Dre’ Moore, DL, Maryland
    31. Dallas Cowboys (13-3): Terrell Thomas, CB, USC
    32. New England Patriots (16-0): A New Hoody for Bill
    Last edited by adschofield; 12-29-2007, 12:49 AM.



    sig by BoneKrusher

    Originally posted by BuckNaked
    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

  • #2
    Gholston would be better for the phins.

    Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
      Gholston would be better for the phins.
      I orginally had that, but decided that it was a reach...didn't seem like a Parcells move...But honestly, that was the toughest pick in the mock



      sig by BoneKrusher

      Originally posted by BuckNaked
      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by adschofield View Post
        I orginally had that, but decided that it was a reach...didn't seem like a Parcells move...But honestly, that was the toughest pick in the mock
        It is most certainly a parcells move... much more so than an OT. He believes big time in shutdown corners and great pass rushers. He also has said that priority number one is building the defense back up so you have to believe it starts with one of those two positions, certainly not an offensive tackle.

        Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
          It is most certainly a parcells move... much more so than an OT. He believes big time in shutdown corners and great pass rushers. He also has said that priority number one is building the defense back up so you have to believe it starts with one of those two positions, certainly not an offensive tackle.
          Oh certainly position wise, it fits, but I see Gholston much more of a pick #10-#15 talent, and I don't think Parcells would reach on him



          sig by BoneKrusher

          Originally posted by BuckNaked
          Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by adschofield View Post
            Oh certainly position wise, it fits, but I see Gholston much more of a pick #10-#15 talent, and I don't think Parcells would reach on him
            Well that's where you and I disagree. In a perfect world, I would love to trade down with Atlanta and get the 4th or 5th pick instead, while also nabbing a 2nd rounder or so from them in exchange then nabbing Vernon there. But in the worst case scenario, I think Gholston would just have to be picked there, and would be most logical overall, especially with all the success that his position has had recently with guys like Joey Porter, Kamerion Wimbley, Julian Peterson, Damarcus Ware, and Shawne Merriman to name a few. Just my opinion.

            Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
              Well that's where you and I disagree. In a perfect world, I would love to trade down with Atlanta and get the 4th or 5th pick instead, while also nabbing a 2nd rounder or so from them in exchange then nabbing Vernon there. But in the worst case scenario, I think Gholston would just have to be picked there, and would be most logical overall, especially with all the success that his position has had recently with guys like Joey Porter, Kamerion Wimbley, Julian Peterson, Damarcus Ware, and Shawne Merriman to name a few. Just my opinion.
              In the end, I see Miami trading down, and nabbing Gholston, but I didn't want to include trades because it's gets all messy and confusing.



              sig by BoneKrusher

              Originally posted by BuckNaked
              Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                In the end, I see Miami trading down, and nabbing Gholston, but I didn't want to include trades because it's gets all messy and confusing.
                gotcha... i hope you're right. I believe it will in the end as well.

                Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

                Comment


                • #9
                  Parcells does like a huge offensive line, so it's not like Jake Long is unreasonable.

                  As for the Titans, I dislike the pick of Merling. The only reason DE is a need is because both Antwan Odom and Travis LaBoy are FA's at the end of this season. But, I doubt we let both go. If we're left with one, then we can find depth later in the draft. They're both injury prone, so I don't think they'll cost top dollar. Plus, Merling isn't tempting, as opposed to a Calais Campbell. A DE roation of Kyle Vanden Bosch, Odom, Merling, and Bryce Fisher would be sick, but we have bigger needs. Actually, DT may be more of a need than DE as we have no one to fill in for Haynesworth when he gets hurt. The reason we have trouble is because no one has Fat Al's size, strength, and athleticism that is important for out 1-gap scheme. I think Dre Moore could fill his role in our defense when Al goes down, and also play next to him. I think KVB, Haynesworth, Moore, Odom > KVB, Haynesworth, Tony Brown, Merling.

                  If Malcolm Kelly and Mario Manningham don't declare, I wouldn't touch WR in the 1st RD. A good value will be there in the 2nd RD in Marry Douglas, Bowman, or someone. Plus, Fred Davis would be great as well.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                  [@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I like Balmer...but not in round 1. Assuming Aaron Smith recovers well from his injury, i dont see it as a round 1 need. OT/OG/C/WR/CB are all bigger needs in my opinion. Not a bad mock though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Let's start with a simple fix. It's s'il vous plait. The rest of it may not be fixable.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You did nail three picks out of the top ten. I gave you the Jets, the Patriots and the Broncos. I just don't see this as close to anything but a disaster if teams go this way. Ouch. 2nd pick money for a QB in Atlanta and it is a guy like Ryan with DMac still on the board. Once again, let's try another first round pick like oh Jake Long. No problem with the player or the team taking him but the Tuna is not going to draft Long in the first with so many players available. I'm a Jake Long fan and I don't see it happening. Think another Long like Chris Long or Vernon Gholsten. Someone he could sign for less money if he cannot trade out of this slot. Atlanta may be looking to trade up for McFadden. There is no way he gets past Atlanta. Just my opinion. With that said, the rest of the top ten falls apart. On the bright side, you got going well in the second ten with the#11,12 and 13 picks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I want to strangle you for giving us Ryan over McFadden.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            giants pick is just awful considering Cason was sitting there for the taking.
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If the Jets slipped to 6 and still got Gholston I would be very, very happy.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information