etk's Day One Mock, with SURPRISE!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• etk's Day One Mock, with SURPRISE!

If you have any comments/concerns with any of the picks feel free to post constructive criticism. For those of you who need simple english, don't just say "bad pick, we don't need him". That will get you nowhere here. Conversely, a good convincing argument could lead to a change in picks and positive rep.

Enjoy! Feel free to ask me to explain any of the picks.

Mock

1st Round

1. Miami Dolphins - Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB.
    2. St. Louis Rams - Chris Long, DE.
    3. Oakland Raiders - Sedrick Ellis, DT.
    4. Kansas City Chiefs - Jake Long, OT.
    5. Atlanta Falcons - Ryan Clady, OT.
    6. New York Jets - Darren McFadden, RB.
    7. New England Patriots - Kenny Phillips, S.
    8. Baltimore Ravens - Malcolm Jenkins, CB.
    9. Cincinnati Bengals - Glenn Dorsey, DT.
    10. New Orleans Saints - Mike Jenkins, CB.
    11. Buffalo Bills - Malcolm Kelly, WR.
    12. Denver Broncos - Dan Connor, LB.
    13. Carolina Panthers - Brian Brohm, QB.
    14. Chicago Bears - Andre Woodson, QB.
    15. Detroit Lions - James Laurinaitis, LB.
    16. Arizona Cardinals - Quentin Groves, DE/OLB.
    17. Minnesota Vikings - DeSean Jackson, WR.
    18. Houston Texans - Jonathan Stewart, RB.
    19. Philadelphia Eagles - Keith Rivers, LB.
    20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Calais Campbell, DE.
    21. Washington Redskins - Kentwan Balmer, DL.
    22. Dallas Cowboys (f/CLE) - Charles Godfrey, CB.
    23. Pittsburgh Steelers - Phil Loadholt, OT.
    24. Tennessee Titans - Limas Sweed, WR.
    25. Seattle Seahawks - Martin Rucker, TE.
    26. New York Giants - Nic Harris, S.
    27. San Diego Chargers - Reggie Smith, DB.
    28. Jacksonville Jaguars - Derrick Harvey, DE.
    29. Dallas Cowboys - Rashard Mendenhall, RB.
    30. San Francisco 49ers (f/IND) - Early Doucet.
    31. Green Bay Packers - Antoine Cason, CB.

-----Forfeited Pick: New England-----

2nd Round

32. Miami Dolphins - Sam Baker, OT.
    33. St. Louis Rams - Matt Ryan, QB.
    34. Oakland Raiders - Phillip Merling, DE.
    35. Kansas City Chiefs - Aqib Talib, CB.
    36. Atlanta Falcons - Colt Brennan, QB.
    37. New York Jets - Shawn Crable, OLB.
    38. San Francisco 49ers - Dre Moore, DL.
    39. Baltimore Ravens - James Hardy, WR.
    40. Cincinnati Bengals - Martellus Bennett, TE.
    41. New Orleans Saints - Jerod Mayo, LB.
    42. Buffalo Bills - Erin Henderson, LB.
    43. Denver Broncos - Thomas DeCoud, S.
    44. Carolina Panthers - Jonathan Hefney, DB.
    45. Chicago Bears - Jeff Otah, OT.
    46. Detroit Lions - Brandon Flowers, CB.
    47. Arizona Cardinals - Jamaal Charles, RB.
    48. Minnesota Vikings - Frank Okam, DT.
    49. Atlanta Falcons (f/HOU) - Josh Barrett, S.
    50. Philadelphia Eagles - Gosder Cherilus, OT.
    51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Andre Caldwell, WR.
    52. Washington Redskins - Adarius Bowman, WR.
    53. Cleveland Browns - Kendall Langford, DE.
    54. Pittsburgh Steelers - Leodis McKelvin, CB.
    55. Tennessee Titans - Lawrence Jackson, DE.
    56. Seattle Seahawks - Chris Ellis, DE.
    57. New York Giants - Ali Highsmith, OLB.
    58. Miami Dolphins (f/SD) - Tracy Porter, CB.
    59. Jacksonville Jaguars - Harry Douglas, WR.
    60. Dallas Cowboys - Ahtyba Rubin, DT.
    61. Indianapolis Colts - Tommy Blake, DE.
    62. Green Bay Packers - Tavares Gooden, OLB.
    63. New England Patriots - Phillip Wheeler, LB.

Welcome everyone to the 2nd Day of the 2008 NFL Draft. The Miami Dolphins are on the clock with the 64th pick...

With the 64th selection in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select...

JordyZ RayZ NelsonZ, WR Kansas State

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RaYgGSHJ5hM&feature=related

sig by BoneKrusher

LOL CLASSIC. Best draft ever for KC. Like Talib at that pick. Would be solid across from Surtain and take over the number 1 CB position in a year

JORDYZ NELZONZZZZ!!
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

How did I know you'd be the first to post here? lol.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

We got that kind of connection yo!!! JORDYZ NELZONZ GODLY!!!
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

To tell you the truth im not 100&#37; sold on Calais Campbell, I know that you have a mancrush on him , but I think we would be much better off trading up for desean

Comment

I really really liked the Nic Harris pick for the Giants in Round 1. He is a prototypical SS which is very needed in our defense. As for Highsmith in Round 2, I have been pleasantly surprised by our OLB play the past few weeks and I think that possibly drafting a CB like McKelvin might be more practical.

Great Job with the Giants. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

LOL...classic...great Chiefs' draft

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
              Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

ok giants draft. a lil surprised with the 1st round pick but its a good pick b.c thats our biggest need.

2nd round give us a CB

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Not really much of a need at RB for the Jets but tough to pass up on McFadden there. Crable's a nice pick in the second, Dre Moore would be worth considering as well.

For the Bengals obviously there's no way they could pass on Dorsey at that point so that's a good pick. Bennett in the second is an alright pick. I'll give you that it's a good pick, but I don't think it's a realistic one. The Bengals obviously have no good receiving threats at tight end. However, they've been passing on tight ends for years now because their offense really uses the tight end for blocking and not much else which is why Reggie Kelly is perfect. They could definitely use a tight end to work the middle of the field and open things up on the outside along with helping them out in the red zone. So is it a good pick? Sure. But I'm not sure I'd see it happening, especially given the offensive staff isn't changing though I think it should. Mayo or Henderson would probably be a better and realistic pick at that spot.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bengals consider the OL or even RB early. Marvin wants the run game to improve and though their were injuries on the line it was definitely subpar this season. I think the line is a better thing to address but they have Kenny Watson who's not really a starter, Rudi Johnson who hasn't been the same back recently, and Kenny Irons and Chris Perry both of whom have had some injury problems. Irons not so much and I don't think they'd give up on him, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them look at a bruising RB in the 3rd-5th range to compliment Irons down the road. Just a thought.

Anyways I went on a bit of a tangent there but with your mock I do think one of the LB's you have going after the second would be a solid selection and a little more realistic based on the Bengals' drafting history than Bennett.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                    To tell you the truth im not 100% sold on Calais Campbell, I know that you have a mancrush on him , but I think we would be much better off trading up for desean
                    LDE is arguably the biggest need on our team, and Campbell is a freakish player that would revolutionize the position for us. Our only LDE's are Kevin Carter and Greg Spires. Both are very old and neither can rush the passer. Campbell will be great vs. run and pass, while freeing up better matchups for Haye, Adams & White. Campbell is great value at 20 anyway.

Did you see Galloway get manhandled against the Giants? He's at least 180, while Jackson is listed at 166. I'm not sold on a WR that small having any impact outside of occasional deep balls and PRs, plus it would be stupid to trade up in a draft that's weak at the top and deep in the middle.

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                    I really really liked the Nic Harris pick for the Giants in Round 1. He is a prototypical SS which is very needed in our defense. As for Highsmith in Round 2, I have been pleasantly surprised by our OLB play the past few weeks and I think that possibly drafting a CB like McKelvin might be more practical.

Great Job with the Giants. =D
                    Yeah, I definitely see what you're saying. Highsmith was great value, but there's no question he'd have competition to start for a while. I don't like the idea of drafting Ross in Rd. 1 then another 2 DBs in the first 2 rounds the next year, plus Webster stepped up big. McKelvin is also good value but there's more CBs available in Round 3.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

etk, do you think Hefney is more of a cover 2 Cb than a safety at the next level?

Comment

Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                        Not really much of a need at RB for the Jets but tough to pass up on McFadden there. Crable's a nice pick in the second, Dre Moore would be worth considering as well.

For the Bengals obviously there's no way they could pass on Dorsey at that point so that's a good pick. Bennett in the second is an alright pick. I'll give you that it's a good pick, but I don't think it's a realistic one. The Bengals obviously have no good receiving threats at tight end. However, they've been passing on tight ends for years now because their offense really uses the tight end for blocking and not much else which is why Reggie Kelly is perfect. They could definitely use a tight end to work the middle of the field and open things up on the outside along with helping them out in the red zone. So is it a good pick? Sure. But I'm not sure I'd see it happening, especially given the offensive staff isn't changing though I think it should. Mayo or Henderson would probably be a better and realistic pick at that spot.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bengals consider the OL or even RB early. Marvin wants the run game to improve and though their were injuries on the line it was definitely subpar this season. I think the line is a better thing to address but they have Kenny Watson who's not really a starter, Rudi Johnson who hasn't been the same back recently, and Kenny Irons and Chris Perry both of whom have had some injury problems. Irons not so much and I don't think they'd give up on him, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them look at a bruising RB in the 3rd-5th range to compliment Irons down the road. Just a thought.

Anyways I went on a bit of a tangent there but with your mock I do think one of the LB's you have going after the second would be a solid selection and a little more realistic based on the Bengals' drafting history than Bennett.
                        Agree on McFadden, and Moore. I considered Moore in the 2nd.

Spot on with the Bengals. Bennett was a tough pick for me to make and I realized how little the position is used, but who doesn't want a weapon like that for their offense? They can make room for him. LB was the first thing that came to mind, especially with the guys available, but then I realized the Bengals have good young depth there. I'm not really sure what the situation is with guys like Pollack, Thurman and Nicholson so it was difficult to give them a LB. OL is definitely another possibility, but I don't see RB considering they just took Irons in Round 2 last year, plus they have Johnson, Perry and Watson.

Good post, thanks.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Just a question about Campbell. How "NFL-ready" is he, will he be able to contribute as much as gaines did this year, more/less. Will he be able to come in right away and start for us, because clearly the Bucs are in a win-now mentality.

Comment

Your Buc draft is fine but did you drop Campbell to the Bucs on purpose :).

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                              etk, do you think Hefney is more of a cover 2 Cb than a safety at the next level?
                              I think both are great fits for him. He closes very well and is surprisingly physical for his size, so I do believe he can play S at the next level. He's a great tackler so the size shouldn't be an issue. Overall, I'd say Hefney is better suited for FS because he can come downhill and fill more often. As a Cover 2 cornerback he would be doing similar things but he would be a bit more restricted.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information