Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Round Mock Draft by darnik44 (1/15/08)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Jets is interesting. Not a big fan of those guys, but maybe.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

    Comment


    • #17
      Darnik, may I suggest you add explanations with your picks?

      You grade out Martin Rucker as a 1st RD pick? Tight End is a need, but I don't think he's a 1st RD prospect. There are no WR's worth taking at this spot, so best available DL or CB would be better picks than reaching for a TE.

      Jonathan Goff fills a need, and is of value. You neglect WR, though.

      The 3rd RD is far too late to address WR.

      Bad Titans mock. You address need, but wait too late to address WR and reach for a TE.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

      [@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

      Comment


      • #18
        i was only offering advice about the packers pick, there is no need for you to start bashing people for offering their opinion. i am sorry that you do not agree with me, but i personally believe that the packers are going to a CB in round one and not a OLB. and needless to say i completely agree with ETK. Great post ETK.

        Comment


        • #19
          Garbage Falcons mock. I disagree with Ryan, all Falcons fans have shown their case and you can keep ignoring it but we'll see come draft time. Dre Moore is a decent pick, but then you have us taking two straight OT's.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by etk View Post
            Good for you. I've known from the minute I read your mock drafts last year that oyu have no clue about team needs and player position identification. You make fancy graphics to overshadow your pathetic team-player fits. Your mocks look like more like a rankings list than an actual mock, because you have 0 sense of NFL systems and what teams look for from their positions. Chad Henne & Steve Slaton are average prospects and awful picks for our team. There's not a Bucs fan on this board that would appreciate this mock, and I'm probably the only one that even respects one of our 3 picks (Manningham). If you read my mock, I actually listen to the responses and thank the posters that give me input instead of attacking their knowledge. If you don't like what's said on this board or by Scott, don't come back. Nobody will miss you.
            For one, I'm one of the few here who understand how the draft works. All you hear are team needs. That's not how it works. Just because I make graphics, don't think I don't know football. I've been making graphics for 15 months, but I've watched football for 25 years and followed the draft for 18 years. Way too many of you think teams go into the draft saying CB in the 1st, WR in the 2nd, DT in the 3rd and so on. There are alot of knowledable people here and that's why I come here. I've never said one word about having a problem with what Scott says. I did say too many here make his opinion their opinion and call it gospel. Slaton is a steal there, and Henne is a good QB. I bet you like him after the senior bowl when Scott probably shoots him up his board. I only attack those who use the words vomit and horrible in their responses. By the way, player position identification is a strenth of mine, again it's not always along the lines of main stream thinking, but I'm usually dead on. Another example from last year was me saying Lawrence Timmons was no 3-4 OLB. He didn't make it through 2 weeks of practice before the Steelers realized that.

            Comment


            • #21
              I l-o-v-e-d the Pats mock!

              Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

              Dream Pats Draft:
              1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
              2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
              3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
              3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
              4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
              5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
              6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
              7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by DaBear89 View Post
                i wanna make love with this draft. Oher, Hardy, Barret, and Ainge. can't really argue with any of those
                yeah I came away thinking the Bears had the best draft in this mock.

                Comment


                • #23
                  nice raider draft


                  "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                    Darnik, may I suggest you add explanations with your picks?

                    You grade out Martin Rucker as a 1st RD pick? Tight End is a need, but I don't think he's a 1st RD prospect. There are no WR's worth taking at this spot, so best available DL or CB would be better picks than reaching for a TE.

                    Jonathan Goff fills a need, and is of value. You neglect WR, though.

                    The 3rd RD is far too late to address WR.

                    Bad Titans mock. You address need, but wait too late to address WR and reach for a TE.
                    I wait until closer to the date of the draft to start adding explanations. I want to let the sr. bowl, combine, and free agency to take place before I put too much time into a mock.

                    I see Rucker as a first round talent. Most don't, but I do. I also see him as a perfect fit for Vince Young. I see alot of similarities to Antonio Gates in Rucker. Most Titans fans always talk about how the Titans don't draft WR's in the 1st and say CB isn't a need. Also cover 2 teams rarely spend a first on a CB (even though they took PacMan high).

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by roidrunner View Post
                      i was only offering advice about the packers pick, there is no need for you to start bashing people for offering their opinion. i am sorry that you do not agree with me, but i personally believe that the packers are going to a CB in round one and not a OLB. and needless to say i completely agree with ETK. Great post ETK.

                      How did I bash you? I was just telling you it doesn't work that way and it doesn't. I've never seen a draft follow suit with what the fans deem as "needs."

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Darnik, why do you insist on giving us Darren McFadden?? I hope you think we will trade him away immediately, because if not, it's a wasted pick!

                        I don't have a problem with Richardson and Pressley, but I do have a problem with us passing on Dre Moore and Chris Williams to get them. Moore with the first 2nd roudner would be a much better pick, better player with better value, and same goes for Williams over Richardson with the second 2nd rounder.

                        Cromartie seems like an ok pick, I just don't know much about him, so i'd rather have Trae Williams there.

                        Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                          Garbage Falcons mock. I disagree with Ryan, all Falcons fans have shown their case and you can keep ignoring it but we'll see come draft time. Dre Moore is a decent pick, but then you have us taking two straight OT's.
                          Does Aurthur Blank saying on national television that they will take a QB there mean anything to you? He said this during the telecast of the Monday night game when Vick was sentenced. The Falcons fans might not like Ryan or Brohm or Woodson, but I'm willing to bet they draft one of them. You can't win without a QB. I'd take Ryan over Harrington or Redman or Leftwhich in a heartbeat. I really don't get why Falcons fans don't like Ryan.

                          According to most Falcons fans, they need 2 OT's.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                            Darnik, why do you insist on giving us Darren McFadden?? I hope you think we will trade him away immediately, because if not, it's a wasted pick!

                            I don't have a problem with Richardson and Pressley, but I do have a problem with us passing on Dre Moore and Chris Williams to get them. Moore with the first 2nd roudner would be a much better pick, better player with better value, and same goes for Williams over Richardson with the second 2nd rounder.

                            Cromartie seems like an ok pick, I just don't know much about him, so i'd rather have Trae Williams there.
                            It's just my personal opinion that the Dolphins will take McFadden. I'm not going to change my opinion because basically nobody agrees with me. Sorry you don't like the pick but when I make a mock I make it show what I think will happen, not what everyone hopes happens.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Darnik
                              I wait until closer to the date of the draft to start adding explanations. I want to let the sr. bowl, combine, and free agency to take place before I put too much time into a mock.
                              Then don't even bother posting it. I mean, whats the point in half-assing a mock, posting it, and then telling people why your pick is correct? Explanations aren't hard at all, and if you want your picks to be taken seriously, it may be wise to add them.

                              I see Rucker as a first round talent. Most don't, but I do. I also see him as a perfect fit for Vince Young. I see alot of similarities to Antonio Gates in Rucker. Most Titans fans always talk about how the Titans don't draft WR's in the 1st and say CB isn't a need. Also cover 2 teams rarely spend a first on a CB (even though they took PacMan high).
                              We don't usually draft WR's in the 1st RD, but we've never had a need this big for a WR. But if Malcolm Kelly and DeSean Jackson are gone by our pick, then I hope we pass on WR.

                              As for CB, PacMan just reappeared in the news for another assault. He's likely gone, so CB is a bigger need. And we're not a Cover 2 team... Thats why there were so many questions about Nick Harper coming to Tennessee, as he'd be covering receivers Man-to-Man. We do run some Zone coverages, though. Besides, we're not talking about the 6th Overall Pick like PacMan was. We're talking about the 25th Pick, which would be ok to draft a CB.

                              WR is our 1st RD aim, but if better players are there at CB, DE, or DT, then they should be considered. I don't think any TE is a 1st RD caliber player.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                              [@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                                Then don't even bother posting it. I mean, whats the point in half-assing a mock, posting it, and then telling people why your pick is correct? Explanations aren't hard at all, and if you want your picks to be taken seriously, it may be wise to add them.



                                We don't usually draft WR's in the 1st RD, but we've never had a need this big for a WR. But if Malcolm Kelly and DeSean Jackson are gone by our pick, then I hope we pass on WR.

                                As for CB, PacMan just reappeared in the news for another assault. He's likely gone, so CB is a bigger need. And we're not a Cover 2 team... Thats why there were so many questions about Nick Harper coming to Tennessee, as he'd be covering receivers Man-to-Man. We do run some Zone coverages, though. Besides, we're not talking about the 6th Overall Pick like PacMan was. We're talking about the 25th Pick, which would be ok to draft a CB.

                                WR is our 1st RD aim, but if better players are there at CB, DE, or DT, then they should be considered. I don't think any TE is a 1st RD caliber player.
                                Sorry to waste your time with my mock. I won't post any more.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information