I'm Bored 1 RD Mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Bored 1 RD Mock

First mock of the year with a lot of room for improvement. Until the combine, you really don't know about a lot of these players. However, I'm bored so...

1. M. Ryan QB - Maimi Dolphins – They need a signal caller and as tempting as defense is, this pick is more need that BPA.
    2. C. Long DE - St. Louis Rams – BPA on the defense. You pick the hole.
    3. J. Long OT - Oakland Raiders – It’s got to start with the line and by taking Long also stuns their rival Chiefs.
    4. V. Golston DE - Atlanta Falcons – McFadden could go here just as easy, but there are plenty of backs and with an early 2nd rd pick they should get one then.
    5. R. Clady OT - Kansas City Chiefs – QB is an option, but they need to see what Croyle can do with a little protection.
    6. D. McFadden RB - New York Jets – Finally a light of hope for the offense.
    7. M. Jenkins CB - New England Patriots (from San Francisco 49ers) – Jenkins can slide in and take over for Samuel, just not at the same level.
    8. G. Dorsey DT - Baltimore Ravens – Brohm would be a great pick, but the defense is getting old and Dorsey should never slide this far.
    9. S. Ellis DT - Cincinnati Bengals – A start to stopping the run.
    10. L. McKelvin CB - New Orleans Saints – A little reach but David was an absolute joke.
    11. D. Jackson WR - Buffalo Bills – This give Evans a chance to get open and Edwards a shot to succeed.
    12. R. Medenhall RB - Denver Broncos – Drug convictions, injuries, etc. Denver needs to settle on a back and move on.
    13. J. Otah OT - Carolina Panthers – Could be some opening on the line after free agency.
    14. K. Phillips S - Chicago Bears – As much help as the Bears need on offense, their bread and butter is on defense. Phillips is a gift at 14.
    15. G. Cherilus OT - Detroit Lions – Almost went rb, but without a line you just can’t run the ball.
    16. D. Harvey DE - Arizona Cardinals – Rb can be addressed later. Harvey will help continue the defenses’ success.
    17. L. Sweed WR - Minnesota Vikings – They must get pressure off of AD.
    18. J. Stewart RB - Houston Texans – DB was an option, but it’s time to fill the rb position.
    19. C. Campbell DE - Philadelphia Eagles – Kearse is all but gone. Campbell will upgrade immediately.
    20. B. Brohm QB - Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Garcia is old. Caddy is injured, but they should resign Graham. Thus, QB of the future is here.
    21. M. Kelly WR - Washington Redskins – Moss just doesn’t cut it as a WR1.
    22. A. Cason CB - Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland Browns) – Depth in the DB is just as important as a backup rb.
    23. S. Baker OT - Pittsburgh Steelers – Faneaca is gone. Baker should help.
    24. J. Carlson TE - Tennessee Titans – No receiver worthy of this spot and Fischer has always tried to incorporated a TE in his offense.
    25. K. Rivers LB - Seattle Seahawks – BPA. Running back is the trendy pick, but this draft is soooo deep at that position.
    26. M. Manningham WR - Jacksonville Jaguars – Jags reach, but they get another potential WR1.
    27. F. Jones RB - San Diego Chargers – Turner is gone and LT has 8 seasons under his belt. They have to be prepared for LT to start showing signs of injury.
    28. C. Johnson RB - Dallas Cowboys – Are there any mocks that have the Cowboys overlooking rb with both 1st round picks?
    29. A. Talib CB - San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis Colts) – BPA and with nothing on the offensive side jumping out, Talib gives them depth at a key position.
    30. R. Smith S - Green Bay Packers – Depth pick that can’t hurt. Young team with few holes.
    31. D. Connor LB New York Giants – DB would be perfect, but nothing worthwhile at 31. Highstreet was a possibility, but Connor is a better prospect.
    Last edited by tfry; 01-23-2008, 11:59 AM.

Nice pick for KC, interesting Vikes pick. Sidney Rice will be a solid number 2 receiver, Sweed and rice a nice Duo, hopefully they can get someone to throw to them
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

not a bad pick for SD its a smart pick

Comment

You say that Seattle can pass on RB despite their obvious need but yet San Diego pick up a RB despite the depth you mention when they have a much smaller need? I guess it may not have been so noticable but for your selection of a LB for Seattle, despite the Seahawks having a formidable LB trio already.

The Cards pick is alright, although I would much prefer Calais Campbell.
        Will post for +rep.

Comment

with the OT talent that would be available in the 2nd Glenn Dorsey would be a much better pick for KC

Comment

WR in rd 1 for the skins just isnt a good idea. they are notoriously bad at drafting wrs in rd 1 and there are too big of needs elsewhere. i can see us looking to add a wr this offseason but i doubt it will be before rd 3 and more than likely through fa or trade. in rd 1 de, oline, and cb are all much bigger needs.

Comment

I like Limas Sweed better than DeSean Jackson right now. Good pick.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

The Bills need a big WR. Not another small, fast one.
                I'd rather take Sweed, Kelly, or Rivers there.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

ok giants pick- i just personally really dislike connor but he could be the BPA

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Good Houston pick. Dorsey & Ngata, would make our defense impossible to run against.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Love the Packers pick.

Comment

Absolutely no way in hell Seattle takes a LB over Felix Jones or Chris Johnson.

Comment

Baker>Cherilus

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information