X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Legends Mock "Fall of Dorsey"

Mock Draft - Febuary 1st 2008

Some notes
    I know Falcons fans say your not going to draft a QB in the 1st round, but i dont think that Mike Smith agree's with you, it seems that every new head coach want there fran qb and Matt Ryan will be that guy

The reason i could see the patriots not taking Glenn Dorsey because hes not the best 3-4 fit, but the patrtiots will take the most talented player and maybe work him in to the system till he learns the fit in right, on Gholston and the jets they need to get lot of pressure, not saying Dorsey cant but i think Gholston would get more pressure and is a perfect fit

I see the panthers cutting Foster, Jonathan Stewart & DeAngelo Williams would make a great duo, with the huge lot of talent at offensive tackle they can get one in the 2nd round

01.Dolphins

Sedrick Ellis, USC, DT
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 310.

02.Rams

Chris Long, Virginia, DE
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 285.

03.Raiders

Darren McFadden*, Arkansas, HB
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 210.

04.Chiefs

Jake Long, Michigan, OT
    Height: 6-7. Weight: 315.

05.Falcons

Matt Ryan, Boston College, QB
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 220.

06.Jets

Vernon Gholston*, Ohio State, DE
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 260

07.Patriots

Glenn Dorsey, LSU, DT
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 316

08.Ravens

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee St
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 185.

09.Bengals

Keith Rivers, USC, LB
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 240.

10.Saints

Kenny Phillips*, Miami, DB

11.Bills

Malcolm Kelly*, Oklahoma, WR
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 220.

12.Broncos

Ryan Clady*, Boise State, OT
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 320.

13.Panthers

Jonathan Stewart*, Oregon, HB
    Height: 5-11. Weight: 235.

14.Bears

Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh, OT
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 340.

15.Lions

Dan Connor, Penn St, LB
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 233.

16.Cardinals

Leodis McKelvin, Troy State, CB
    Height: 5-10. Weight: 190.

17.Vikings

Calais Campbell*, Miami, DE
    Height: 6-8. Weight: 285.

18.Texans

Rashard Mendenhall*, Illinois, RB
    Height: 5-11. Weight: 225.

19.Eagles

Chris Williams, Vanderbilt, OT
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 320.

20.Buccaneers

Brian Brohm, Louisville, QB
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 230

21.Redskins

Mike Jenkins, South Florida, CB
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 200.

22.Cowboys

Aqib Talib*, Kansas, CB

23.Seahawks

Felix Jones, Arkansas, HB
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 200.

24.Steelers

James Hardy, Indiana, WR
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 220.

25.Titans

Limas Sweed, Texas, WR
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 212

26.Chargers

Kentwan Balmer, North Carolina, DT
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 300.

27.Jacksonville

Phillip Merling, Clemson, DE
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 270.

28.Cowboys

Chris Johnson, East Carolina
    Height: 5-10. Weight: 200.

29.49ers

DeSean Jackson*, California, WR
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 180

30.Packers

Reggie Smith*, Oklahoma, DB
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.

31. Giants

Antoine Cason, Arizona, CB
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 190.

32. Dolphins

Sam Baker, USC, OT
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 310.
    Last edited by The Legend; 02-01-2008, 05:11 AM.

Originally posted by The Legend View Post

Glenn Dorsey doesnt fit a 3-4 thats why i dont see him taken by the Jets, plus they need some one who can get lost of pressure, not saying Dorsey cant but i think Gholston would get more pressure and is a perfect fit

Don't you directly contradict yourself by then giving Dorsey to a team that runs a 3-4.

Regarding the Buccaneer selection; pretty solid, unspectacular pick. I would personally prefer Desean Jackson, but that might be just a me thing.

Comment

i don't get why people are hating on dorsey so much lately. i know everyone's been d-riding sedrick ellis after the senior bowl as they should be, but to have dorsey's stock fall because of it? i don't get it... i'll bet my nuts he doesn't fall out of the top 3 barring injury prior to the draft.
      Last edited by the Laos; 02-01-2008, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Though I am not a big fan of Matt Ryan, I would be fine with him at 3. Literally everyone on my big board before Ryan had gotten picked before that pick. It was basically between him and Dorsey at that point, at which I would prefer Ryan.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
          Don't you directly contradict yourself by then giving Dorsey to a team that runs a 3-4.

Regarding the Buccaneer selection; pretty solid, unspectacular pick. I would personally prefer Desean Jackson, but that might be just a me thing.
          what i ment to say was, the reason i could see the patriots not taking Glenn Dorsey because hes not the best 3-4 fit, but the patrtiots will take the most talented player and maybe work him in to the system till he learns the fit in right, on Gholston and the jets they need to get lot of pressure, not saying Dorsey cant but i think Gholston would get more pressure and is a perfect fit

thanks for correcting me thou

Originally posted by the Laos View Post
          i don't get why people are hating on dorsey so much lately. i know everyone's been d-riding sedrick ellis after the senior bowl as they should be, but to have dorsey's stock fall because of it? i don't get it... i'll bet my nuts he doesn't fall out of the top 3 barring injury prior to the draft.
          the reason i see Dorsey drop is because the teams have to go with there needs before talents

and Dorsey is very talented but its seem the top draft picks have big need at certain positions
          Last edited by The Legend; 02-01-2008, 05:09 AM.

Comment

what i ment to say was, the reason i could see the patriots not taking Glenn Dorsey because hes not the best 3-4 fit, but the patrtiots will take the most talented player and maybe work him in to the system till he learns the fit in right, on Gholston and the jets they need to get lot of pressure, not saying Dorsey cant but i think Gholston would get more pressure and is a perfect fit
            That's fine. I was just unsure of your justification for the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
              That's fine. I was just unsure of your justification for the pick.
              DeSean Jackson would be a good pick may replace Joey Galloway when he retires, but Jeff Garcia will be 38 yrs old next season and there going to need a replacement

Comment

DeSean Jackson would be a good pick may replace Joey Galloway when he retires, but Jeff Garcia will be 38 yrs old next season and there going to need a replacement
                Like I said, Desean Jackson to the Buccaneers is just a personal preference of mine and I completely understand why somebody might give the Buccaneers Brohm. Brohm would be an adequate fit in Gruden's offense but would still take at least 12 months to soak up Gruden's complicated offense.

Comment

Good Raider pick. I don't see the draft going that way, specifically Dorseys decent and Cromartie's meteoric accent, but crazy things have happened, at least it's interesting.. Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by gdamac View Post
                    Good Raider pick. I don't see the draft going that way, specifically Dorseys decent and Cromartie's meteoric accent, but crazy things have happened, at least it's interesting.. Good work.
                    DRC i just have the feeling hes going to have one amazing combine and John Harbaugh is a Defensive Back type guy so i think he will take a chance on him

Comment

DRC i just have the feeling hes going to have one amazing combine and John Harbaugh is a Defensive Back type guy so i think he will take a chance on him
                      DRC claims in his interview with Scot Wright he runs 4.3, if he does you could be right. That kind of size in a DB is rare. His cousin's season may help his stock too.

Comment

Originally posted by gdamac View Post
                        DRC claims in his interview with Scot Wright he runs 4.3, if he does you could be right. That kind of size in a DB is rare. His cousin's season may help his stock too.
                        its really freaky how your sig keep changin

Comment

I know we need OL help but if Dorsey is at 5 KC can not pass on him.We can get a Nicks or someone like that in the 2nd

Comment

its really freaky how your sig keep changin
                            Got to keep you on your toes

Comment

Good Bills pick

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                              my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information