No announcement yet.

Why take a running back in the top 10?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why take a running back in the top 10?

Why would you ever take a RB in the top 10? You could easily get a sufficient RB in the latter part of the first round or even on day 2. There have been tons of stud RB's found in round 3 and later. RB's have the shorest life span in the nfl. I really don't get why RB's are taken so high. Unless your team is just a RB away from the superbowl and you trade-up for the top RB, then I don't see why you ever pick a RB in the top 10. I would just pick the best one on the board in round 2. Can someone give me some insight on this? Doesn't make sencse to me now that I think about it.

EDIT: Wrong Forum. Mod edit this please.

kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Because if you dont somebody else will...how far you think Tomlinson and Bush wouldve dropped????

University of Michigan

RichRod will win the Big Ten title.....You watch.

Comment

Simply because you just dont pass on elite RBs.

Comment

Who is this guy!?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
            Why would you ever take a RB in the top 10? You could easily get a sufficient RB in the latter part of the first round or even on day 2. There have been tons of stud RB's found in round 3 and later. RB's have the shorest life span in the nfl. I really don't get why RB's are taken so high. Unless your team is just a RB away from the superbowl and you trade-up for the top RB, then I don't see why you ever pick a RB in the top 10. I would just pick the best one on the board in round 2. Can someone give me some insight on this? Doesn't make sencse to me now that I think about it.
            Like with just almost every position in the NFL, you need to look at it on a case by case basis. If a team needs a RB, then why not take one?

Comment

Think about your questions before you ask them. Good players can come from the end of the draft at every position, so why don't teams trade away their first round picks for 6th and 7th round picks every time? Because the likelihood of success isn't as good in the later rounds as it is in the early rounds.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information