• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ramsfan's mock draft v.1

this is my first of this year
    comments would be helpful. thanks.

Round One
    Mia: Matt Ryan, QB; Bill Parcells wants a franchise QB and John Beck did not do well in his starts this season. The Trent Green cut signifies that they have complete faith in Beck or they will draft a QB high.
    StL: Chris Long, DE; The Rams have a few glaring holes, he is the best player that can fill one of these holes.
    Atl: Darren McFadden, RB; Dunn is getting up there in years and Norwood hasn't shown that much.
    Oak: Glenn Dorsey, DT; Sapp retired, and they need to keep the defense strong to have any shot.
    KC: Jake Long, OT; Once-prominent line getting old and beat-up, it's time to insert new talent
    NYJ: Sedrick Ellis, DT; Jets need nose tackle and Ellis is BPA
    NE: Ryan Clady, OT; Kaczur was exposed during playoffs and Super Bowl.
    Bal: Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB; Perfect fit for Ravens defense. Fill-in for Suggs if he leaves, or take over for Johnson if Suggs stays.
    Cin: Keith Rivers, OLB; Fills a need and best player available.
    NO: Le
    Leodis McKelvin, CB; McKenzie is getting old and there is no one there besides him.
    Buf: Mike Jenkins, CB; Huge need especially since they play New England twice a year.
    Den: Kenny Phillips, S; Lynch is getting old and there is no one beside him.
    Car: Jeff Otah, OT; Delhomme gets one more year, and Jarrett gets a chance to prove himself, so Otah is picked to stabilize line.
    Chi: Brian Brohm, QB; Grossman is out of opportunities, Griese was worse, Orton is not a play maker
    Det: Fred Davis, TE; It is a reach, but wasn't sure what else they needed.
    Ari: Derrick Harvey, DE; Need someone opposite Dockett to complete line
    Min: DeSean Jackson, WR; They can't pass up this good of receiver.
    Hou: Jonathan Stewart, RB; Green, Dayne, and Walker don't cut it for starting job.
    Phi: Dan Connor, MLB; Gaither wasn't that impressive in replacing Trotter
    TB: Malcolm Kelly, WR; No one behind Galloway, and Galloway is getting up there in years
    Was: Reggie Smith, S; The loss of Sean Taylor leaves a big hole in the football world and in the Washington secondary
    Dal: Aqib Talib, CB; Newman is a star, but Reeves got beat too much
    Pit: Branden Albert, OG; The presumed loss of Faneca leads to this reach.
    Ten: Phillip Merling, DE; They have half a defensive line now its time to build the other half.
    Sea: Rashard Mendenhall, RB; Morris not meant to carry load, Alexander is wearing down
    Jax: Calais Campbell, DE; New England game showed a pass rush weakness
    SD: Sam Baker, OT; The right tackle spot is open as Olivea didn't do well
    Dal: Felix Jones, RB; They need a fast back to complement Marion Barber
    SF: Kentwan Balmer, DT; Big gap in middle of line + big, talented player = good fit.
    GB: Dominique Cromartie, CB; No one behind the best corner tandem in the league.
    NYG: Ali Highsmith, OLB; They need a consistent LB to go with Pierce

Round 2
    Mia: Phillip Wheeler, ILB; Zach Thomas is getting old quickly
    StL: Erin Henderson, OLB; Perfect for replacing Chillar and filling out LB corps.
    Oak: Chris Johnson, RB; Time to give Russell some weapons
    KC: Mario Manningham, WR; Bowe needs some one opposite since Kennison is wearing down.
    NYJ: Chris Williams, OT; The whole line is shaky.
    Atl: Andre Woodson, QB; Atlanta gets their franchise QB after Leftwich and Harrington failed last year.
    Bal: Chad Henne, QB; Still a chance for Troy Smith, but Ravens need proven passer
    SF: Quentin Groves, DE/OLB; Perfect for 3-4 and helps fill out a LB unit headed by Patrick Willis
    NO: Curtis Lofton, MLB; Simoneau is not an ideal starting MLB
    Buf: Limas Sweed, WR; They need a receiver to go with variety of speedsters
    Den: Pat Sims, DT; The whole defensive line was a disaster.
    Car: Joe Flacco, QB; Need a young QB in case Delhomme can't come back
    Chi: Gosder Cherilus, OT; O-line might be at fault for RB struggles
    Det: Jerod Mayo, MLB; The Lions need to build a defense beyond the line now
    Cin: Frank Okam, DT; One of top needs filled by one of top DTs left
    Min: Lawrence Jackson, DE; Neither of high draft picks worked out for Vikings in this area.
    Atl: Anthony Collins, OT; Time to add talent to the ends of the o-line.
    Phi: James Hardy, WR; Donovan McNabb needs a big WR if he is staying
    Ari: Tracy Porter, CB; Rolle might move to safety and pass defense wasn't that good to begin with
    Was: Chris Ellis, DE; Were good last year but age is a factor on their d-line
    TB: Justin King, CB; Barber is getting older and no one is there to complement or replace him.
    Pit: Patrick Lee, CB; With an aging defense the secondary's holes aren't masked as much any more
    Ten: Devin Thomas, WR; Vince Young needs better targets if he will ever get past the first round.
    Sea: Eric Young, OG; The loss of Steve Hutchinson is still noticeable
    Cle: Shawn Crable, OLB; Need someone to go on the other side of Wimbley.
    Mia: Trevor Laws, DT; They get their tackle maybe a little later than expected
    Jax: Early Doucet, WR; Majority of receiving corps is leaving or in Del Rio's doghouse
    Ind: Xavier Adibi, OLB; Speedy and small LB is perfect fit in Indy
    GB: DaJuan Morgan, S; Both Collins and Bigby have weaknesses
    Dal: Adarius Bowman, WR; Crayton is good but Owens and Glenn aren't what they used to be.
    NE: Antoine Cason, CB; Samuel might leave and the other CB spot was up for grabs this year
    NYG: Brandon Flowers, CB; Ross is a good young talent, but Webster and Madison weren't great for the majority of the season

Round 3
    Mia: Heath Benedict, OT
    StL: Andre Caldwell, WR
    NE: Jonathan Goff, ILB
    KC: Charles Godfrey, CB
    NYJ: Lavelle Hawkins, WR
    Atl: Vince Hall, MLB
    Buf: Martin Rucker, TE
    SF: Cliff Avril, DE
    NO: Marcus Harrison, DT
    Buf: Marcus Griffin, S
    Min: Trae Williams, CB
    Car: Martellus Bennett, TE
    Chi: Jamaal Charles, RB
    Det: Bruce Davis, DE
    Cin: DeJuan Tribble, CB
    Min: Jonathan Hefney, S
    Hou: Chevis Jackson, CB
    Phi: Quentin Demps, S
    Ari: Ray Rice, RB
    Was: Arian Arrington, WR
    TB: Red Bryant, DT
    Pit: Carl Nicks, OT
    Ten: John Carlson, TE
    Sea: Tony Hills, OT
    Cle: Dre Moore, DT
    Chi: Tavares Gooden, OLB
    Jax: J Leman, MLB
    Ind: Will Arnold, OG
    GB: Wesley Woodyard, OLB
    Dal: Kirk Barton, OT
    NE: Matt Forte, RB
    NYG: Josh Barrett, S

Round 4
    Mia: Terrelle Thomas, CB
    StL: Roy Schuening, OG
    Oak: Darrell Robinson, DE
    KC: Jordan Grimes, OG
    NYJ: Beau Bell, OLB
    Atl: Thomas DeCoud, S
    Bal: Terrence Wheatley, CB
    SF: Earl Bennett, WR
    NO: Ezra Butler, OLB
    Buf: Jeremy Thompson, DE
    Den: Barry Richardson, OT
    Car: Craig Steltz, S
    Chi: Chilo Rachal, OG
    Det: Oniel Cousins, OT
    Cin: Jason Jones, DE
    Min: Geno Hayes, OLB
    Atl: Nick Hayden, DT
    Phi: Wallace Gilberry, DE
    Ari: Brian Kehl, OLB
    Den: Jordan Dizon, OLB
    TB: Colt Brennan, QB
    Pit: Simeon Castille, S
    Ten: DeMario Pressley, DT
    Sea: Owen Schmitt, FB
    Cle: Devone Bess, WR
    Jax: Jack Ikegwuonu, CB
    Ind: Tommy Blake, DE
    GB: Jacob Tamme, TE
    Dal: Ben Moffitt, ILB
    NE: Spencer Larson, OLB
    NYG: King Dunlap, OT
    Last edited by ramsfan2005813; 02-13-2008, 07:18 PM.

The Bills have the Ravens' 3rd round pick.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
      The Bills have the Ravens' 3rd round pick.
      i have that in there, just not who it was from

Comment

You only gave the Bills one 3rd round draft choice.

my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

two: griffin and rucker

Comment

alright, sorry.
            I was looking at the 4th round, instead of the 3rd.

1.) Mike Jenkins - Great pick
            2.) Limas Sweed - Great pick
            3.) Martin Rucker - Great pick
            3.) Marcus Griffin - We dont need a Safety. We have Ko Simpson and Donte Whitner. CB and DT are larger needs. I'd rather go with Red Bryant here.
            4.) Jeremy Thompson - CB is a larger need. I'd rather go with Jack Ikegwuono here.

Overall, pretty good.

Comment

Harvey would actually be playing right next to Dockett, good pick though

Would rather have Cason or Flowers than Porter

Good 3rd & 4th round picks

Comment

i forgot about simpson he was on IR at the end of the year and he wasn't on any depth charts

and the pass rush was awful (besides schobel) that's why i went DE over DT

Comment

Gosder Cherilus would be a better pick for the Chargers. He fits the mold of a dominant runblocking RT better than Baker does.

Comment

Brad Childress doesn't believe in drafting WR's in round 1. With Udeze's condition they will need to get a LDE at #17 Calais Campbell or Phillip Merling would work. Also one other thing Vikings have no need for CB in the first 3 rounds.

Comment

very good giants picks

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

That's just a terrible Miami draft. Wheeler is the only pick I like there. Cutting Green means absolutely nothing, especially not that we will draft a QB that high, if anything, it will be a QB like Henne or Flacco in the 2nd or 3rd. Laws and Thomas are very bad fits for the 3-4, especially since Thomas lacks the skills and speed to play man, and Laws is undersized as a NT and 3-4 End.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Round 1. Jake Long - Great Pick
                          Round 2. Mario Manningham - Great pick
                          Round 3. Charles Godfrey - Awesome pick
                          Round 4. Jordan Grimes - again great pick

overall grade: A++++++++++++

Comment

TO isn't what he used to be? He just came off one the best seasons of his career.

Comment

Great draft as a fellow Rams i expect nothing less but if Chris Williams is till on the board in the 2nd round i think we have to take him

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information