Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 RND Mock w/ explanations

1ST ROUND
    1. Miami Dolphins: Chris Long(LB/DE) , Virginia- brings Parcells mentality, a versatile player with non-stop motor.

2. St. Louis Rams: Vernon Gholston(DE) , Ohio State- gotta give Barron one more year, splitting hairs between him and Chris Long, allows them to get rid of Little and build a D from the inside out.

3. Atlanta Falcons: Glenn Dorsey(DT) , LSU- Mike Smith likes a mamouth in the middle and you can't possible think of a better mamouth than Dorsey.

4. Oakland Raiders: Darren McFadden(RB) , Arkansas- this is Al Davis's team, pares Jamarcus Russell's passing game with McFadden's running game could be the NFL next nightmare tandem.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Jake Long(LT) , Michigan- just seems to fight, blue collar player-blue collar team, immediate starter at LT.

6. New York Jets: Matt Ryan(QB) , Boston College- Clemens is not the QB of the future rumor's are Pennington is actually going to start this year, Ryan has the "it" factor that many QB's dont have, smart player who can deal with the pressure NY brings.

7. New England Patriots: Keith Rivers(MLB) , USC- wore the legendary #55 at USC(like Seau and McGinest, where did they playin the NFL?), enough said, smart/instinctive player who can start immediatly.

8. Baltimore Ravens: Ryan Clady(LT) , Boise State- Ogden is likely to retire and Gaither is not the answer, Clady cares Pro Day buzz to draft and becomes a franchise LT for years to come.

9. Cincinnati Bengals: Sedrick Ellis(DT) , USC- unable to get a impact player in the middle via trade but they luck out, Ellis brings toughness that the Bengals D has lacked.

10. New Orleans Saints: Leodis McKelvin(CB) , Troy- some say DRC but he needs time to develop in the NFL, the Saints need a impact player immediatly, McKelvin is a player you can put on a island and not have to worry about big plays happening.

11. Buffalo Bills: Derrick Harvey(DE) , Florida- getting to the QB was a rarity last year, with Stroud and McCargo taking double teams inside, Harvey will be free to fly off the edge.

12. Denver Broncos: Kenny Phillips(FS/SS) , Miami (FL)- the Broncos have the one of the worst saftey situations in the league, Phillips can come in and start at SS over Abdullah and step in for Lynch when he leaves.

13. Carolina Panthers: Chris Williams(LT) , Vanderbilt- need a natural LT so they can kick Wharton inside, has all the tools to become a Pro-Bowl LT in the league.

14. Chicago Bears: Brandon Albert(LG/LT) , Virginia- brings "nasty" mentality that Chicago is all about, can start immediatly at LG, and eventually fill in for Tait at LT when he leaves.

15. Detroit Lions: Phillip Merling(DE) , Clemson- team desperate for a Pro-Bowl caliber DE, Merling has a complete game and was the most dominanting defensive player in the ACC last year.

16. Arizona Cardinals: Rashard Mendenhall(RB) , Illinois- Edge has not lived up to expectations, Mendenhall brings a toughness that this franchise is trying to build, will split carries immediatly maybe even take Edge's job later in the season.

17. Minnesota Vikings: Aqib Talib(CB/KR) , Kansas- this team's D is good but lacks a playmaker, Talib brings that ability to the table.

18. Houston Texans: Sam Baker, USC- a bit of a reach but they are desperate for a LT, Baker is a perfect fit at LT in a zone blocking scheme.

19. Philadelphia Eagles: Limas Sweed(WR) , Texas- McNabb want's a playmaker, Sweed has the combination of size and speed that is a rarity in this league.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Mike Jenkins(CB), USF- Ronde has a year or two left in this league, Jenkins fits this system perfect and Kiffin's man-crush continues.

21. Washington Redskins- Dominique Rodgers(CB/S)-Cromartie , Tennessee State: DRC has the potential to be a franchise corner but needs time, he can develop behind Springs until he leaves.

22. Dallas Cowboys- Malcolm Kelly(WR) , Oklahoma: without TO this offense looks average, Kelly becomes Romo's Michael Irvin for the future of the Cowboy's.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers- Jeff Otah(LG/LT) , Pittsburgh: just looks like a Steeler, can start at LG and can expierement with him as a LT in a couple years.

24. Tennessee Titans- Chilo Rachal(OG) , USC: team has a major whole at Guard, Rachal is a good kid with a ton of talent.

25. Seattle Seahawks- DeSean Jackson(WR) , Cal: Playmaker, brings speed to a offense that looked sluggish last season.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars- Calais Campbell(DE) , Miami (FL): Jacksonville loves a player with good size, overshadowed by poor work out #'s but brings a toughness to a front that needs to reload.

27. San Diego Chargers- Gosder Cherilus(RT) , Boston College: team with few needs, but Jeremy Clary is not a quality RT, Cherilus is a mauler that is a perfect fit at RT.

28. Dallas Cowboys- Felix Jones(RB/KR) , Arkanas: brings the lightning to Barbarian's thunder, can make a impact in the kicking game as well.

29. San Francisco 49ers- Dan Connor(MLB) , Penn State: Lineup now- Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, Dan Connor , Manny Lawson, and Mike Singletary coaching them up, wow what a scary LB core for the next decade.

30. Green Bay Packers- Jonathan Stewart(RB/KR) , Oregon: I love Ryan Grant but you can't pass on a potential franchise back, Stewart/Grant attack takes some pressure of the passing game.

31. New England Patriots - (Forfeited as penalty for cheating)

32. New York Giants- Kentwan Balmer(DT) , North Carolina: Balmer has Top 10 talent but lacks the work ethic, leaders along the D-Line allows Balmer to reach his full potential.

2ND ROUND
    33. Miami Dolphins- Joe Flacco(QB) , Delaware
    34. St. Louis Rams- Devin Thomas(WR) , Michigan State
    35. Oakland Raiders- Lawrence Jackson(DE) , USC
    36. Kansas City Chiefs - Antoine Cason(CB) , Arizona
    37. New York Jets- Jonathan Goff(LB) , Vanderbilt
    38. Atlanta Falcons- Brian Brohm(QB) , Louisville
    39. Baltimore Ravens- Patrick Lee(CB) , Auburn
    40. San Francisco 49ers- James Hardy(WR) , Indiana
    41. New Orleans Saints- Pat Sims(DT) , Auburn
    42. Buffalo Bills- Dustin Keller(TE) , Purdue
    43. Denver Broncos- Earl Bennett(WR) , Vanderbilt
    44. Carolina Panthers- DaJuan Morgan(FS) , North Carolina State
    45. Chicago Bears- Chad Henne(QB) , Michigan
    46. Detroit Lions- Curtis Lofton(MLB) , Oklahoma
    47. Cincinnati Bengals- Erin Henderson(WLB) , Maryland
    48. Minnesota Vikings- Quentin Groves(DE) , Auburn
    49. Atlanta Falcons- Fred Davis(TE) , USC
    50. Philadelphia Eagles- Tavares Gooden(WLB) , Miami (FL)
    51. Arizona Cardinals- Brandon Flowers(CB) , Virginia Tech
    52. Washington Redskins- Early Doucet(WR) , LSU
    53. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Chris Johnson(RB/KR) , East Carolina
    54. Pittsburgh Steelers- Reggie Smith(CB/S) , Oklahoma
    55. Tennessee Titans- Tracy Porter(CB) , Indiana
    56. Seattle Seahawks- John Carlson(TE) , Notre Dame
    57. Green Bay Packers- Darrell Robertson(DE) , Georgia Tech
    58. Miami Dolphins- Cliff Avril , Purdue
    59. Jacksonville Jaguars- Heath Benedict , Newberry
    60. Indianapolis Colts- Lavelle Hawkins(WR) , Cal
    61. Green Bay Packers-Martellus Bennett(TE) , Texas A&M
    62. Dallas Cowboys- Dre Moore(NT) , Maryland
    63. New England Patriots- Justin King(CB) , Penn State
    64. New York Giants- Xavier Adibi(WLB) , Virginia Tech

3RD ROUND
    65. Miami Dolphins- Anthony Collins(RT) , Kansas
    66. St. Louis Rams- Carl Nicks(RT/LT) , Nebraska
    67. Kansas City Chiefs- Letroy Guion(DT) , Florida State
    68. Carolina Panthers- Andre Woodson(QB) , Kentucky
    69. Atlanta Falcons- Jerod Mayo(MLB) , Tennessee
    70. New England Patriots- Kellen Davis(TE) , Michigan State
    71. San Francisco 49ers- Tom Zbikowski(S), Notre Dame
    72. Buffalo Bills- Terrence Wheatley(CB) , Colorado
    73. Jacksonville Jaguars- Marcus Harrison(DT) , Arkansas
    74. Minnesota Vikings- Trevor Laws(DT) , Notre Dame
    75. Carolina Panthers- Kevin Smith(RB) , Central Florida
    76. Chicago Bears- Ray Rice(RB), Rutgers
    77. Detroit Lions- Jacob Hester(RB/FB), LSU
    78. Cincinnati Bengals- Mario Manningham(WR) , Michigan
    79. New Orleans Saints- Mike Pollack(C/OG) , Arizona State
    80. Houston Texans- Jamaal Charles(RB) , Texas
    81. Philadelphia Eagles- Charles Godfrey(CB/S) , Iowa
    82. Arizona Cardinals- Jordy Nelson(WR), Kansas State
    83. Minnesota Vikings- Andre Caldwell(WR) , Florida
    84. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Donnie Avery(WR), Houston
    85. Washington Redskins- Josh Barrett (SS) , Arizona State
    86. Tennessee Titans- Jermichael Finley(TE) , Texas
    87. Seattle Seahawks- John David Booty(QB) , USC
    88. Detroit Lions- Phillip Wheeler (SLB) , Georgia Tech
    89. Pittsburgh Steelers- Matt Forte (RB) , Tulane
    90. Jacksonville Jaguars- Beau Bell(SLB/MLB) , UNLV
    91. Chicago Bears- Dexter Jackson(WR/KR) , Appalachian State
    92. Green Bay Packers- Jack Ikegwuonu(CB) , Wisconsin
    93. Dallas Cowboys- Chevis Jackson(CB) , LSU
    94. Indianapolis Colts- Jordon Dizon(SLB) , Colorado
    95. New England Patriots- Jason Jones(DE/LB) , Eastern Michigan
    96. New York Giants- Terrell Thomas(CB) , USC

First of all, you did not address our biggest need, WR. We picked up Crumpler in FA so we will take a WR before a TE. Secondly, no way we take Chilo Rachal in the first. The only guard we'd even consider taking in the first is Branden Albert and I doubt he'll be there.

Comment

Avril doesn't make any sense if we just drafted Chris Long, so give us Martellus or Justin King there instead. Also, Nicks seems to be a better fit for us than Collins at OT. Like where your head's at though!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Stewart wont last till 30

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

The Bills need a WR.
          We only have Evans, Reed, and Parrish

Originally Posted by scottyboy
          my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

boy...to say thats a little high for albert is an understatement. you rarely see guards in the first round, and almost never as high as 14. even with chris williams gone, i think the bears go mendenhall then otah with that pick.

and henne, i HATE henne. he embodies everything thats bad about grossman without any of the positives. he was an alright college QB who has NO, ZIP, ZERO, NADA pro potential. i do not want him to be a bear. id just hold off and not go QB until later. give orton and rexy another year with no one i like there.

rice....acceptable. not my ideal RB to come out of there with since we just drafted an undersized, overacheiver in college RB in wolfe last year. but ill accept it.

and jackson....eh, alright. we dont really need his return skills so id rather take a better receiver like adrian arrington. but acceptable enough

Comment

Ya. thats a big time reach for Albert and I doubt a college OG should be considerd the future LT.

Comment

nice Falcons mock.
                but im pretty sure that the Falcons would take Jack Long ahead of Glen Dorsey.
                but Brian Brohm and Fred Davis in the 2nd round is awsome!

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

im ok with the packers draft

Jack Ikegwuonu in the 3rd kid wont even play

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                    Avril doesn't make any sense if we just drafted Chris Long, so give us Martellus or Justin King there instead. Also, Nicks seems to be a better fit for us than Collins at OT. Like where your head's at though!
                    For Avril, I dont think Parcells likes Joey Porter as a OLB either, hes addressed the middle threw FA. Having a versatile player like Long and a consistent pass rusher like Avril (drafted Spencer even though DeMarcus Ware was their in BIG D) has the potential to be dominant.

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                    The Bills need a WR.
                    We only have Evans, Reed, and Parrish
                    Dustin Keller is so versatile he can play the H-BACK spot instead of Neufeld and Schouman but can also play TE and split out wide and create a physical presence that Buffalo lacks.

Comment

decent patriots pick, i like rivers, king, and davis....... i dont think reggie smith will fall that deep in the second round..... i think hes a mid to late first round pick
                      Last edited by proshoota25; 03-07-2008, 10:18 PM.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Even though the first round pick doesn't necessarily address a need, I really love the Vikings picks. I would rather have DRC over Talib, but the overall Vikes draft is very good, Quentin Groves is a DE I would love to add to this team and Laws and Caldwell are solid third rounders, however I think, as of right now, Jermichael Finley would be the pick over Caldwell. Overall good draft though.

Comment

The Vikings are not going to draft a CB in round 1 they already have Winfield, Cedric Griffin, and Marcus McCauley. They need an upgrade at RT Jeff Otah would be the pick at #17.

Comment

we don't need a guard and a LB in rounds 2 and 3...bad mock..

Comment

great pick for the redskins in rd 1.

rd2 and 3 imo arent very good though. at least one spot on the dline or oline have to be addressed in the first 3 rounds if not both. i truly feel the skins are going to do what it takes to get a wr in a trade or get hackett and i like reed doughty at ss enough that im confident waiting till a later round to bring in depth.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information