Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my annual mock

1. Browns - Myles Garrett (DE)
    He had a monster of a combine and is as good as advertised. Has the same draft hype as Clowney a few years back. I'm imagining a Julius Peppers type impact and career. Now, lets just see how the Browns screw this up.

2. 49ers - Deshaun Watson (QB)
    I feel like people are sleeping on Watson. He had a stellar combine, can make all the throws, has the intangibles to be a great leader, is a proven winner against the toughest competition... what else do you want from a potential franchise QB?

3. Bears - Johnathan Allen (DE)
    He's a beast and would go #1 if Garrett wasn't around. He's a perfect fit for the 3-4 end and should be an all-pro for many seasons.

4. Jaguars - Leonard Fournette (RB)
    The team went out and spent a whole lot of many on the defense during free agency. Jags need a running game to take the pressure off of Bortles, who plays behind an atrocious offensive line. Fournette is as violent of a runner as I've ever seen.

5. Titans - Marshon Lattimore (CB)
    Closest thing to a shutdown cornerback in the draft. Team just signed Logan Ryan but he's more fit covering the slot and nickel. They don't have a shutdown and they could use one.

6. Jets - Mitch Trubisky (QB)
    My guess is the team will sign Cutler to a short-term deal and then they'll draft a QB (ie. Trubisky) to groom until the ruthless fans boo Cutler out of town... classic Jets.

7. Chargers - Jamal Adams (SS)
    All mocks have Adams going as high as #2 and no lower than #7. People see him as a generational type safety. I guess the Chargers are lucky to get him here and he does fill a real need.

8. Panthers - Dalvin Cook (RB)
    Johnathan Stewart was released and the team has no one to bring up behind him. Enter Dalvin Cook. That Newton read-option with Cook would be real dangerous. If Fournette is 1A, Cook in my opinion is 1B.

9. Bengals - John Ross (WR)
    Have fun trying to guard AJ Green, Eifert and the fastest man in the NFL. Bit of a reach maybe, but I just made Andy Dalton real happy with this pick.

10. Bills - Malik Hooker (FS)
    The team could go in a few directions here but a ball-hawking free safety is a safe choice and fills a huge need.

11. Saints - Solomon Thomas (DE)
    I'm pretty sure this pick will be spent on defense somewhere. Why not take the best player available and upgrade a dismal pass rush.

12. Browns - Reuben Foster (LB)
    No need to reach and draft a QB here. With so many picks, the team can find their developmental guy later on in the 2nd round. Take the best player available and improve the soft defense with an aggressive playmaker like Foster.

13. Cardinals - Corey Davis (WR)
    Carson could use another reliable target for what will be the Cardinals final run at winning the Super Bowl. Davis does look like the best route-runner in the draft.

14. Eagles - Sidney Jones (CB)
    I'd be shocked if the Eagles don't draft the best available corner here. It is their most glaring need. Jones reminds me of Richard Sherman.

15. Colts - Derek Barnett (DE)
    Seems like every year the Colts either need an offensive tackle or defensive end in the first round... no different this year.

16. Ravens - OJ Howard (TE)
    GM Ozzie Newsome has an eye for good talent and probably has an even better eye for tight end talent. I got a feeling Howard will be an all-pro for many years.

17. Redskins - Malcolm McDowell (DT)
    This pick needs to be spent somewhere on the front seven. Anywhere really.

18. Titans - Mike Williams (WR)
    This is a no-brainer if Williams falls to the Titans here. Some have him as the best WR in the draft.

19. Bucs - Alvin Kamara (RB)
    I watched him in college and Kamara is as explosive of a playmaker as anyone in this draft (next to John Ross). Doug Martin is suspended, so they need him.

20. Broncos - Garrett Boles (OT)
    No secret how badly the Broncos need to improve their horrible offensive line.

21. Lions - Jabrill Peppers (SS)
    Swish army knife Peppers is a great fit for Detroit in my opinion. Doesn't matter if he plays safety or linebacker, Lions need help at both positions.

22. Dolphins - Taco Charlton (DE)
    They let Mario Williams walk and Cameron Wake isn't getting any younger.

23. Giants - Ryan Ramzyck (OT)
    The team depends so much on protecting Eli for the passing game and Flowers looks like a bust on the blindside.

24. Raiders - TreDavious White (CB)
    Major need at CB, why not take the best available cover corner out there?

25. Texans - Cam Robinson (OT)
    Assuming the team gets Romo, he'll need to be protected.

26. Seahawks - Forrest Lamp (OL)
    Offensive line is bad. Real bad. Any help should be welcomed. I love lamp.

27. Chiefs - Zach Cunningham (LB)
    Bring him in to replace Derrick Johnson and install some youth at the position.

28. Cowboys - Charles Harris (DE)
    Guaranteed this pick spent somewhere on defense. Take the best available pass rusher.

29. Packers - TJ Watt (LB)
    Local kid. Fills a need. This pick makes sense.

30. Steelers - Budda Baker (SS)
    Guaranteed this pick spent on defense. Baker is physical safety that plays like a linebacker. Here's your next Polumalu.

31. Falcons - Takkarist Mckinley (DE)
    More pass rush help. We all saw what Brady did to them.

32. Saints - Adoree Jackson (CB)
    More help for the defense. Jackson could return punts too.

I hope the Buc's don't reach for a RB in the first round in a deep RB class, especially for a RB not named Cook.

Comment

Can't see the Bengals passing up on Malik Hooker, Solomon Thomas, Reuben Foster, or even Derek Barnett to take John Ross. The need a speed WR but after re-signing Brandon LaFell to a two year contract I really can't see them spending the #9 pick on a WR.

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information