AK's 2/13 mock draft (1st round w/ comments):

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK's 2/13 mock draft (1st round w/ comments):

I usually don't do two mock drafts within a week of each other in February... but the last one was my first version of the year, and there were some changes I wanted to make after doing a lot of research this week to get into the flow for the 2010 draft:

Click here to be amazed

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com

Not a good Vikings pick. I don't know why so many people think that we need a corner. Griffin may be injured but he will be back in time for the start of the season. Until then, Sapp and Allen should do a decent job of filling in.

sig by fenikz
    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
    You are just a terrible person.
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
      Not a good Vikings pick. I don't know why so many people think that we need a corner. Griffin may be injured but he will be back in time for the start of the season. Until then, Sapp and Allen should do a decent job of filling in.
      Sapp is able to barely hang on as a temp #2 CB. Barely.

Asher Allen is not capable of playing more than nickle CB right now.

Winfield's had injury issues the last few seasons, will be 33 years old.

There's a big question mark of when Griffin will be back to 100%.

CB is DEFINITELY an area of need.
      Last edited by akvikefan89; 02-14-2010, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Very good raiders pick

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by akvikefan89 View Post
          Sapp is able to barely hang on as a temp #2 CB. Barely.

Asher Allen is not capable of playing more than nickle CB right now.

Winfield's had injury issues the last few seasons, will be 33 years old.

There's a big question mark of when Griffin will be back to 100%.

CB is DEFINITELY an area of need.
          it's an area of need, but not in the first round. Especially on a reach like him. I'd say 3 or 4th round we draft a CB, but no way in the first. Sapp/ Allen should be just fine. Winfield will be back 100%, and Cedric Griffin will probably play nickel for the 1st half of the season. I would be just fine without a corner in the first. And watch the link that you post. I know that's ok on other forums but I don't think it is here.

sig by fenikz
          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
          You are just a terrible person.
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I have an iPhone.

Comment

Histroy Repeats itself and the Bengals will not go TE in 1st Round. WR or S will be adressed

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
              it's an area of need, but not in the first round. Especially on a reach like him. I'd say 3 or 4th round we draft a CB, but no way in the first. Sapp/ Allen should be just fine. Winfield will be back 100%, and Cedric Griffin will probably play nickel for the 1st half of the season. I would be just fine without a corner in the first. And watch the link that you post. I know that's ok on other forums but I don't think it is here.
              Why would the Vikings add another 3rd/4th round talent CB? We already have nickle and dime guys. The issue is that our best CB is trying to come back from a torn ligament, our veteran CB will be 33 years old and injury-prone, and behind them are those nickle and dime CB's I just mentioned. How any Vikings fan who watched the games this year could be against a CB in round 1 is beyond me.

I talk with a ton of other diehard Vikings fans and not a single one is against CB in round 1.

On the link, the same site was used in this thread, and replies were made by moderator/s, etc. that didn't indicate anything wrong with linking to that mock draft generator:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=38566

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                Histroy Repeats itself and the Bengals will not go TE in 1st Round. WR or S will be adressed
                I can see them going WR. Just curious, though, why not add a TE like Gresham? Do Bengals fans not like him, or is it just a belief that the staff won't do it...?

Comment

Great Phins pick!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Great KC pick.

Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by akvikefan89 View Post
                      I can see them going WR. Just curious, though, why not add a TE like Gresham? Do Bengals fans not like him, or is it just a belief that the staff won't do it...?
                      Pretty much that they drafted a receiving tight end last year (Coffman) and the staff don't have a history of TE early.

Personally I wouldn't be suprised if they went Gresham though, it was painfully obvious late in the season they needed a second consistent receiving threat. I know that the Bengals need more of a vertical threat but I think Gresham is better value than any of the receivers available there.

Comment

Yeah, as a Vikings fan you should have definitely given us a better pick. We don't need a corner. We drafted Asher Allen in the third round. Sapp is a very good nickel, so you don't spend a third rounder on someone who you plan on keeping at the dime back his entire career.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Yeah I officially dont like the pick, it doesnt fill a need (saints already have a few talented players to take over once sharper is out) and it is terrible value
                          bad value+ no need= weird pick

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                          - Corner or Wideout in the first
                          - No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

B.Graham=Money
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                              Yeah, as a Vikings fan you should have definitely given us a better pick. We don't need a corner. We drafted Asher Allen in the third round. Sapp is a very good nickel, so you don't spend a third rounder on someone who you plan on keeping at the dime back his entire career.
                              Anyone who thinks Asher Allen is going to be a legit starting #1 or #2 CB is going to be very disappointed.

I normally don't care when people disagree with my picks, but the Vikings one is frustrating because there's like 2 Vikings fans over here that keep blasting people when they give the Vikings a CB in round 1, and now because of that a lot of mocks have us making ridiculous picks to avoid CB's. Let me just tell any non-Vikings fan reading that the consensus on prominent Vikings fan forums I've been on is very pro-CB in round 1 if Dan Williams is gone and nobody who should have gone a lot higher is around...
                              Last edited by akvikefan89; 02-14-2010, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information