Mr.Regulars 1000th post Extravadanza!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Regulars 1000th post Extravadanza!

A 2 round mock draft bonanza coming your way! The first round picks will have 2 alternatives, and round 2 will have none. Plus all the round 1 picks have explanations! Hoorah! Comments and constructive criticism is always welcomed, but I find comments about the mock as a whole are much better then those ones that only deal with one particular team. Anyways, here it is!

1) St.Louis- Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
    Other options: Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen
    St. Louis desperately needs a franchise QB. But the 2 guys theyd consider have major question marks and I think most feel before we know that those question marks have been answered(injuries, leadership, etc...) that St. Louis is a safe bet to take Suh, a player with an upside of Reggie White.

2) Detroit- Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
    Other options: Russell Okung, Eric Berry
    Most feel McCoy is just a step below Suh as a prospect which is saying something. DT is a huge need, so if either Suh or McCoy is here, they will likely take them...only way they may pass on a DT is if the Lions finally sour on Jeff Backus and conclude protecting Matt Stafford should be priority #1... however right now, McCoy makes the most sense.

3) Tampa Bay- Eric Berry, DB, Tennessee
    Other options: Jason Pierre-Paul, Dez Bryant
    All three of the listed guys are real possibilities. Ive heard the rumours about them liking JPP the best, but Im not buying too much into February reports. Berry is the best player of the bunch here and can play CB or S for the Bucs. Good fit and good value.

4) Washington- Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
    Other options: Jimmy Clausen, Russell Okung
    Question #1 is do they take a QB or LT? I think Shanahan wants his guy....new coaches do usually want new QB's.... so Im going QB. Question #2 is who do they like better of the top 2 guys? Im betting on Bradford. Most NFL people seem to be higher on him for whatever reason, so right now I feel hes the leader in the clubhouse for this pick

5) Kansas City- Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
    Other options: Bryan Bulaga, Rolando McClain
    KC is a tough one to pick for. Their OLine needs help but Albert has played decent enough at LT... then again the board isnt exactly lined up with other needs. So I feel they go tackle anyway and pick the most highly thought of tackle in Okung.

6) Seattle- Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
    Other options: CJ Spiller, Bryan Bulaga
    The Seahawks have needs everywhere pretty much except TE and LB....arguably 2 of the least important positions to fill... yikes. But theres a new regime in town, and new coaches=new QB's. Though we all know Carroll isnt the biggest fan of underclassmen at QB, Clausen is a three year starter under Charlie Weis... I think he'll forget about his junior status and jump at the chance to take his QB of the future.

7) Cleveland- CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson
    Other options: Joe Haden, Dez Bryant
    A mild surprise sure, but Spiller is a top 10 talent. Without the value in the secondary matching up here (Hadens stock isn't at this point anymore IMO) I feel the Browns should go for some offensive firepower, and Spiller fits the bill.

8) Oakland- Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
    Other options: Jason Pierre-Paul, Taylor Mays
    The three guys I have listed are the 3 most likely picks by far. Mays doesn't really fit a need so Ill put him out, and I view Campbells freaky athleticism as more freaky then JPP's...so Bruce it is.

9) Buffalo- Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
    Other options: Dan Williams, Bryan Bulaga
    IMO this pick HAS to be a QB, LT, or NT. Their QB situation is awful...but no value here..... and Dan Williams may be a slight reach here. So I went with Davis in a toss up over Bulaga.

10) Jacksonville- Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, USF
    Other options: Derrick Morgan, Joe Haden
    Some people may feel JPP is the BPA here, and he fits in with a huge need. Seems like a reasonable pick to me.

11) Denver (from Chicago)- Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
    Other options: Dez Bryant, Joe Haden
    McClains value is hard to figure out... Some have him top 5, others bottom round 1. I think he fits here. Though Bryant and Haden are intriguing options I think Denver basically investing a first in Alphonso Smith, and their past dealings with a WR diva will keep them from ultimately pulling the trigger on my two other options.

12) Miami- Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
    Other options: Dan Williams, Sergio Kindle
    This pick should most likely be a passrusher or NT, but with Bryant on the board I think even Bill Parcells will pull the trigger. They are building around Henne, they have his OLine, a solid running attack, all they need are some outside weapons. Here's the best receiver in the draft falling into their laps.

13) San Francisco- Joe Haden, DB, Florida
    Other options: Trent Williams, Anthony Davis
    Though Haden did not time well, he should still go top 15 or so. In San Francisco he would fill a need in the secondary as a corner or even possibly a safety. Good value here.

14) Seattle- Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
    Other options: Taylor Mays, Charles Brown
    A LT would be ideal here and luckily a player like Bulaga who has good value and fits the scheme is available.Taylor Mays is a distinct possibility, but with a solid LT like Bulaga on the board Carroll has to ignore a luxury safety pick.

15) New York Giants- Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
    Other options: Derrick Morgan, Taylor Mays
    Big Dan Williams would work wonders for that under performing Giants DLine. A huge body in there with all those athletic passrushers would be scary.

16) Tennessee- Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
    Other options: Everson Griffen, Sean Weatherspoon
    Good fit, good value, and fills a need. This pick would be perfect for Tennessee.

17) San Francisco (from Carolina)- Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
    Other options: Brandon Graham, Mike Iupati
    Slam dunk pick for the 49ers. Fits in perfectly at RT, a huge need, and hes fantastic value here.

18) Pittsburgh- Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
    Other options: Mike Iupati, Taylor Mays
    All three of my listed guys would make sense, but 'Spoon just screams Steelers to me. With the talented group of backers in Pittsburgh, Weatherspoon could learn for a bit before coming in, but that seems to be the style of Steeler drafting (Hood, Timmons, Mendenhall)

19) Atlanta- Everson Griffen, DE, USC
    Other options: Kyle Wilson, Brandon Graham
    Again, all three of these options make a ton of sense. But Griffen has a ton of upside and is a prototypical 43 DE, something Graham may not be. Reports are the Falcons like Wilson, but I feel Griffen is better value at this point so I gave him the nod.

20) Houston- Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
    Other options: Mike Iupati, Taylor Mays
    Iupati would help out that running game, and Thomas is fantasic value here I feel, but a true corner is the teams #1 need. Wilson has what it takes to be a #1 corner so the Texans are wise to pick him up.

21) Cincinnati- Taylor Mays, S, USC
    Other options: Jermaine Gresham, Arrellious Benn
    An offensive weapon is need #1 but I don't know if Benn is the best value, and there are lots of varying opinions on Gresham... so what I do know is the Bengals situation at safety is pretty bad. So I'm going with a safety with good value at this point.

22) New England- Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan
    Other options: Sergio Kindle, Jerry Hughes
    Graham may not be the prototypical New England passrusher but its impossible to ignore his ability. He brings some much needed passrush to the Pats and offers the greatest value of the 3 DE/OLB's I listed.

23) Green Bay- Charles Brown, OT, USC
    Other options: Devin McCourty, Earl Thomas
    Other Packer fans feel differently, but I am convinced Brown would be an amazing pick for the Packers. He is your prototypical ZBS LT and I believe he projects to be a D'Brickashaw Ferguson type player at the next level. Regardless if you agree with me or not, he fits good value at this point and fills the teams biggest need, and nothing else on the board seems to match, so this pick was a no brainer for me.

24) Philadelphia- Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
    Other options: Sergio Kindle, Earl Thomas
    We all know Andy Reid loves linemen, and a good one with good value falls into his lap. I have a hard time seeing Reid passing on a guy with his ability.

25) Baltimore- Jermaine Grehsam, TE, Oklahoma
    Other options: Arrellious Benn, Golden Tate
    Ozzie Newsome loves picking up talent that drops. Gresham fits the bill. Though WR is a bigger need, Gresham is primarily a passing target anyways so its not like he doesn't help out in the teams lack of pass catchers. Great fit IMO.

26) Arizona- Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
    Other options: Jerry Hughes, Earl Thomas
    The Cardinals could use another passrusher, especially one like Kindle who fits in a 34 or a 43 front. Zona likes picking up dropping players (Wells, Branch, Watson..) so picking up Kindle who some have projected much higher seems like a typical Cardinals pick.

27) Dallas- Earl Thomas, S, Texas
    Other options: Mike Iupati, Arrellious Benn
    Jerry Jones would have a hard time passing on either Iupati or Thomas...both amazing value, both big time needs... in the end I think hed go Thomas who adds a lot to the team, where as Iupati's impact may not show up as quickly as Earl's.

28) San Diego-Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State
    Other options: Terrance Cody, Golden Tate
    This pick is most likely going to be on a #1 RB, and Matthews is big enough to carry the load, and talented enough to become a future star.

29) New York Jets- Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
    Other options: Golden Tate, Arrellious Benn
    The Jets would do themselves some favours by finding a stud corner to pair opposite of the #2 (;)) corner in the league. McCourty has ran his way into the #3 corner spot, and projects as a fringe first rounder.

30) Minnesota- Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
    Other options: Brian Price, Maurkice Pouncey
    Iupati would add a ton to the Minny offense. Petersons 'down' year may be a product of sub par blocking from the right interior of that OLine. Iupati should take care of that right away. Amazing value too.

31) Indianapolis- Brian Price, DT, UCLA
    Other options: Jared Odrick, Maurkice Pouney
    Price falls because very few teams have a glaring hole at DT in front of them. The Colts rejoice.

32) New Orleans- Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
    Other options: Jared Odrick, Jerry Hughes
    When I first saw Scott give the Saints Pouncey, I wont lie, I thought it was a tad ridiculous. But the way the board fell here it makes sense. There arent any good valued 43 linebackers or DL here...pretty much their biggest needs. So they turn to Pouncey who can take over at Center and make one of the leagues best interior lines even better.
    ----
    33) St. Louis- Arrellious Benn, WR, Illinois
    34) Detroit- Vlad Ducasse, OL, UMass
    35) Tampa Bay- Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
    36) Kansas City- Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB, TCU
    37) Washington- Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale
    38) Cleveland- Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State
    39) Oakland- Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
    40) Seattle- Chad Jones, S, LSU
    41) Buffalo- Terrance Cody, NT, Alabama
    42) Tampa Bay (from Chicago)-Jared Odrick, DT, PSU
    43) Miami- Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB, Clemson
    44) New England (from Jacksonville)- Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford
    45) Denver-Damian Williams, WR, USC
    46) New York Giants- Nate Allen, S, USF
    47) New England (from Tennessee)- Rodger Saffold, OL, Indiana
    48) Carolina- LaMarr Houston, DT, Texas
    49) San Francisco- Jahvid Best, RB, Cal
    50) Kansas City (from Atlanta)- Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
    51) Houston- Jon Asamoah, OG, Illinois
    52) Pittsburgh- Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
    53) New England- Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest
    54) Cincinnati- Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
    55) Philadelphia- Morgan Burnett, S, Georgia Tech
    56) Green Bay- Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan
    57) Baltimore- Dominique Franks, CB, Oklahoma
    58) Arizona- Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona
    59) Dallas- Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU
    60) San Diego- Jerome Murphy, CB, USF
    61) New York Jets- Dekoda Watson, OLB, FSU
    62) Minnesota- Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
    63) Indianapolis- Matt Tennant, C/OG, BC
    64) New Orleans- Navarro Bowman, OLB, PSU
    Last edited by Mr.Regular; 03-02-2010, 10:33 PM.

Solid KC mock I guess. Dez Bryant or Rolando McClain > Okung in the first though.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Make that COdy in the second Al will love his size
      Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

Comment

McClain - Hughes - Burnett or Tennant would be better for KC

Comment

very good for the Bills, no complaints!

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by Lions WMD
          None of you will be alive to see who gets picked at #3 if the Lions don't pick Suh at #2. I'll blow up the whole world.

Comment

very good vikes mock.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Great Vikings picks.

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com

Comment

Awesome Phins draft! Dez would be a Godsend if he fell to us at #12. And I'm a big fan of Ricky Sapp, so he would also be a great pick.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Not a Fan of Mays or Thomas

RIP themaninblack

Comment

6) Seattle- Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
                    14) Seattle- Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
                    40) Seattle- Chad Jones, S, LSU
                    Personally don't like Clausen, but since we get Bulaga at 14, I can live with it.
                    Like Jones in the second, but would prefer Gerhart.
                    Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

Wow-- that would be a fabulous draft for the Niners, but I have to say I really don't think there's any way Williams falls all the way to 17, but hey, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Comment

Like Graham in the first for the Pats but in the second give them Best instead of Gerhart, Spikes instead of Saffold and Lafell instead of Ghee. Then hopefully they will pick up someone for the O-line in either FA or through a trade.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                          Awesome Phins draft! Dez would be a Godsend if he fell to us at #12. And I'm a big fan of Ricky Sapp, so he would also be a great pick.
                          This. That draft would be as close to perfect as any draft for me.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Great job; I like those Bengal picks

Comment

Originally posted by billsfootball15 View Post
                              very good for the Bills, no complaints!
                              I would agree completely in regards to the Bills, and overall I thought it was a good job!!
                              I thought it was a little high for Griffen, Spiller and Campbell, but not far fetched by any means. Campbell does seem to be right down Davis's alley, especially with his combine performance, and Spiller could be a back thats value trump's Clevelands other needs. With Griffen he just reminds me too much of Kenechi Udeze, and its a personal opinion with me. I thought Thomas fell, with Mayock and some other evaluators putting him ahead of Berry, I cant see him falling that far, I couldnt see it before Mayock and others raised him, as for me he is the second best ball hawk in the draft, his combine helped his stock, he is physical, and his insticts remind me of Ed Reed, and Jarius Byrd. Plus I feel that with the way defenses are passing the ball, using TE's and spreading out the field, the need for safeties is higher than ever, and their value to a defense is extremely high. My one question is Dekoda Watson in the second???? I would be shocked personally, especially to the Jets... Like I said, I thought it was good overall :)
                              "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information