3 Round Mock draft completely uninhibited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Round Mock draft completely uninhibited

This is a mock draft I did without influence of outside sources ;) I have not looked at a single mock draft the entire year, and these are only players I have seen and watched. Because let us be honest, anyone can look at others work, change it a little and call it their own. So yeah probably a few errors and or reaches but this is how I think it might turn out come draft day.

Notes: The OLB position is trash overall, so teams better get them while they can. The TE position is extremely deep and teams will be able to get some very good RBs late in the draft because the TE and RB positions I do not see getting selected high in this draft. The top QBs are not worth a high draft selection and the defensive line has some real solid players and it is very deep at both positions.

1st
    1)Rams: N. Suh DT Nebraska
    2)Lions: E. Berry SS Tennessee
    3)Bucs: G. McCoy DT Oklahoma
    4)Redskins: J. Clausen QB Notre Dame
    5)Chiefs: D. Bryant WR Oklahoma St
    6)Seahawks: T. Mays SS USC
    7)Browns: G. Tate WR Notre Dame
    8)Raiders: R. Okung OT Oklahoma St.
    9)Bills: S. Bradford QB Oklahoma
    10)Jaguars: C. Dunlap DE Florida
    11)Broncos: J. Haden CB Florida
    12)Dolphins: E. Thomas SS Texas
    13)49ers: J. Pierre-Paul OLB USF
    14)Seahawks: B. Price DT UCLA
    15)Giants: R. McClain ILB Alabama
    16)Titans: D. Morgan DE Georgia Tech
    17)49ers: M. Gilyard WR Cincinnati
    18)Steelers: A. Davis OG Rutgers
    19)Falcons: K. Wilson CB Boise State
    20)Texans: A. Benn WR Illinois
    21)Bengals: D. Warren CB Michigan
    22)Patriots: S. Kindle OLB Texas
    23)Packers: T. Wililams OT Oklahoma
    24)Eagles: S. Weatherspoon OLB Missouri
    25)Ravens: E. Griffen OLB USC
    26)Cardinals: B. Campbell OT Maryland
    27)Cowboys: M. Pouncey OG Florida
    28)Chargers: C. Spiller RB Clemson
    29)Jets: B. Graham OLB/DE Michigan
    30)Vikings: C. Jones FS LSU
    31)Colts: L. Houston DT Texas
    32)Saints: D. Washington OLB TCU

2nd
    33)Rams: J. Snead QB Ole Miss
    34)Lions: R. Gronkowski TE Arizona
    35)Bucs: D. Williams WR USC
    36)Chiefs: P. Robinson CB FSU
    37)Redskins: R. Matthews RB Fresno State
    38)Browns: J. Arenas CB Alabama
    39)Raiders: N. Bowman OLB Penn State
    40)Seahawks: T. Pike QB Cincinnati
    41)Bills: Bulaga OT Iowa
    42)Bucs: T. Gibson DE Ohio State
    43)Dolphins: M. Iupati OG Idaho
    44)Patriots: R. Jones SS Georgia
    45)Broncos: K. Jackson CB Alabama
    46)Giants: A. Hernandez TE Florida
    47)Patriots: J. Gresham TE Oklahoma
    48)Panthers: E. Decker WR Minnesota
    49)49ers: S. Thompson CB Cal
    50)Chiefs: M. Wright FS Florida
    51)Texans: T. Ward SS Oregon
    52)Steelers: K. Chancellor SS Virginia Tech
    53)Patriots: T. Alualu DE Cal
    54)Bengals: D. Thomas WR Georgia Tech
    55)Eagles: T. Larsen C NC State
    56)Packers: T. Gerhart RB Stanford
    57)Ravens: D. Franks CB Oklahoma
    58)Cardinals: D. Pitta TE BYU
    59)Cowboys: J. Odrick DE Penn State
    60)Chargers: C. Black OT LSU
    61)Jets: J. Best RB Cal
    62)Vikings: J. McKnight RB USC
    63)Colts: B. Carter OG Texas Tech
    64)Saints: S. Capers OT West Virginia

3rd
    65)Rams. D. Briscoe WR Kansas
    66)Lions: J. Dwyer RB Georgia Tech
    67)Bucs: J. Hughes DE TCU
    68)Redskins: C. Brown OT USC
    69)Chiefs: B. Spikes ILB Florida
    70)Raiders: D. Dickerson TE Pitt
    71)Eagles: M. Sheppard DT Arkansas
    72)Browns: E. Norwood OLB South Carolina
    73)Bills. K. Clayton OLB Oklahoma
    74)Dolphins. T. Cody NT Alabama
    75)Jaguars: J. Starks RB Buffalo
    76)Bears: B. LaFell WR LSU
    77)Giants: M. Hardesty RB Tennessee
    78)Titans: D. McCourty CB Rutgers
    79)Panthers: B. Robinson DT Wake Forest
    80)49ers. M. Johnson OG Alahama
    81)Broncos. R. Gunnell WR Boston College
    82)Texans. J. Fox OT Miami FL
    83)Steelers. J. Murphy CB USF
    84)Falcons. R. Johnson FS Utah
    85)Bengals. C. Wootton DE Northwestern
    86)Raiders. T. Lindley CB Kentucky
    87)Packers. W. Thurmond CB Oregon
    88)Eagles: B. Tate RB Auburn
    89)Ravens. F. Barnes WR Bowling Green
    90)Cardinals: R. Curran OLB Georgia
    91)Cowboys: J. Shipley WR Texas
    92)Chargers: M. Rolle SS FSU
    93)Browns: A. McCoy TE USC
    94)Vikings: D. LeFevour QB C. Michigan
    95)Colts: G. Hardy DE Ole Miss
    96)Saints: G. Selvie DE USF

first off, charles brown isnt dropping to the 3rd round. secondly, the skins dont have a 3rd round pick even if he did. 2 rounds without OL = fail. with the way fa is shaping up, the skins gotta go OT in the first or second round. preferably in the first instead of clausen. even if the skins did go qb in the first i think it would be bradford over clausen although neither are ideal by any means.

Comment

first off, charles brown isnt dropping to the 3rd round. secondly, the skins dont have a 3rd round pick even if he did. 2 rounds without OL = fail. with the way fa is shaping up, the skins gotta go OT in the first or second round. preferably in the first instead of clausen. even if the skins did go qb in the first i think it would be bradford over clausen although neither are ideal by any means.
      Well I guess The Huddle Report has a mock draft order that is not up to date.

As for the Skins going QB, yeah sadly for them the selection is weak as can be. Bradford is a possibility but I really think that injury of his will come back and limit his career greatly, and I never liked him much in college anyway. At least Clausen has faced some trouble, got hit, got back up and throws an ok deep ball, but his bloodline is awful with Casey Clausen being his brother, I hated him as a QB at Tennessee.

Skins have some tough calls, really they should not even go with a QB but how can you not. Should trade down. Smart thing would be go Okung or Haden maybe, yeah sure ran a bad 40 but they need some good young corners, they could go Mays as well but doubt they do that one.

Comment

I am mixed on Graham pick but that pick could send Thomas and Gholston a warning message. Best pick is not great. Undersized with serious head injury for the offense that will continue plowing down the field is not recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
          Well I guess The Huddle Report has a mock draft order that is not up to date.

As for the Skins going QB, yeah sadly for them the selection is weak as can be. Bradford is a possibility but I really think that injury of his will come back and limit his career greatly, and I never liked him much in college anyway. At least Clausen has faced some trouble, got hit, got back up and throws an ok deep ball, but his bloodline is awful with Casey Clausen being his brother, I hated him as a QB at Tennessee.

Skins have some tough calls, really they should not even go with a QB but how can you not. Should trade down. Smart thing would be go Okung or Haden maybe, yeah sure ran a bad 40 but they need some good young corners, they could go Mays as well but doubt they do that one.

wiki has latest update on draft order. Walterfootball, too, if you want to copy and paste.

Comment

Is the assumption with Best to the Jets that Leon Washington will be gone or that the value is just too good to pass up? Either way I like the value at both spots even though they aren't the biggest of needs, though both could definitely be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
              9)Bills: S. Bradford QB Oklahoma
              2nd
              41)Bills: Bulaga OT Iowa
              3rd
              73)Bills. K. Clayton OLB Oklahoma
              74)Dolphins. T. Cody NT Alabama
              First round, is decent, although I am not sure Bradford has the arm Gailey and company are looking for, and I highly doubt he makes it past Seatlle or even Cleveland in the top 7 picks if not #1. I cant see how Bulaga drops to the second, sooooo... Great for Buffalo if he does, Bradford and Bulaga would be great if it happened as a combination. Clayton is a solid player, who I thought regressed a little last season, and I am not sure if he fits the 3-4 defense at all, regardless Cody makes much more sense at that point in the third, although I am fairly sure that he like Bradford and Bulaga will not be there at that point in the draft... If the Bills came out of the first three rounds with Bradford, Bulaga, and Cody I would put there draft at legendary status :D
              "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

1st and 3rd picks for the Bengals are absolutely atrocious. Warren is a HUGE reach with the 21st pick and Wootton doesn't fit the defense. Neither fill any sort of need whatsoever. Thomas is an excellent pick though.

The whole draft looks pretty effed up with extreme reaches, players dropping that shouldn't and players getting picked that aren't team needs.

Comment

Overall, I'd be ok with that Vikings mock. Good 1st rounder, and I'd be ok with LeFevour in the 3rd, but I do not like McKnight in the 2nd. I think he's a 3rd-4th rounder, and isn't a good enough pass blocker for us.

sig by BK and avy by me
                  Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                  If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

first two dolphins picks are pretty bad as S won't be a need once we lock up Ryan Clark and LG isn't even a depth need. I'd love cody in the third though.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

`Houston in the 1st seems like a bit of a reach but Carter in the 2nd is ok and Hardy in the 3rd is sweet.

Comment

The Lions took a TE in the 1st round last year (Pettigrew). Why would they take another in the 2nd this year?
                        [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The first pick is cool, although I perfer Weatherspoon. I understand why you chose Davis because he's a potential stud at LT for the next decade and the Steelers need a LT.

The second pick is ew. Give us Odrick or Best.

Third pick is good.

Comment

killxswitch `Houston in the 1st seems like a bit of a reach but Carter in the 2nd is ok and Hardy in the 3rd is sweet.
                            Really, I think that kid should be a 1st round pick, a classic small DT with great ability and could easily play DE in a 3/4, what makes he so much different than let us say Okoye on the Texans? Sure his first few years were not great but this year he was flat out great and is worth a 1st round pick I think.

Grizzlegom first two dolphins picks are pretty bad as S won't be a need once we lock up Ryan Clark and LG isn't even a depth need. I'd love cody in the third though
                            Good point, and that is true it is a hard call for the Dolphins but for whatever reason I have never really liked those safeties they have, and I think Earl Thomas is worth a pick that high because he is a great prospect.

AkiliSmith 1st and 3rd picks for the Bengals are absolutely atrocious. Warren is a HUGE reach with the 21st pick and Wootton doesn't fit the defense. Neither fill any sort of need whatsoever. Thomas is an excellent pick though.
                            A guy named Akili Smith says the draft is full of reaches ;o) Bengals I think could use Warren and considering his potential he is not a reach. What K. Jackson, P. Robinson or J. Arenas are better at that spot? Yes potentially that is true, but Jackson is a little soft at times, Robinson might have maxed on in terms of his ability and Arenas is small, but yes they could go with another corner that is true.

marshallb Overall, I'd be ok with that Vikings mock. Good 1st rounder, and I'd be ok with LeFevour in the 3rd, but I do not like McKnight in the 2nd. I think he's a 3rd-4th rounder, and isn't a good enough pass blocker for us.
                            I am just thinking in terms of a pass catching RB but yes as a blocker that is a big no, then again not many of these backs are that good of blockers anyway, think his big play ability would be nice to have, good change of pace back potentially and really a steal in a way if he develops correctly.

Comment

That is a really ugly draft for the 49ers. I can buy JPP at #13, but Gilyard at #17?? Aside from being a reach, the Niners would rather take Kyle Wilson, Trent Williams, Anthony Davis or even CJ Spiller. In round 2, you gave them a corner that goes 100% against their philosophy for DBs as Thompson is pretty much the smallest one available. I suppose Johnson in round 3 is an OK pick, but the most desperate need is at tackle, not guard.

No hard feelings of course, just constructive criticism.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information